If I Go to One Home Game This Year... | The Boneyard

If I Go to One Home Game This Year...

Which home game should I attend this year, if I only could pick one?

• FIU - 9/16

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Utah State - 9/30

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • USF - 10/21

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Sacred Heart - 11/18 (Will be at Empire Classic next day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UMass - 11/25

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Casual fan here.

Haven't been up to Rentschler in about nine years, but time to board the bandwagon...I like the momentum of this team.

For years, I've been tutoring on Saturdays but have decided that I will no longer do that, for the sake of my own balance, etc.

So, which game should I attend if I can only pick one?

NOTICE I would like to also attend NC State (work) and Duke (will be Long Island that weekend), but I'm certain I can't attend either game.

Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder and will be at them all. But when I was less die hard about football, I would go to the games that had a combination of the best weather and best tailgate opportunity. Those two games are FIU (probably warm with shorts/t shirts) on 9/16 @ 3:30PM and/or USF (probably cool with jeans/sweatshirts) on 10/21 @ 3:30PM.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pick the game earliest in the season that you can get to. You'll have such a blast that you won't want to miss another game. This way you won't feel as bad for not starting sooner.

Also, you're always welcome at my tailgate and if you need a ticket or two I got you.

Reaction Score
Pick the game earliest in the season that you can get to. You'll have such a blast that you won't want to miss another game. This way you won't feel as bad for not starting sooner.

Also, you're always welcome at my tailgate and if you need a ticket or two I got you.
Ditto

Reaction Score
Nothing like a Thursday nite opening game against NC State before the long weekend, preferably at the shore. A measurement game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The Utah State game is a revenge game, we were hosed by the refs last year.

Some of the best games in our history have been against USF. The rain storm game is still my all time favorite.
Agreed on USF yet that's why this game will likely be a weather mess!! It always seems to work in our favor though.

That being said, I'd take FIU or Utah St in Sept with the hope of warm weather for great tailgating.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Agreed on USF yet that's why this game will likely be a weather mess!! It always seems to work in our favor though.
The final results, yes. But even in that worst ever weather game, it wasn't an advantage. The Florida guys competed the entire way. It was almost like they embraced it the way the crowd did.

Reaction Score
Why not NC State?
First week back teaching at a school that's opposite direction from Hartford and I live in Norwalk.

Honestly, not even certain I can get to The Rent by the time the game starts. With Merritt/95 traffic, I'd be lucky to get to East Hartford from work in under two hours.

This will be the first school year in like six years where I don't work Saturday mornings (need balance, man), so that's why I'm more interested in attending football games this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom