I have a new name for Katie Lou | The Boneyard

I have a new name for Katie Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we should call her THE ZONEBUSTER.

As it is well known that the "Achilles heel" of any zone defense is the outside shot generally, and three-point shot in particular, having her in the game against a team playing zone will ensure one of two outcomes:
a. The other team abandons the zone or
b. Katie Lou demolishes them

She is, for the record, 29-61 for the season, or 47.5%; 78-198 last season for 39.4%, making her for her career at UConn 107-259 or 41.3%. Which means she is (dare I say it) within reason to compete against Kaleena Mosquera-Lewis' mark of 398-890 for 44.7% for her career. KLS was one point better in her freshman year (Kaleena was 93 of 242 for 38.4%. She may not after all break Kaleena's mark, but the very fact that she is in the discussion is just mind boggling in my opinion.

Like I said, a zone buster. I think any team that tries to play a zone against us does so at their peril.

Reaction Score
I think we should call her THE ZONEBUSTER.

As it is well known that the "Achilles heel" of any zone defense is the outside shot generally, and three-point shot in particular, having her in the game against a team playing zone will ensure one of two outcomes:
a. The other team abandons the zone or
b. Katie Lou demolishes them

She is, for the record, 29-61 for the season, or 47.5%; 78-198 last season for 39.4%, making her for her career at UConn 107-259 or 41.3%. Which means she is (dare I say it) within reason to compete against Kaleena Mosquera-Lewis' mark of 398-890 for 44.7% for her career. KLS was one point better in her freshman year (Kaleena was 93 of 242 for 38.4%. She may not after all break Kaleena's mark, but the very fact that she is in the discussion is just mind boggling in my opinion.

Like I said, a zone buster. I think any team that tries to play a zone against us does so at their peril.
Not to denigrate your proposal, but I think this sells Lou a little short. She is developing her overall game very impressively and while there's no doubt she IS a zone buster, she is doing so much more.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If I had Biff's skills, I'd alter this pic to include Lou:

Ghostbuster-by-Blitzway-009.jpg

Reaction Score
Not to denigrate your proposal, but I think this sells Lou a little short. She is developing her overall game very impressively and while there's no doubt she IS a zone buster, she is doing so much more.
That's the burden of the 3 point shooter!! KML wasn't rated a good BB player just a shooter--but by her Jr year she was one of the better BB players, all around, and shot from everywhere on the floor.
Katie Lou as a Soph is a Basketball player, defends, rebounds, scores from anywhere--pick your poison --she'll score . She's a darn good guard, handles the ball dribbles extremely well---she is in a word----superb!! and geno thinks so too!!! He truly did get the best Samuelson sister!!

Reaction Score
Some KLS Stats

Samuelson is second in the AAC in scoring (19.1) and is the only player in the league to rank in the top 10 in field-goal percentage (10th at 49.5), free-throw percentage (seventh at 81.5), and 3-point shooting percentage (second at 50.). The Huntington Beach, California, native also ranks in the top 10 in assists (ninth at 3.1) and assist-to-turnover ratio (seventh at plus-1.3).

Reaction Score
Agreed that she will be a more rounded player than KML was. No knock on KML but KLS is taller and quicker than Kaleena. If she continues to work hard, she'll have an amazing career her that will rival some (or all) of the greats and we're seeing evidence that she's prepared to continue to WORK HARD!

Reaction Score
Some KLS Stats

Samuelson is second in the AAC in scoring (19.1) and is the only player in the league to rank in the top 10 in field-goal percentage (10th at 49.5), free-throw percentage (seventh at 81.5), and 3-point shooting percentage (second at 50.). The Huntington Beach, California, native also ranks in the top 10 in assists (ninth at 3.1) and assist-to-turnover ratio (seventh at plus-1.3).
I love her game and her willingness to diversify her game. She's been taking a beating but she's battling game after game, minute after minute!

Reaction Score
Agreed that she will be a more rounded player than KML was. No knock on KML but KLS is taller and quicker than Kaleena. If she continues to work hard, she'll have an amazing career her that will rival some (or all) of the greats and we're seeing evidence that she's prepared to continue to WORK HARD!

Remember KML her sophmore year? We were saying the same things about KML then as we are of KLS now. The only problem for KML was the injury jr. year. KLS is doing great!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have been bowled over by her "scoop shot" drives to the basket! She seems equally comfortable with either hand, and seems to take off from at least ten feet out and lay the ball up on the backboard with just enough english to take it into the center of the rim. That must have taken countless hours of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom