I Know We have this question all the time but… | The Boneyard

I Know We have this question all the time but…

Reaction Score
Since the Big East decided to put the Premier number one team, that’s going to generate the highest ratings on at the dumb time of noon on a weekday when most normal humans work , do I have to go to the FoxSports app on my device to watch it? Other options?

Reaction Score
Shows just how long it's been since we've been this 1 seed. This time isn't new, and it is set up that way so that the 1 seed has the longest possible time to rest between their first game and the championship game.

Reaction Score
I have a meeting from 12-4 where for some reason the boss has decided to put me on a team of 4 people makig a 2 million $ decision (they're an idiot, have you met me?).

So I'm obviously not going. Any good ideas for how to fake sick? Diarrhea? Puke? Dead grandfather?

Reaction Score
I am teaching a new math concept to Freshman today. I will have the game on so those kids might not get the best instruction today during the game, but thats ok. Who needs factoring anyways!!!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I sign into my YouTube TV at the office and run it on one of my screens with the sound off.

Reaction Score
I kno the 1 seed historically plays at noon even going back to the days of kembas ankle breaker vs Pitt. Just weird how’s they wouldn’t wait for the matchups to come out and then decide who to put on at what times. This wud maximize tv ratings. Why must the 1 seed always play at noon? That means your feature team of the conference nobody gets to watch. Weird. Ok I’m done ranting. Just annoyed that it’s on at that time

Reaction Score
I am teaching a new math concept to Freshman today. I will have the game on so those kids might not get the best instruction today during the game, but thats ok. Who needs factoring anyways!!!

I spent my day yesterday waving my arms and complaining that Algebra 1 isn't a high school course and it should be considered remedial instruction for freshman, even if it's most freshman. Today we have to decide if the K-8 reading curriculum is worth keeping (it's terrible).

This is all assuming no students get arrested, fight, or run off before noon. So 50/50 shot.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I kno the 1 seed historically plays at noon even going back to the days of kembas ankle breaker vs Pitt. Just weird how’s they wouldn’t wait for the matchups to come out and then decide who to put on at what times. This wud maximize tv ratings. Why must the 1 seed always play at noon? That means your feature team of the conference nobody gets to watch. Weird. Ok I’m done ranting. Just annoyed that it’s on at that time
I think it is so the rest periods between games are similiar. So no teams get a competitive advantage. Like if Villanova had to play today against Marquette at noon they would have 12 hours rest between games. As it is I think we get Xavier with the fewest hours of rest compared to any other team (Marquette/Creighton) who play a team today that did not play yesterday.

Reaction Score
Because presumably the 1/8 game is the biggest talent disparity and most likely to be a blowout

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Because presumably the 1/8 game is the biggest talent disparity and most likely to be a blowout
If that was the answer then why would the 4/5 game be played at 2:30pm since for viewers that is just as bad as noon? That game should be prime time it being St Johns and all as far as fan perspective. With UConn and St Johns both finished playing before people get out of work tonight’s game will not have the same level of excitement and potentially smaller crowds or just very drunk fans from the teams that won the first two games.

Reaction Score
I have a meeting from 12-4 where for some reason the boss has decided to put me on a team of 4 people makig a 2 million $ decision (they're an idiot, have you met me?).

So I'm obviously not going. Any good ideas for how to fake sick? Diarrhea? Puke? Dead grandfather?
Norovirus

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

half baked GIF

Reaction Score
Plus it maximizes rest for the 1 throughout the tournament. Theoretically the 1 and 2 will meet in the championship game. The 1 has the advantage of being the early slot Thursday and Friday.
If that was the answer then why wouldn’t the 4/5 game be played at 2:30pm since for viewers that is just as bad as noon?
The 4/5 is at 2:30. Winners of 1/8 and 4/5 play the early game tomorrow. That is why they are first

Reaction Score
That game is least likely to be competitive

Reaction Score
You're acting like this is very simple, but it's actually a pain logistically to do that and maintain equality with team's rest. You're not even guaranteed a ratings boost anyway because if the 1 vs 8/9 is a blowout there are 6 other conference tournament games you can watch instead.

Puparoni

Woof!
Reaction Score
Since the Big East decided to put the Premier number one team, that’s going to generate the highest ratings on at the dumb time of noon on a weekday when most normal humans work , do I have to go to the FoxSports app on my device to watch it? Other options?
Brought my iPad and will watch on YouTube TV at the office.

Reaction Score

If you WFH, you’re having WiFi issues.

If you have a kid, your kid threw up at school and you need to pick them up and bring them to the Dr.

Middle ear infection. Stomach bug with throwing up/possible food poisoning. Elderly family member emergency.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Game at noon gives more time to rest between games.
exactly, it's a significant advantage ergo why the top team plays early, then the 2nd seed etc.

Reaction Score
This got me worried for a second, I thought the OP meant that the game was not on FS1 like the other games. It is on FS1.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Call in drunk. They will understand and they will definitely not want you in the meeting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom