Id like to see Shonn Miller shoot a couple of 3's | The Boneyard

Id like to see Shonn Miller shoot a couple of 3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has shot them in the past. Hes a guy who has some NBA abilities--he has NBA athletic ability and I think he could defend on the wing in the NBA. Id like to see him open up his game a bit--go in and out. I think Miller might be our second best player and Id like to give him more responsibility IF he shows us more REBOUNDING.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Let's see him make an easy bucket off one of his post moves or convert that dunk he missed before we start saying he should be taking 3's

Reaction Score
No thanks:

Capture.PNG

Reaction Score
There was a possession where he got a wide, wide open three, wouldn't take it (probably coach's instructions, not his own reluctance) and we ended up with some sort of end of shot clock bail out crap that had no prayer. The shot he passed up was the best scoring opportunity we had on that possession.

If we get to the point of running cleaner offense where we know we are going to get someone an even better look later in the clock, fine. But right now, it feels like we can't afford to not shoot shots we are capable of making when there are open opportunities.

Reaction Score
There was a possession where he got a wide, wide open three, wouldn't take it (probably coach's instructions, not his own reluctance) and we ended up with some sort of end of shot clock bail out crap that had no prayer. The shot he passed up was the best scoring opportunity we had on that possession.

If we get to the point of running cleaner offense where we know we are going to get someone an even better look later in the clock, fine. But right now, it feels like we can't afford to not shoot shots we are capable of making when there are open opportunities.
I remember those plays last night and he was wide open. At first I thought he should just stay inside but if he could make 1 out of 3 of those or better, it could open things up. It was part of his game in the past. KO should look at all possibilities.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He missed a couple gimmes last night but is efficient scoring. We need to not wait until the second half to get him the ball in the post though. He's always a big part of our comebacks offensively but we should be involving him before we fall behind rather than throwing up lobs or low percentage midrange shots.

Reaction Score
I would LOVE to see him rebound and play some defense.

Maryland: 4 rebounds
Gonzaga: 3 rebounds
Cuse: 4 rebounds

That's not cutting it. He also got lit up every game on the defensive end....

Reaction Score
I would LOVE to see him rebound and play some defense.

Maryland: 4 rebounds
Gonzaga: 3 rebounds
Cuse: 4 rebounds

That's not cutting it. He also got lit up every game on the defensive end....
Brimah's fault :rolleyes:

H

huskymagic

"Will you stop, are we really talking about fantasy basketball?'(Chris Christie emoji). We need to have an offense before Miller can hope to get a wide open 3 to attempt to make it. That is not happening with Gibbs and Purvis running the point responsibilities. We need Adams starting ASAP for this team to have any chance to make the NCAA tournament. We need a point guard to break the defense down with penetration, and we need guys that have some intelligence on the basketball court. You cant have interchangeable zeroes with low basketball IQ on defense like we do currently on defense. You need guys with different skillsets. One transfer at a time on the court would be my limit. We have never had two transfers playing starting responsibilities like we do on this team, which is part of the problem whether people on this forum care to admit or not. Lasan Kromah was a nice player off the BENCH who knew what his role was to defend and scrap for loose balls. If we keep making excuses for what our eyes are clearly showing us, this year is lost. Both Miller and Gibbs need to come off the bench.

Starting lineup: Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah.

Reaction Score
Problem: No PG & team is not working as unit on offense and executing roles/plays. And the plays might suck.
Short Term Solution in Important Game: Anything else
Long term Solution: Fix problem

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Yep.

I don't want him shooting 100 3's, but he should take wide-open 3s, particularly when the shot clock is under 10.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Will you stop, are we really talking about fantasy basketball?'(Chris Christie emoji). We need to have an offense before Miller can hope to get a wide open 3 to attempt to make it. That is not happening with Gibbs and Purvis running the point responsibilities. We need Adams starting ASAP for this team to have any chance to make the NCAA tournament. We need a point guard to break the defense down with penetration, and we need guys that have some intelligence on the basketball court. You cant have interchangeable zeroes with low basketball IQ on defense like we do currently on defense. You need guys with different skillsets. One transfer at a time on the court would be my limit. We have never had two transfers playing starting responsibilities like we do on this team, which is part of the problem whether people on this forum care to admit or not. Lasan Kromah was a nice player off the BENCH who knew what his role was to defend and scrap for loose balls. If we keep making excuses for what our eyes are clearly showing us, this year is lost. Both Miller and Gibbs need to come off the bench.

Starting lineup: Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah.

Out of curiosity, have all of your 671 posts consisted of "Adams needs to start NOW and down with the transfers!"?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
There is almost always a reason that a guy is left alone on the three line point a lot.
Try to figure out the reason.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He should be able to, he has the Daniel Hamilton haircut. That's how these things work, right?
And his name is Steven. There was a Steve Nash I think too. Enoch is a natural born point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom