If P. hire Vince Lombardi to coach the defense | The Boneyard

If P. hire Vince Lombardi to coach the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some idiots on this board would complain it was a bad hire because he is too old, or too Italian or too dead.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned here before it took 2 years for the players to buy into him.

Per Jerry Kramer.

Reaction Score
Some idiots on this board would complain it was a bad hire because he is too old, or too Italian or too dead.

Please share the good hires. The only good one in the past 2 years is now coaching at BC.

We've had more bad demotions/departures than hires in the past 2 years and it's not even close.

You know all this but you're bored and looking to stir things up.

Reaction Score

Are you saying he is not too old or too dead? ..... This making the idiots wrong?

Reaction Score
What's your point? So PP has dispelled all that nonsense about being "too old", huh? Come on, many fans were saying that about P when he was first being hired and he's had two seasons to make people "eat" those sentiments. He was not a good hire. He was too old then. Too mediocre. And the rest, folks, is history.

As for the Packers of Lombardi, that was a team that was slowing amassing young talent and was just a year or two away from flourishing when he took over. Not knocking Old Vince - he made them a whole lot better than just good
- but the reality was there were other coaches who could have had some level (maybe not Vince's) of success with the Packers. What's PP's level of talent going into '13. He certainly did less with a decent (to very good) defense in the last two years and now he won't have that to complement that gosh awful offense he had groomed.

Reaction Score
He was really more of an offensive coach so I would question the reasoning. It didn't work for the Eagles. Also, the whole dead thing would probably make me question the hire. But, I guess the London Olympics did try and get Keith Moon to play the ceremonies, so there is precedent in regards to soliciting the dead for jobs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well that whole dead thing is a bit of issue. I mean hiring a dead head coach isn't working out all that well with P.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Lombardi's track record was, but the legend that HCPP/GDL wrought at "cuse is well documented. And not a good one at that. Besides he/they were the hire of JH who was only good at having his picture taken while he handed out something at every commercial break duting home games at the Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom