I would like to thank Dan Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I would like to thank Dan Hurley

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hurley did a fine job but there are 50 coaches that could have done what he has done so far. The huge question remain about his ability to get us to the next level. I think it unlikely. I think his limitations are becoming more obvious as the season wears on.
I really don’t know. But I have doubts. Not with his mind or his knowledge of basketball. Can he put his ego aside and adapt?

Read an article recently that talked about Bill Self and other coaches. They said you can no longer build a team to fit what what you want. You now have to figure out the best team you can build with what you have. KU has a 6’8” center for example, and he’s amazing. This from the coach that had Embiid and others over the years. Adapt. Adjust.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hurley did a fine job but there are 50 coaches that could have done what he has done so far. The huge question remain about his ability to get us to the next level. I think it unlikely. I think his limitations are becoming more obvious as the season wears on.
Thank you for this intriguing post.

You seem to regard yourself as very knowledgeable, so I propose that you share your knowledge and love of UConn Men's Basketball by creating and sharing a brief biography of 50 such coaches, starting tomorrow.

If you do so, I think you will complete the task within a day or so of the 2023 Big East Men's Basketball Tournament. I can think of no better way that you could serve the program and the fan base.

How about it - will you accept this challenge to make the most of your unique attributes and be our team's superfan? I'm sure that others would love this as much as I would.

Reaction Score
Thank you for this intriguing post.

You seem to regard yourself as very knowledgeable, so I propose that you share your knowledge and love of UConn Men's Basketball by creating and sharing a brief biography of 50 such coaches, starting tomorrow.

If you do so, I think you will complete the task within a day or so of the 2023 Big East Men's Basketball Tournament. I can think of no better way that you could serve the program and the fan base.

How about it - will you accept this challenge to make the most of your unique attributes and be our team's superfan? I'm sure that others would love this as much as I would.
Calm down Mrs. Hurley. I’m sure your son will do a fine job at some nice mid-major.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This past week has been a good reminder of how quickly people want to jump off the ship. First sign of trouble and half the board is bailing on the program
Some people will go to great lengths to deny a man his Happy 50th Birthday wish because they regard him as emotionally immature.

Calm down Mrs. Hurley. I’m sure your son will do a fine job at some nice mid-major.
Not even close. You've got more than enough to know who I am. And I've got more than enough to know who you are.

Just do your homework; you've got nothing else to offer this board or the team at this point.

Think before you post, and remember to proofread. You clearly want to attract attention. So don't whine about it now.

Reaction Score
Let's hope for a quick return to health for Danny/Kimani.. In the meantime.. Would like to see some strong body language from our guys in their passion and play.. This is a winnable game.. Let's re-ignite a new streak and start playing UConn BB

Reaction Score
Some people will go to great lengths to deny a man his Happy 50th Birthday wish because they regard him as emotionally immature.

Not even close. You've got more than enough to know who I am. And I've got more than enough to know who you are.

Just do your homework; you've got nothing else to offer this board or the team at this point.

Think before you post, and remember to proofread. You clearly want to attract attention. So don't whine about it now.
What? I have no idea what you're talking about or why you think I'm talking about you

Reaction Score
Despite the current woes, I want to thank DH for rekindling my love of college hoops. While I pretty much always watched UConn games throughout the down years, the knowledge that we weren't going anywhere took away my motivation to watching what other top teams were doing. Why rub it in.

With this year's start and talk (until a few days ago) of a top seed, I've been watching a ton of games with actual interest in the outcomes. It's been fun, and I'm realizing how much I missed it.

And that's all I have to say about that.
The description of your basketball viewing habits mostly mirrors my own. So I agree with everything you say. At the same time, I "let go" a fair amount in the down years. Some on this board refer to that as being a casual fan. Which is fair. But I gotta say, I think I like the "let go" version of me a bit more than the basketball obsessed version of me. I do more. Live life more. Do home improvement projects more. Work on my ratty sailboat more. I learn more. I expand myself a bit more in the down years.... so in an odd way I should probably thank KO as well.

Reaction Score
This past week has been a good reminder of how quickly people want to jump off the ship. First sign of trouble and half the board is bailing on the program
A good potion of this board is the biggest group of spineless babies in the world, its incredible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll be happy to thank him once UConn makes it to at least the sweet 16 this year, a Big East tournament title would also be nice. As it stands there's been tremendous hype with very little to show for it.
I honestly think Hurley gets it. Calhoun built UConn up, then proceeded to win, and win big. He had some dips after that, some rough years, but we didn't abandon him because he'd earned it. While a top 5 ranking is great, and making the tournament is much better than not making the tournament, Hurley hasn't quite earned the right to "In Dan we trust" status yet. He has said as much. First round exists aren't success at UConn.

I'm certainly not close abandoning him now. But if this team spirals out of control and keeps losing, he's going to wish for a button to turn down the seat warmer.

Reaction Score
Whatever our problem really is, coaching, players, etc., and whether we win or lose, I just hope that Dan and Kimani watch the game objectively and unbiased. Watching the team from the outside and being coach by someone else actually affords them a unique opportunity to look at the team with fresh eyes and maybe really learn and see some things they might not otherwise even from game tape. If so, this could actually be a blessing in disguise in that respect.

Reaction Score
Whatever our problem really is, coaching, players, etc., and whether we win or lose, I just hope that Dan and Kimani watch the game objectively and unbiased. Watching the team from the outside and being coach by someone else actually affords them a unique opportunity to look at the team with fresh eyes and maybe really learn and see some things they might not otherwise even from game tape. If so, this could actually be a blessing in disguise in that respect.
Covid or not, I can't see Hurley totally on the sidelines on this one. He'll probably find a way to get in the staff's ear during halftime or on a TO.

Reaction Score
The 14-0 start and #2 ranking was awesome, and we looked fantastic doing it with great passing. Hurley is only 50 and will continue to get better as a coach. He has yet to have a top 25 recruit on the team. Comparison’s to JC are unfair as Calhoun was probably one of the top 3 coaches in the nation during his tenure at Uconn. It requires great luck to get a coach like that. Outside of the dream season, Calhoun didn’t take it to next level until he got the McD’s all americans like Donyell, Rip, and Khalid to come to Storrs. If Hurley keeps doing what he is doing the top tier McDonalds All Americans will come and then he will take it to the next level.

There are a lot of complaints about Hurley not recruiting a traditional PG., but he did recruit a top 60 classic PG with R Diggins. Unfortunately Diggins was a bust and has left a whole that Hurley did his best to patch with transfers.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy to thank him once UConn makes it to at least the sweet 16 this year, a Big East tournament title would also be nice. As it stands there's been tremendous hype with very little to show for it.

Rarely do I get a genuine spit take out of anything posted on this board but this did it.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

‘’So all that post on this board know each other. Geez who would of thought that was the case”

Reaction Score

@freescooter is easily one of the most chronically miserable people here. It’s been his shtick since I joined the last BY in 2008, and surely goes back further. You’re not gonna change his perspective. Just appreciate that your life is certainly better than his.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What? I have no idea what you're talking about or why you think I'm talking about you
It would confuse things more to say anything else except I was agreeing with you, and I did a poor job of expressing it. Sorry about that.

Reaction Score
Maybe he should join the chat to get some real insight!

Reaction Score
Rarely do I get a genuine spit take out of anything posted on this board but this did it.
Spewing Tyler Perry GIF by Nickelodeon

Reaction Score
Despite the current woes, I want to thank DH for rekindling my love of college hoops. While I pretty much always watched UConn games throughout the down years, the knowledge that we weren't going anywhere took away my motivation to watching what other top teams were doing. Why rub it in.

With this year's start and talk (until a few days ago) of a top seed, I've been watching a ton of games with actual interest in the outcomes. It's been fun, and I'm realizing how much I missed it.

And that's all I have to say about that.
And I thank you for regrounded all of us who have a couple feet off the ground right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom