Ice is ready to make her debut | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ice is ready to make her debut

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CD last night:

“Ice is very, very skilled. She can really shoot the ball, she can score inside, can score outside,” Dailey said. “She's not 100% yet and I think, you know, there's a process to that, having to sit out and then getting back into shape. … She's a really, really good shooter. I don't expect her to miss, you know, if she misses, I'm surprised.”

Reaction Score

She looks great!

Her shot is fluid whether shooting left or right handed.

Just wondering if the European games will be streamed in August. It will be a good appetizer for November for at least 10 of the women playing...

Reaction Score
In that video, Ice shows a wide range of her shooting arsenal, including a baby hook! I love the high release point and that she practices jump-stop shots off the dribble. She’s not just looking for a standing set shot, which has been a limitation of our bigs in recent years.

One last thought: she looks a bit like a bigger version of the type of player Cotie McMahon is. I remember thinking this when they played in the FIBA games. ice is not quite as quick but a lot stronger and has a better midrange game. And of course a much stronger rebounder, and McMahon is no slouch on the boards for a six footer.

Reaction Score
Ice has the same lefty presence and skills as A'ja Wilson. Unique!!! She can be a banger too! Over time and with experience her greatness will become known. Needs work with Tina C.

Reaction Score
In that video, Ice shows a wide range of her shooting arsenal, including a baby hook! I love the high release point and that she practices jump-stop shots off the dribble. She’s not just looking for a standing set shot, which has been a limitation of our bigs in recent years.

One last thought: she looks a bit like a bigger version of the type of player Cotie McMahon is. I remember thinking this when they played in the FIBA games. ice is not quite as quick but a lot stronger and has a better midrange game. And of course a much stronger rebounder, and McMahon is no slouch on the boards for a six footer.
Predict that Ice will start the season slow but be a major contributor in every way by the playoffs, in particular the areas Huskies are potentially thin at - rebounding and down low defense. Her offensive skills will minimize the ability to double Edwards or the many sweet shooting UConn guards.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn…
I see Ashlynn as another " Swiss Army knife" player.... and willing to do anything
to help the team to win.... things that don't show up in the box score! Go Ashlynn, Go Huskies!

Reaction Score

I look forward to ICE taking an extra year at UCONN with her "Red Shirted Year" and playing
multiple years with SARAH STRONG.... Now.... that is a combination!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I look forward to ICE taking an extra year at UCONN with her "Red Shirted Year" and playing
Did I miss an announcement?

Reaction Score
If your big takes a fall away jump shot in the paint, you really want another big in there to clean up the rebound as needed. That’s what I think we’ll see a lot of this year: either of Aaliyah or Ice taking the midrange jumper and the other one crashing the boards. And I have a feeling Jana and Ayanna will be able to play a similar role.

O! This year is showing up nicely.

Reaction Score
She also has the million dollar smile. She truly loves the game and that to me is vital to constantly pushing yourself to be your new best.

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to watching Ice play. If Ice (or any of the newbies) can be that spark. That missing piece to the puzzle. This is going to be a magical season. The videos of Ice shooting and being a low post and mid post are encouraging. Her mid-range game looks outstanding. I am hoping that she is 100% healthy and ready to play.

Reaction Score
Did I miss an announcement?
No, nothing new from me. I just had the idea that with no playing time this
past 2022 -2023 season for ICE, she would be eligible for a RED SHIRIT year
and that she might be interested in 4 consecutive playing seasons at UCONN.
This was just one of my many "wish list" items for UCONN WBB.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No, nothing new from me. I just had the idea that with no playing time this
past 2022 -2023 season for ICE, she would be eligible for a RED SHIRIT year
and that she might be interested in 4 consecutive playing seasons at UCONN.
This was just one of my many "wish list" items for UCONN WBB.
Too cerebral for me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom