I have an unsettling feeling of calm about this game | The Boneyard

I have an unsettling feeling of calm about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't know why, but I haven't felt this confident about a game all season. From what I've seen and read of the team from Sunday through today I just get the sense that they are on it, and I haven't felt that way all season.

Of course, this probably means that we're doomed, but I think we win this one going away.

Ok, now I'm worried that I'm not worried.

Reaction Score
I don't know why, but I haven't felt this confident about a game all season. From what I've seen and read of the team from Sunday through today I just get the sense that they are on it, and I haven't felt that way all season.

Of course, this probably means that we're doomed, but I think we win this one going away.

I'm terrified so maybe we cancel each other out.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I felt it before the Cincy game and things worked out just fine

Reaction Score
I can't see this UConn team bowing out in the 1st round. No disrespect towards St. Joe's, but they aren't Louisville, and, they haven't played anyways near the schedule UConn has.
I see a 10 point win here.

Reaction Score
I'll always have a base level of tournament uneasiness, but I don't think this is a year when we bow out in the first round.

I like our draw. There aren't any games where we look to be straight up overmatched until (potentially) the elite 8 or final four.

That's not to say we'll necessarily make it that far, but we have the talent to.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This doesn't hurt. Looks like DD is motivated.

DeAndre Daniels ‏@D_Daniels2 1h
And the road begins. Your whole demeanor changes once you see that NCAA logo Connecticut on your jersey

Nice to hear, but I would have preferred it with my revision. Better late than never I suppose though.

Reaction Score
We need DeAndre to pound the ball so hard into the front of the rim this game that it shatters the backboard, of the opposite hoop.

Reaction Score
I miss the years where we didn't have to worry about a serious challenge until the Sweet 16.

Remember 2009? I think we won our first round game by 60 and our second round game by 30.

Reaction Score
I miss the years where we didn't have to worry about a serious challenge until the Sweet 16.

Remember 2009? I think we won our first round game by 60 and our second round game by 30.
How do you know we won't win by 60 today?:rolleyes:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Even then I remember some of the "experts" saying UConn would get upset by Purdue ..... You just have to go out there
and play to prove them wrong.

Reaction Score

Even when we were #1 or very high seeds I've always felt nervous about the 2nd round game, I was legitimately worried about Texas A&M going into that game even though it was a blowout because they had destroyed BYU in the 8/9 matchup. They've had some challenges/losses in the 2nd when they've been 1&2.

Reaction Score

If there weren't so many doubters in the media calling us ripe for an upset, would you be worried about a matchup with St. Joseph's today? There was a time this season where I would be, but that was back in December.

This team has proven their toughness, they're not gonna go out there today and lay an egg.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Confident, but not cocky. If the Huskies play their game, any anybody is warm from outside, they should win.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Even then I remember some of the "experts" saying UConn would get upset by Purdue ..... You just have to go out there
and play to prove them wrong.
Seth Davis was talking up Chattanooga that year. Didn't predict a win, but thought we would struggle.
We didn't.

Reaction Score
That's a fair point (sorry, not hitting "reply" to 3 of you in one post). Even as a #1/#2 seed that we were accustomed to getting from 1994-2009, the second round game is usually somewhat competitive.

The first round game, though, was usually a kick up your feet and enjoy the show sort of affair -- except, I suppose in 2005 and 2006 where we were threatened in the second half by a 15 and a 16 seed (that group of individuals was not the most focused).

Either way, I'd rather be facing Cal Poly than St. Joe's today.

Reaction Score
If there weren't so many doubters in the media calling us ripe for an upset, would you be worried about a matchup with St. Joseph's today? There was a time this season where I would be, but that was back in December.

This team has proven their toughness, they're not gonna go out there today and lay an egg.

Lay an egg? No.

But a 7/10 game is going to be more competitive than a 2/15 game, for example. In fact, not that many people consider a 10 over a 7 an upset, it happens so frequently (something like 40% of the time). It's not about us, it's about the quality of opponent that we get by virtue of being a crappier seed.

Reaction Score
They're battle tested, they're hungry (they better be, especially after being blackballed from ANY postseason play last year). They'll be fine as long as they play UConn basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom