I need to look up the word indomitable | The Boneyard

I need to look up the word indomitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
classic coach speak!!
“Nobody quit. (Thats in the eye of the beholder on Saturday, on Wednesday 2 men, with love and care, quit.)There was more leadership. More players leading the right way, saying the right things. There was an indomitable (unconquerable) look on their face.”

Really...24 - zip at the half, you went into the locker room and they had an indomitable look on their face? Sure you are confusing that word with another word Bob?

And Whaler thinks I have cat posters...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Noel Thomas, Ron Johnson, Arkeel Newsome, Ryan Crozier and Josh Mariner were among the underclassmen to play a majority of the game. In fact, the Huskies played mostly underclassmen this game, as Deshon Foxx, Geremy Davis and Ruben Frank were the only UConn seniors to start.

Really, where do they gather to make some of this stuff up - Arkeel had 0 carriers according to the box score - but he was among the underlclassmen to play a majority of the game...

Reaction Score
Was this section written by Baghdad Bob or Pravda?

While Diaco is open about the Huskies less than ideal record, the team has grown exponentially. There have been several moments of promise throughout this season and there are more moments of success to come. The team’s culture is stronger than ever and their love of the game and determination to continue to do well is evident. With the strong foundation Diaco has created, the team is ready for any challenges ahead.

Reaction Score
Noel Thomas, Ron Johnson, Arkeel Newsome, Ryan Crozier and Josh Mariner were among the underclassmen to play a majority of the game. In fact, the Huskies played mostly underclassmen this game, as Deshon Foxx, Geremy Davis and Ruben Frank were the only UConn seniors to start.

Really, where do they gather to make some of this stuff up - Arkeel had 0 carriers according to the box score - but he was among the underlclassmen to play a majority of the game...

How many kick returns did Arkeel have? I lost count w/ all the scoring. 5 0r 6 Probably had as many touches as the majority of the receivers did.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
How many kick returns did Arkeel have? I lost count w/ all the scoring. 5 0r 6 Probably had as many touches as the majority of the receivers did.

sarcasm I am assuming?
He had 5 returns -

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He also received a mild bronx cheer when he knelt down a kickoff for a touchback. That came on the return following a hesitated decision to run it out of the end zone, only to get pummeled by 5-6 Bearcats at our own 10 yard line.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Career (United Kingdom)
70px-Naval_Ensign_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Class and type:Illustrious-class aircraft carrier
Name:HMS Indomitable
Ordered:6 July 1937
Builder:Vickers-Armstrong, Barrow-in-Furness
Laid down:10 November 1937
Launched:26 March 1940
Commissioned:10 October 1941
Fate:Sold for scrap in 1955

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

While Diaco is open about the Huskies less than ideal record, the team has grown exponentially. There have been several moments of promise throughout this season and there are more moments of success to come. The team’s culture is stronger than ever and their love of the game and determination to continue to do well is evident. With the strong foundation Diaco has created, the team is ready for any challenges ahead.

Presented with that section alone, my honest to god guess would have been that this was a transcript of the North Korea State News describing their basketball team.

Reaction Score
This team fights and has fought, for as much as I've watched. I disagree with those that have said the effort wasn't there. They played bad, terrible football, but I didn't see the partial effort, but I did leave after they gave up the first TD of the second half. I'll force myself to the DVR later tonight, just to see if it did look noticeably different late, but it's much easier to tell about effort, when you are actually in the stadium.

I'm not sure if they could fight their way out of a paper bag, but they do fight.

Reaction Score

Measuring progress and reinforcing positive progress, is a hallmark characteristic of effective leaders. Diaco is strong here, in this respect. He's got much weaker areas, in my opinion, when it comes to identified common bonds between effective leaders.

Here's an idea - how about realizing the simple aspect that cash paying fans, don't really care too much about body fat % improvement, and the improvement in the culture of the program, in the past 11 months, when you are losing games in the fashion we are losing them. In fact, most cash paying fans, are going to get very annoyed, hearing about that stuff, when we are losing games the way we are losing.

We didn't get shut out by Cincinnati 41-0 because the players fat and out of shape and had bad attitudes in January, Coach Bobby.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
He says stuff like this and people actually think he isn't being given a fair shake?

I don't get the fascination with press conferences.

He has to win on the field. I don't care how nutty he sounds.

Reaction Score
I don't get the fascination with press conferences.

He has to win on the field. I don't care how nutty he sounds.

When you don't win, and you sound nutty, then the nuttiness is amplified. If he wins, then he is a mad scientist, if he loses then he is insane.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
When you don't win, and you sound nutty, then the nuttiness is amplified. If he wins, then he is a mad scientist, if he loses then he is insane.

Exactly. I have a problem with losing 41-0 at home.

His press conference is fine by me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
in·dom·i·ta·ble
inˈdämədəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: indomitable
  1. impossible to subdue or defeat.
    "a woman of indomitable spirit"
    synonyms:invincible, unconquerable, unbeatable, unassailable, invulnerable, unshakable, unsinkable;
    antonyms:submissive

Mmm I think the word coach is looking for is:

in·tol·er·a·ble
ˌinˈtäl(ə)rəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: intolerable
  1. unable to be endured.
    "the results on the field have been intolerable"

synonyms:
    unbearable, insufferable, unsupportable, insupportable, unendurable, beyond endurance, too much to bear;
    unacceptable;
    informal too much​

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Exactly. I have a problem with losing 41-0 at home.

His press conference is fine by me.
The problem is he comes across as being fine with losing 41-0 at home.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
The problem is he comes across as being fine with losing 41-0 at home.

I don't care if he comes across sounding fine. Or pissed. Or crazy, just that he wins.

If all it took was for a coach to sound pissed in a press conference, tons of fired guys wouldn't be fired.

Diaco has to win next year. Not sound pissed if he doesn't. Or sound happy if he doesn't.

Just win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99