Ice gets a highlight video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ice gets a highlight video

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
What I cannot fathom is how the refs seem to have it in for her. She's picked up more head scratching ticky tack fouls this year. You can see her frustration over that.
Basketball referees are like most people in that they will have an unconscious tendency to call plays based on a player’s reputation. (When I worked in schools, saw this time and again - some students were almost “doomed” before the start of the school year based on a bad rep.)

Since Ice has been called for so many fouls in the past, then she must be committing them now!

Hopefully she doesn’t let this get into her head and that Edwards can help her deal with this situation in as positive a way as possible.

Reaction Score
What I cannot fathom is how the refs seem to have it in for her. She's picked up more head scratching ticky tack fouls this year. You can see her frustration over that.
That is the part that kills me. I know the coaching staff goes over what is a foul, what might look like a foul, how to play offense and defense in the post, and they even have officials come to practice sometimes to help with questions on officiating calls.

I feel that the second Ice enters the game, the refs have it out for her. Sure, there are some calls that are legit and there are some that are confusing. I know coaches always say " This ref calls games this way" or "That ref is pretty cool and they let you play X way" Then a player gets on the floor, thinking they have to play X way and pick up two fouls and a player like Ice, if she gets 2 fouls, she might see the floor again that day or for the next 2-3 games. It is tough. I just hope that she does not lose her confidence. She knows that she can play basketball at this level. Keep being aggressive.

Reaction Score
The most obvious takeaway from this, and other highlights, is that she is finally getting in shape. She looks like a different person running the floor!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing
Top Bottom