I love Danny, but…. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I love Danny, but….

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
In many cases I would agree that DH should have ignored it but this case is a bit different. Their fan's (especially when it comes to us) are absolute a**wipes (a saw a social media clip yesterday of a 60+ year old yelling at every UConn fan around after the game) and have crossed the line more than once with his family.
So tell freaking security. You really think our coach should have a fist fight with a sheet faced fan? Really? There are ways to handle things and ways not to handle things. Either ignore the jerk or tell the security people to take the guy away and publicize it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I love the "Don't take chit attitude". .He is not a librarian, he is a basketball coach who has to hear vulgarities about his wife.
Is there anything lower than a Providence men's basketball fan? Don't think so.
So fng what. Did the guy punch him? So many macho guys on the BY. You think he could fist fight a fan and not be suspended or worse.

Reaction Score
He meant that the person would get hurt by the security guard not by him. That's how I see it.
i saw It the same way.,,he motioned to the security guard. He wasn’t saying he would personally hurt anyone.

Reaction Score
As someone said previously, opposing fans now know they can get under his skin and get a reaction out of him. This could lead to further escalation and situations where bad things happen.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So tell freaking security. You really think our coach should have a fist fight with a sheet faced fan? Really? There are ways to handle things and ways not to handle things. Either ignore the jerk or tell the security people to take the guy away and publicize it.
You believe that there is any chance in hell that it would have turned into a fistfight? Really?

Reaction Score
A fist fight?

Oh cool, you're one of those words are violence people.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So fng what. Did the guy punch him? So many macho guys on the BY. You think he could fist fight a fan and not be suspended or worse.This is an edited version of events. Very likely he's was being challenged to a fight by the fan and Hurley was pointing to the security guards implying they would hurt him. I'd like to see multiple camera angles and not some isolated shots. Too many agendas.

This is an edited version of events. Very likely Hurley was being challenged to a fight by the fan and after his statement Hurley was pointing to the security guards implying they would hurt him. I'd like to see multiple camera angles and not some isolated shots. Too many agendas.

What I find interesting is that there seems to be an escalation in your own anger. Very easy to happen when people behave like animals and we get caught up in that behavior.

Things can escalate pretty quickly so it is best to avoid instigating or inflaming situations that can get out of control quickly. I can type this calmly at my desk isolated from events. But if some dude spit on my wife I wouldn't hesitate to rip his ... JK. Or am I.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A fist fight?

Oh cool, you're one of those words are violence people.
When did you become such a jerk? Hurley was motioning him to come on. Exactly. Words are not violence. Just walk away or tell the security people. They weren’t in some parking lot.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is an edited version of events. Very likely Hurley was being challenged to a fight by the fan and after his statement Hurley was pointing to the security guards implying they would hurt him. I'd like to see multiple camera angles and not some isolated shots. Too many agendas.

What I find interesting is that there seems to be an escalation in your own anger. Very easy to happen when people behave like animals and we get caught up in that behavior.

Things can escalate pretty quickly so it is best to avoid instigating or inflaming situations that can get out of control quickly. I can type this calmly at my desk isolated from events. But if some dude spit on my wife I wouldn't hesitate to rip his ... JK. Or am I.
I’m not angry at all. Dumbfounded by how many people here haven’t the faintest interest or idea about de-escalating. If the jerks were mouthing off about fighting him, all the more reason for him not to make a come on motion.

Reaction Score
When did you become such a jerk? Hurley was motioning him to come on. Exactly. Words are not violence. Just walk away or tell the security people. They weren’t in some parking lot.
They weren’t in some parking lot exactly, he’s in a safe in environment and he got his kids off the floor.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
About the 1:45 mark Rip makes an appearance. What a brawl! Testosterone at it's best.
Malice at the Palace. There's a good Netflix documentary about it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is nowhere close to requiring this level of hand wringing. The guy ran his rhetorical face into Hurley's rhetorical fist at a full run. The only thing to do is enjoy the schadenfreude.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
fIf I was a fan of another team, yes I would hate Hurley too. There's a fine line on these displays and so far Danny hasn't gone over the edge with it. He's a psycho, but he's our psycho and we love him because of it.
I think almost all of his ire is aimed at refs (with good reason a lot of the time). Agree his responses are only egging some idiots on. Although when you start messing with a lady who is the man's wife you are WAY OUT OF BOUNDs and asking for it. No coaches wife or any other woman deserves that. If your going to be jerk find a man to pick on.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a tough son of a gun. I said that as nicely as I could.

Reaction Score

I can tell you for a fact as a witness that’s exactly what happened a Providence fan in his 60s was yelling obscenities at Hurley couldn’t hear it from where I was but easily dude the guy was all liquored up.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You believe that there is any chance in hell that it would have turned into a fistfight? Really?
No. But Danny looked like a fool
motioning the guy to come on. Seriously, the right move was to drop the rabbit ears and walk away and/or call security. That simple.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Disagree. I would greatly enjoy seeing Hurley put a whoopin' on a fan of any team.
It would be profoundly embarrassing for the school, players, fans, and most importantly Dan, if he beat the piss out of some loser calling him names. This is a very unserious suggestion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've read it on opposing boards... JC yelling at opposing fans. Which probably isn't the evidence you are looking for. Maybe it's b.s, but knowing the type of personality JC is, I had a hard time not believing it.
Lol, well if you read it on opposing basketball boards...

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
You know things are going good when this a topic on the board. In terms of issues I would worry about, this would be like 11,273th most important on a list

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe right before he retires, Hurley can explore his inner Ron Artest on peecee fan:

Man Jackson really clocks that guy who threw a beer on Artest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom