I really hate the scoreboard in the XL Center | The Boneyard

I really hate the scoreboard in the XL Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who designed the scoreboard in the XL Center? It was obviously not anyone who has any knowledge of basketball. It seems their only concern was advertisement. Can't they show the stats of all 5 players on the floor at once. Instead they scroll through showing 2 players stats at a time. By the time you see the player's stats that you're interested in, two scoring opportunities on the floor have passed. The scoreboard and stat boards in Gampel are lightyears better.

Any while I'm complaining, can't they vent the grill areas better. There is a stink of stale, cooked grease throughout the concourse. It was there last year and still there this year. Hey XL get better vents!!!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any while I'm complaining, can't they vent the grill areas better. There is a stink of stale, cooked grease throughout the concourse. It was there last year and still there this year. Hey XL get better vents!!!!
That's crazy. I noticed that last season but have been there a few times for other events since, including for Stevie Wonder a few weeks ago, and the grease smell was not present. I wonder what the difference is.

Reaction Score
Who designed the scoreboard in the XL Center? It was obviously not anyone who has any knowledge of basketball. It seems their only concern was advertisement. Can't they show the stats of all 5 players on the floor at once. Instead they scroll through showing 2 players stats at a time. By the time you see the player's stats that you're interested in, two scoring opportunities on the floor have passed. The scoreboard and stat boards in Gampel are lightyears better.

The scoreboards at XL and the Rent were apparently designed by the same person I suspect since they are both unreadable. I suspect that person is also not a sports fan as the statistics are hard to follow. Want to know how any fouls someone has? Just wait for the scoreboard to rotate through the players, and miss all the action in the meantime. UGH!

Reaction Score
The XL scoreboard is the worst one I've ever seen in any venue. Can't understand what they were thinking wasting their money on that thing.

Reaction Score

The grease smell is way, way, way worse than the scoreboard -- and the scoreboard is pretty bad.

Reaction Score
I was going to create a post on the same exact topic. It is hands down the worst score board I have ever seen. Add to that, the XL Center is the worst venue as far as trying to find any sort of individual stats. I thought they used to have some 5 player stats at least on the corner scoreboards. But that no longer seems to be the case. As someone pointed out, by the time you see the stats for a specific player, you miss half the action on the floor. XL Center is one of the least fan friendly venues I've ever attended.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
11221282_10153259279039639_2256420686042939951_n.jpg

They liked it!

Reaction Score
It's not the scoreboard design it's just they way they have it programmed. In a perfect world they'd use the bottom screen for stats like every other venue in the country but this is the XL Center where fan convenience does not exist.

Reaction Score
The grease smell is way, way, way worse than the scoreboard -- and the scoreboard is pretty bad.
I mentioned this last year. The grease vents out above the fryers directly at the line of customers. Doesn't code require them to vent outdoors?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's not the scoreboard design it's just they way they have it programmed. In a perfect world they'd use the bottom screen for stats like every other venue in the country but this is the XL Center where fan convenience does not exist.

You're talking about a place that had the bonus/penalty lights between the main board and the corners misaligned for about 15 years. It might still be misaligned - i haven't checked in a while.

Reaction Score
I like the pergo in the men's room. We're practically holding each other's peckers in there because it's so cramped, but at least we have hardwood floors.

Reaction Score
I like the pergo in the men's room. We're practically holding each other's peckers in there because it's so cramped, but at least we have hardwood floors.

Peeing on wood is a hobby of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01