I Missed The Grieving Process | The Boneyard

I Missed The Grieving Process

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Been incommunicado - no TV, No internet, no newspapers, no nothing. Brief internet contact Sunday morning gave me news of the loss, then internet disappeared. My immediate reaction was a pang, followed by relief. I was sick of every story starting about the streak. The monkey is off everyone's back and we can get about fandom and team appreciation without the burden. I suspect this is echoing lots of posts here. Getting to the Final 4 was great. This team has written history and will continue to write Husky history. Now I'll get about the business of catching up. In an OT I may tell you all of our Chevy Chase Half Marathon at Zion Nat'l Park, Utah. The marathon from hell!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Welcome back. The grieving process continues mainly for those who had unrealistic expectations for this team to begin with.
Have you heard?
Diamond & Mercedes are staying at TN
Davis and Gray are leaving SC
Slocum transferring from Maryland

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not a lot of grieving, much more celebration of an amazing year!
Yep. It's tough to grieve about being a final four team. It was a good year by a young team who hid their flaws nearly the full season. Next year, the lack of height in the post is corrected and we've got a UConn woman's basketball team with a chip on its shoulder. I like our chances.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not a lot of grieving But I've been getting a lot of, "Hey, UConn fan, what happened to your team?", and a few, "Ha-ha, you guys lost" stuff. Because of UConn so many people who never gave a whit about WCBB were suddenly aware. Just before the FF when I'd mention WCBB a couple of people mentioned either "UConn: A March To Madness" or Gabby Williams. If anyone thought UConn was bad for WCBB it seems they've been proven wrong.

Frankly for me it wasn't the destination, but the journey that was such a ride.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been incommunicado - no TV, No internet, no newspapers, no nothing. Brief internet contact Sunday morning gave me news of the loss, then internet disappeared. My immediate reaction was a pang, followed by relief. I was sick of every story starting about the streak. The monkey is off everyone's back and we can get about fandom and team appreciation without the burden. I suspect this is echoing lots of posts here. Getting to the Final 4 was great. This team has written history and will continue to write Husky history. Now I'll get about the business of catching up. In an OT I may tell you all of our Chevy Chase Half Marathon at Zion Nat'l Park, Utah. The marathon from hell!
How could you, when we needed you the most.:(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Welcome back. The grieving process continues mainly for those who had unrealistic expectations for this team to begin with.
Have you heard?
Diamond & Mercedes are staying at TN
Davis and Gray are leaving SC
Slocum transferring from Maryland

Holy Moly Batman! Slocum the shocker, with DD close second.

Reaction Score
For a lot of us I don't think it was unrealistic expectations, but rather the unexpected success through the year gave us ever-increasing hopes. And then the bubble burst....:(.

I certainly never expected them to go undefeated into the Final Four. But when they kept winning and winning, No. 12 started to seem so much more possible. Alas, 'twas not to be.

Reaction Score
I didn't grieve at all. I felt bad for the team, but when William hit the buzzer beater I turned off the TV and said - oh well. It was a great season and they exceeded my expectations. And I am SO glad the streak has ended. Time to start fresh and look ahead; not back.

I'm thinking of going to Zion next March - do tell!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Your program wins 11 titles... 4 in a row... and there is grieving over one loss?

jimross.gif

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Been incommunicado - no TV, No internet, no newspapers, no nothing. Brief internet contact Sunday morning gave me news of the loss, then internet disappeared.

Reaction Score

I can't/won't speak for any one other than me---No grieving process--it wasn't the streak---I doubt the streak was much except some fans and the media--yes the kids knew about it--Geno was happy with it--but to me every game is part of a streak---2--or 5--or 10 or 111
We knew it would end--the balloon didn't pop---it fizzled.
Miss st won (in case you didn't hear)--it wasn't pretty--most of the kids gave their best--nuff said. So who will start next year???
The annual question after the NC games--with exactly the same meaning to this coming season--you guessed it..
We've had 2 nice posting one about Batuloy and the other about Azura---nice, read them. They those that went for the draft and those hoards that are tranferring. now you are up to date.

Reaction Score
Not a lot of grieving But I've been getting a lot of, "Hey, UConn fan, what happened to your team?", and a few, "Ha-ha, you guys lost" stuff. Because of UConn so many people who never gave a whit about WCBB were suddenly aware. Just before the FF when I'd mention WCBB a couple of people mentioned either "UConn: A March To Madness" or Gabby Williams. If anyone thought UConn was bad for WCBB it seems they've been proven wrong.

Frankly for me it wasn't the destination, but the journey that was such a ride.

I don't get much ---glee for Uconn's loss---some what happened---I wear my Uconn Women Sweat shirt every where all the time---cats follow me --what can I say.
WBB fans are mostly gracious--there are jerks everywhere--I ignore them ---Gabby earned the AA and Tourney first team (and much more)---
I went this year, as most every year---enjoying the wipeouts--and wondering if we'd losed to Baylor, ND, Tx, Depaul, USC, and breathing a sigh of relief when Uconn won (please note: we'd lose Uconn wins) but it as a glorious year so much more than
the expectations of the experts!!

Reaction Score
Did you go up Walter's Wiggles to Angels Landing? What a spectacular park- hope you enjoyed despite the "hell".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did you go up Walter's Wiggles to Angels Landing? What a spectacular park- hope you enjoyed despite the "hell".

High water would not allow, though we walked to the base. A ranger told me they are about to confirm a nesting pair of California Condors and will set up a viewing station. Even now the traffic has choked the park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom