I love turtles! | The Boneyard

I love turtles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Terps beating NC with the 4th or 5th string QB in there. I can't remember which. Just scored two touchdowns in 17 seconds. NC fumbles KO, and MD recovers. 13 seconds in the half, MD with no TO's. Throws catch and run TD pass. Gotta love that team. Lots of heart, and lots of great athletes.

Reaction Score
We do need to beat them next year too. I hope you are aware of that.

Reaction Score
We do need to beat them next year too. I hope you are aware of that.
Yep. I'll be there. But whether we win or lose isn't going to have very much to do with me. Or you. Or the Boneyard. And don't plan too hard on winning that big boy next year.

Reaction Score
Turtles lose again. Gave up 45 points today. Did their injuries at QB contribute to that as well?

Reaction Score
I follow Maryland quite a bit, I try to go to at least one game a year. I have never seen a team so decimated at qb. They are on to their 5th qb due to injury. A true frosh who played defense until called upon. He was an option qb in high school.

Not sure if Edsall gets a third year, but whoever takes over gets some good young talent.

Reaction Score
He should get a third year. He is trying to do things right and he isn't terrible, but anyone who watched him at UConn and thought he was going to be an improvement over Fridge was smoking crack.

Reaction Score
He should get a third year. He is trying to do things right and he isn't terrible, but anyone who watched him at UConn and thought he was going to be an improvement over Fridge was smoking crack.

I agree he deserves a third year, but the Maryland fans I talk to aren't as enthusiastic. Fridge was a shot in the arm for MD, I went there during the Duffner/Vanderlinden years, and they were mediocre at best. Friedgen comes over and has immediate success. The problem with Maryland is they didn't understand the stark differences between Fridge and Edsall from a team management standpoint. Edsall is no nonsense, and has some rules he expects players to follow. Fridge, not so much. So when Edsall came over, many players didn't like the discipline. Many left, and many stayed an cause locker room problems. It doesn't help when the incumbent qb is the purported ringleader. (He subsequently left the team to the chagrin of many MD fans, only to benched at Wisconsin).

BEcause of the departures, and some pretty tough injuries, the depth is non existent right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom