IF EDD Had Stayed - 150 Straight Wins | The Boneyard

IF EDD Had Stayed - 150 Straight Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
EDD would have contracted Lyme's Disease and missed her freshman season, if she had stayed or not.

Reaction Score
Geno has said the same before: that it was less a loss for UConn than a gain for everyone else. He straddles the line between wanting to win everything all the time and maintaining at least a modicum of competitive balance within WCBB.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
EDD would have contracted Lyme's Disease and missed her freshman season, if she had stayed or not.
NO SHE WOULD HAVE NOT. I have her dog (2 dogs ) that she got after leaving UConn. as a landscaper I had never had a tick on me before, after I had many ticks. If she came to UConn she would of never gotten those dogs and had lyme. As Geno said it would of been unfair and I would not of had the best dog I ever had and more importantly made a friendship with an amazing family who I still feel close to today. I am pretty sure that I am the only EDD fan that has her hand printS and signature on their kitchen wall. Link to other photos on the day she came to visit me.Elena and Meghan come for a visit | Facebook
00000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
000000000000000000000.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The funny thing about if's are they're generative. However, if A'ja Wilson or Lauren Cox had signed with The UConn....

Reaction Score
NO SHE WOULD HAVE NOT. I have her dog (2 dogs ) that she got after leaving UConn. as a landscaper I had never had a tick on me before, after I had many ticks. If she came to UConn she would of never gotten those dogs and had lyme. As Geno said it would of been unfair and I would not of had the best dog I ever had and more importantly made a friendship with an amazing family who I still feel close to today. I am pretty sure that I am the only EDD fan that has her hand printS and signature on their kitchen wall. Link to other photos on the day she came to visit me.Elena and Meghan come for a visit | Facebook View attachment 16596 View attachment 16597
I have had multiple Ticks on me and been bitten--with the circle--in Southern Virginia (Hungry Mother st Park), New Jersey (Tuckerton), Lancaster County Pa, visited Lyme and never saw a Tick.
No Lyme disease been tested more than once. Only got them once from my dog--I use BioSpot since and no ticks.

Reaction Score
I'm so confused. How does a BY poster have Elena's dogs?? This is crazy.......

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I'm so confused. How does a BY poster have Elena's dogs?? This is crazy..
It's not crazy.
It's UConn.
It's Danny.
It's about more than basketball.

I heard a rumor that there's another Boneyarder with a goldfish that was once a treasured pet of Jackie Stiles. :D

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
IMO leaving UConn was the best decision for Elena. She was allowed to play her own style of roundball and develop her game in a way that I don't believe Geno would have accepted; although, Diana pretty much played her own game too. Both outstanding women.

Reaction Score
IMO leaving UConn was the best decision for Elena. She was allowed to play her own style of roundball and develop her game in a way that I don't believe Geno would have accepted; although, Diana pretty much played her own game too. Both outstanding women.
He didn't stop Stewie from being Stewie, just helped add a few things, which Elena got a chance to do in the Olympics, and loved.

Reaction Score

Huh????????????????

double huh? ??????????????

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The funny thing about if's are they're generative. However, if A'ja Wilson or Lauren Cox had signed with The UConn....

I think teams, programs, clubs, and the like are synergistic, in that every part is connected to every other part by either a useful or a dysfunctional energy. When we start talking about "what if this player had chosen UConn," we tend to ignore the counterpart question.

"Who chose UConn who might not have done so had (player x) chosen to attend."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last time I looked the most common carriers of Lyme Disease ticks in New England are your white tail deer and mice. The ticks are equal opportunity blood suckers and will enjoy you and your dog. I caught Lymes twice while living in Newtown, CT, but thankfully got treatment quickly in both cases. We had a landscaper treat our property for ticks every spring but it's a hit and miss proposition.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
IMO leaving UConn was the best decision for Elena. Both outstanding women.
I completely agree with both of those statements, but neither has anything to do with basketball. The middle of you post is just hogwash. Her basketball game was already very well developed in HS, and the difference she would have experienced at Uconn vs. at Delaware is that she:

1. Would have been surrounded with other WNBA quality talent and thus had much more freedom on the offensive end since she would not have been double and triple teamed at all times - that would have added to her skills as she could have worked more on her passing, driving, and working two man games on screens.

2. Would have an even better basketball mind than she already does, because the coaching staff would have pushed her to define and understand her instincts, and taught her more about reading the flow and the defenses she faced.

3. Geno would have demanded she work on her defensive skills, and not being the only WNBA talent on the team she could have done that without the pressure of realizing too many fouls would automatic result in a loss for the team.

All of that said, she is already a special player, she likely would just be slightly more special.

The reason I agree with your first sentence is because she clearly was not ready to leave a very special home environment when she arrived in Storrs, and if she had stayed feeling that she was deserting her sister, it could have really damaged her psyche, and that might have made her resent basketball and the coaches more than she thought she did.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Don't confuse the more common wood tick (aka dog tick) with the possibly Lyme carrying deer tick.

We don't own dogs yet my wife has had Lyme disease twice and I was treated for it last year. Just about any warm blooded critter can carry the "deer" tick but you are more likely to pick one up walking around the yard. I usually pick off a dozen or more ticks every year while doing yard work. Typically they are wood ticks but in the last couple of weeks I have found 3 deer ticks.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I completely agree with both of those statements, but neither has anything to do with basketball. The middle of you post is just hogwash.

At least I got something right.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
I agree, it was right for her. And she still got to play for him in the Olympics. I loved watching her play with the other huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom