I think we forget... | The Boneyard

I think we forget...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

That Rodney purvis will be eligible for 2014 with d-ham. I can't wait, we have an unbelievable amount of talent and it's still early for the recruiting class.

Reaction Score
We're all set on the wing. Give me Kaleb Joseph, Abu, and Chukwu/Goodluck and we'll have our 4th NC in no time at all. Really hope we can get these local talents.

Reaction Score
We're all set on the wing. Give me Kaleb Joseph, Abu, and Chukwu/Goodluck and we'll have our 4th NC in no time at all. Really hope we can get these local talents.

i like perkins over Kaleb Joseph, but not sure he will leave the west coast

Reaction Score
The guys that put the biscuit in the basket are the "stars" of the team. We already have two guys capable of doing that joining the program in 2014. I'm hoping we land another potential star, but I think we'd still have a great recruiting class if we sign solid role players.

Reaction Score
A point and a bench is key. Love a big time center also. But I am greedy

pj

Reaction Score
We're not set on the wing. For Ollie the 2, 3, 4 can be almost interchangeable on offense and as long as they are long and at least one is strong and has a good frame, you can defend at the college level. Heck, Deandre Daniels is a stringbean and he has defended the 4 for us. Then you want players to play 25-33 minutes, not 40, so you need 4 players for those 3 spots. Purvis is going to get time at the 1. So we have D Ham, Omar Calhoun, and maybe a part time Purvis -- there is a need for at least one more wing and also for a PF who can play on the perimeter like Abu.

I agree PG is the biggest need though, and a big man, then wing. If we can get Abu I'm OK with waiting till 2015 for a center.

Reaction Score
I think our roster is in pretty good shape for this year, and then for 2014 it's just a matter of finding replacements. I'm assuming Boat and DD are gone, as well as Bazz, Giff, TO, and Kromah (almost forgot about him). Let's look at this in terms of roles. 2013 on the left, 2014 on the right.

Starters
Primary ballhandler: Bazz --> Perkins???
Scoring PG: Boat --> Purvis
Wing: OC --> OC
Forward: DD --> Abu/Black/Robinson???

Bench
Backup PG: Samuel --> Samuel
Backup 2G: Kromah --> ??
6th man Wing: Giff --> Hamilton
Benchwarmer: Tolks --> Tolks

Based on that, I'd say "needs" are a PG and a PF, while a C falls under "would be nice, but isn't strictly necessary". Another small wing is simply a luxury at this point.

D

Deleted member 3149

You had 666 likes so I had to give you another one. You're welcome.

U

UCONNfan1

^^^ thanks.
What the hell is 590 points
They are trophy points. you get 500 when enough people give you enough likes, then random other amounts for other things (one is for being a "used member"). That part sounds like something no one wants any part of...
  1. 500
    Awarded: Nov 7, 2011
    People like you
  2. 10
    Awarded: Sep 9, 2011

3. 50
  4. 30
    Used Member

Reaction Score
Key is getting him to visit, think that makes a difference many times-like Ben and the cows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom