I want to take a moment to defend the seniors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I want to take a moment to defend the seniors

Reaction Score
Less is better sometimes. Thank you Purvis for you services but I won't miss you too much.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Agree on Facey, and wish we had another year with him.
Purvis is an enigma, plain & simple. There are times he's borderline spectacular and other times he makes me pull my hair out.
I'm disappointed in Brimah's lack of growth/maturation over his 4 years here. I don't think it is asking too much for him to develop a reliable low post move in 4 years - just one move would be nice, but he's got nothing! Defensively, yes, he is an impediment to opponents getting to the rim. So was Emeka his freshman year, but he still picked up silly fouls all the time. By his senior year, he was an absolute monster on the defensive end of the floor. AB is not much better than he was his Freshman year; he goes for pump fakes and gets drawn into the air, tries to block shots he has no business trying for, and for the most part blasts the blocks he makes into the stands. Look at the minutes he plays in games we've lost, most of them he's logging 20 or less, and he needs to be on the floor no less than 30 a night.

I would never boo a kid on Senior Day (or any other day, frankly), and if I get tix for Sunday I'll clap and cheer for these guys loud & Husky proud. This is a season that "never was," because of the injuries, etc. It's a damn shame.

By his senior year, Okafor was in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Geez, it is a valid point that the recruiting is at a different level

UConn went hard after King if you remember

LOL. I know you are incapable of thinking positively. But instead of framing it like that, why can't you say that Vance is the leader of the entire conference in 3 point shooting as a freshman, in an era where 3 point shooting is more important than ever.

You are an absolute joke. Someone ban this phuhktard.

Edit. What even compelled that trolling strawman irrelevant post? It must have been the total of 6 points King has scored in his last 6 games since blowing up at UVA? Try harder.

Reaction Score
Geez, it is a valid point that the recruiting is at a different level

UConn went hard after King if you remember

The sky is blue. That is valid. But irrelevant to the discussion at hand. And once again, you paint things as negatively as possible. Jackson's foot speed is a problem at the 3. But instead of being so narrow minded and pessimistic, why not consider the possibility that a 6'8 kid with a good frame can put on a little muscle over the next 3 years and use his elite shooting ability and solid IQ to be an great stretch 4? There are very obvious problems with the program right now. For whatever reason, you have a difficult time focusing on the actual problems and instead pick on promising factors to potential future success.

Reaction Score
I think Vance can play the 4 next year for long stretches with Terry @ 3

Be interesting with the rotation with so many players @ 4-5

The sky is blue. That is valid. But irrelevant to the discussion at hand. And once again, you paint things as negatively as possible. Jackson's foot speed is a problem at the 3. But instead of being so narrow minded and pessimistic, why not consider the possibility that a 6'8 kid with a good frame can put on a little muscle over the next 3 years and use his elite shooting ability and solid IQ to be an great stretch 4? There are very obvious problems with the program right now. For whatever reason, you have a difficult time focusing on the actual problems and instead pick on promising factors to potential future success.

Reaction Score
I think Vance can play the 4 next year for long stretches with Terry @ 3

Be interesting with the rotation with so many players @ 4-5

In an ideal world, Terry will play the 3/4, Vance will play the 4 and one of the bigs will prove to be a very good rebounder who can hold down the 5. I wish that we landed another big guard who could play the 3, not even specifically Hami, I really wanted that shooter who went to ND.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom