I sort of remember something like this happening | The Boneyard

I sort of remember something like this happening

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
to the Lady Vols some time back. Their point guard (Kelly jolly, I think) was out for much of the season, and they lost ten games. But then they came back to win the NC. So reports of the Huskies demise (to quote ol Sam Clemons) are greatly exaggerated.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yes, I remember that. I'm not 100% certain the Jolly injury year and 10 loss year were the same (I'm guessing they probably were, I just can't confirm that).

I also remember the NCAA loss by Stanford to #16 seed Harvard due to the injury of 2 Stanford players within the prior week or so.

Reaction Score
It was the 1996-97 season and Tennessee was 29-10. Laurie Milligan and Kellie Jolly had taken turns at point guard, but Jolly went down with an ACL injury early in the season. She had a quick recovery and was back at the end of the season, as Milligan went down with a knee injury. Jolly 'severely sprained her ankle in the second game of the NCAA tournament, but came back to play in the next game. They defeated UCONN in the regional final and won the championship. Chamique Holdsclaw was the star for that team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom