I wonder why we never get the calls? | The Boneyard

I wonder why we never get the calls?

Reaction Score
When you are an elite program, you don't get the calls to keep the other team in the game.

Reaction Score
You have to drive to the hoop consistently to get calls, and all of us know 90% of our offense is passing 5 feet behind the 3-pt line
This is the truth. If you look at old stats we used to be the team that "got all the calls" because we drove the paint, got contact, threw up circus shots that landed a lot. Got them in foul trouble got in their heads.

Reaction Score
There was a time the refs or lack of calls didn't matter. In fact when we were good the reffin and calls was probably similar or not that much better.

The last few years we need the refs and us fans are begging for calls. Sadly it now seems in the forums we are constantly looking for pity from the officials.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This is the truth. If you look at old stats we used to be the team that "got all the calls" because we drove the paint, got contact, threw up circus shots that landed a lot. Got them in foul trouble got in their heads.
Adams was doing that at the start of the season, now I see him getting stuffed. More block shots that and less fouls. They close the lane down quick when he drives.

Reaction Score
It can't be Ollie. I've been told that he works the refs.

What were you watching? The only really bad one was the rebound on the offensive end Facey had both hands on but lost and somehow that was on him? Awful but the refs were fine.

Reaction Score
What were you watching? The only really bad one was the rebound on the offensive end Facey had both hands on but lost and somehow that was on him? Awful but the refs were fine.

I don't make too many comments on here, but if you can't see that all calls go against us, then I don't know what game you were watching. Always happens on the road. Bad calls. We're not very good, but the refs definitely don't do us any favors.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't make too many comments on here, but if you can't see that all calls go against us, then I don't know what game you were watching. Always happens on the road. Bad calls. We're not very good, but the refs definitely don't do us any favors.
If a team is playing well and has a good record it eliminates some of the home bias refs have.

But the refs were not much of a factor this game. Even made up a technical for UConn.

Reaction Score
If a team is playing well and has a good record it eliminates some of the home bias refs have.

But the refs were not much of a factor this game. Even made up a technical for UConn.

The kid blocked the shot and hardly reacted it was a terrible call for his T but a make up. They made some bad calls but a team who can't throw the ball inside and plays a lot of zone isn't getting a lot of calls. Reality is I'm the first one who reacts to a poorly refereed game this was not one of them. The aggressor gets the calls and usually should.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The kid blocked the shot and hardly reacted it was a terrible call for his T but a make up. They made some bad calls but a team who can't throw the ball inside and plays a lot of zone isn't getting a lot of calls. Reality is I'm the first one who reacts to a poorly refereed game this was not one of them. The aggressor gets the calls and usually should.
Agree with all this. Just added there is a home and success bias but it's not the primary factor by any means.

Reaction Score
You have to drive to the hoop consistently to get calls, and all of us know 90% of our offense is passing 5 feet behind the 3-pt line
This team is convinced that once they go down 5+ points, the only way to come back is to shoot 3s, which just buries us every time.

Facey could have had another 20 point game last night but Purvis and Adams decided we'd be better chucking up 3s and pretending Facey doesn't exist.

This team should seriously watch what SMU did on offense and emulate them. Get the ball to Facey/Durham near the FT line, make the defense collapse a bit and find the open man. I was completely jealous of SMU's ball movement.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It can't be Ollie. I've been told that he works the refs.

The refs jobbed us last night.

They were the difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom