I like KY tonight against Baylor | Page 7 | The Boneyard

I like KY tonight against Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Too many missed lay ups. Not enough scoring. Gotta lower the rims...:rolleyes:
Too bad they both couldn't lose, but I preferred KY because I like Matt.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Sims had 6 turnovers in her first 6 games. She had 8 in her 7th.

easttexastrash said:
She sucks!

Yeah, um ETT I know that was a tough loss in a game where the reserves played their hearts out and that Sims had an overall incredible game in keeping her team in there and even up toward the end.

But simply put, she had 6 turnovers in her first 6 games, and in a wild fracas against a press-crazy KY team she more than doubled her TOs for the season. Hell, Stef had only 5 rebounds on Thursday after getting 95 in her first 9 games. That doesn't mean I think she bites lemons, only that game circumstances led to her getting only 5 rebounds. Game circumstances for Baylor in their first 6 games led to Sims averaging 1 TO a game, and then along came KY and her average is now up to 2 a game. As my then 1-year-old daughter used to say eons ago, "Bappens."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am not looking for negatives after that game. Sims had an incredible performance and I'll take what she did any day of the year. IMO, she will be the POY at the end of the season. Her TOs were higher than usual but I can live with that as the Baylor plan was to push tempo.

I am thrilled that this young team showed a lot of toughness in competing against a "legit" FF contender. I feel confident that Sims could drop 40 on UK in any game. I don't think that O'Neil will ever repeat her performance. My money is on Baylor in a rematch.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I was impressed that Baylor lasted as long as they did, but I wasn't impressed with either team's defense. Sims is a great player and can get to the basket, but there was absolutely no help defense. (For either team, really)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was impressed that Baylor lasted as long as they did, but I wasn't impressed with either team's defense. Sims is a great player and can get to the basket, but there was absolutely no help defense. (For either team, really)

Should be fun to watch Sims go up against the UCONN guards. Sims will have to use the floater a lot as the UCONN bigs will prevent her from getting to the rim.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
How could you not be impressed with the defense in a 133-130 game? Another very astute observation.
And one more snark.

It was a high scoring game, but that was the equivalent of 1 1/2 games. 90-90 in regulation.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Classy. Way to come to a UConn fan board and make fun of our fans, really representing your university well.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, I actually defended Sims in a post a while back, but I'm over it. I've lived in Texas most of my life, and have always hated Baylor. A high school teammate of mine played for Mulkey for two years and has told me horror stories.

Reaction Score
Really? You are going to take every comment to heart and make a snarky comment?

All Dobbs did was note an interesting stat.

When Stef commited 8 turnovers the Boneyard came to her defense. So when he defends Simms you take it as a snarky comment.
Double standards?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
:)

Not on our part!

Honey, you are obviously over the top anti Mulkey and your dislike for Baylor shows in your posts. If you don't want to take a little heat for your comments maybe you should consider the snarkiness of your posts.

I'm sure nobody cares to watch you and me have a public war. PM me if you feel the need.

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's a UConn board. I don't expect to take heat from Baylor posters over my dislike of Baylor on a UCONN BOARD. Please don't call me honey.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Too bad they both couldn't lose, but I preferred KY because I like Matt.

I don't know, Sonny: tough for me to root for KM(R), given her abuse of pleather and animal print, (not t mention her mastery of the southern lady "hissy fit"), but tough for me to root for MM. Part of it is, I was raised in Louisville, so there's that whole UL v. UK thing. Part of it is, I don't think the whole 40-minutes-of-dread thing has lived up to its' billing. And part of it is, his hair screams Brylcreem abuse. Just can't quite warm up to him.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Honey, you are obviously over the top anti Mulkey and your dislike for Baylor shows in your posts. If you don't want to take a little heat for your comments maybe you should consider the snarkiness of your posts.

I'm sure nobody cares to watch you and me have a public war. PM me if you feel the need.
Well you are right about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc