I had a dream last night that Uconn won it all | The Boneyard

I had a dream last night that Uconn won it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had a very vivid dream that Uconn won it all in the not so distant future. I am sure that when you are a dedicated fan of a team it is probably not unlikely to have dreams from time to time about your favorite team but it felt so vivid. I remember, sadly, that I missed the actual game because I was on a plane. Only a serious emergency would cause me to miss a game of that magnitude, like a sudden family death or something like that.

Any way, as soon as I got to a TV at the airport I had landed in I went to check on the final score of the game as it had just ended. The stadium was going nuts, as is the case whenever a championship game comes to a finish and I heard the announcer on the TV say "....and Uconn caps off perhaps their most improbable run yet with a win over Florida for their 5th championship." It was a close game too. I remember, upon waking up, the "5th championship" portion of the quote vibrating in my head which is why I do not think this is only a memory of the 2014 final four game. It was a very surreal dream and I think I remember Hurley being the coach in the dream. Not sure what year it was in my dream but if Uconn ever finds itself on the opposite side of a bracket from Florida I am taking one for the team so to speak and booking a plane trip ASAP!

Have you had any surreal, vivid sports dreams? Did it come true? Are you still waiting? BTW, is Florida supposed to be good this year? :)

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a similar dream I had in 2015. It was in February I believe, and despite the season being in the toilet by then, I still dreamt that we were playing (at that point still undefeated) Kentucky in the national championship game after beating UNLV and Pittsburgh at various points in the tournament. I woke up when Boatright made a 3 to give us our first lead at 41-39 early in the second half. At the time it gave me great hope we'd at least fight our way into the field.

It didn't come true.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
You heard it here first folks.

That said, it would be hard to have a more improbable run than 2014.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I dreamt that I saw Delany in an airport and started talking with him while we were waiting for our planes. He assumed I was a Big Ten alum and was surprised when I told I was a UConn grad. He had some nice things to say about UConn but also listed the things that hurt it (state population, etc.) in conference realignment. I conversationally went over the facts that support UConn (like 30M people in a 150 mile radius.) He mentioned that the Big Ten had considered UConn to create a NYC presence but decided on Rutgers for a number of reasons (NJ population, AAU, etc.) I countered that he had firsthand knowledge of UConn's NYC presence from the 2014 Eastern regional games. He smiled and agreed it was something special.

The conversation was pleasant but as I made points he would glance over at the guy he was traveling with. I was pulled up facts/figures on my laptop as well as few videos as we spoke. Finally he said "well maybe we should have a more formal discussion on this." Surprised, I told him that I thought it was a good idea but then demurred since I had no formal capacity with the university. He insisted I be a part of a meeting and called Herbst in front of me to schedule meeting and told her he'd like me to be a part of the meeting. We scheduled a follow up and Herbst and I did a presentation. She and I were back at the hotel bar talking about how it went, when Delaney called me to say that he had done an informal polling of the conference presidents and we were in.

It was a great dream, incredibly vivid and realistic. The kind that you wake up from going 'wait, did that actually happen?' I rarely remember my dreams and when I do they are usually pretty boring, so it was weird that this came up. Just another indication of how much this school is in our heads, I guess. Still, I try to keep an eye out for Delany in airports, just in case.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Heck, I have a dream that ends with a championship almost every year shortly before the season starts.
It doesn't always come true, but I'm incredibly happy it came true four times in my lifetime, and hoping to last long enough to see the fifth.

Reaction Score
As days pass, some veganista may suggest your dream will gradually prove to be reality.
Heck, I can do it with a Sufi Sam hippie POV: pig organs are used in human transplants. How does evolution (or devolution) play a role here?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I had a very vivid dream that Uconn won it all in the not so distant future. I am sure that when you are a dedicated fan of a team it is probably not unlikely to have dreams from time to time about your favorite team but it felt so vivid. I remember, sadly, that I missed the actual game because I was on a plane. Only a serious emergency would cause me to miss a game of that magnitude, like a sudden family death or something like that.

Any way, as soon as I got to a TV at the airport I had landed in I went to check on the final score of the game as it had just ended. The stadium was going nuts, as is the case whenever a championship game comes to a finish and I heard the announcer on the TV say "....and Uconn caps off perhaps their most improbable run yet with a win over Florida for their 5th championship." It was a close game too. I remember, upon waking up, the "5th championship" portion of the quote vibrating in my head which is why I do not think this is only a memory of the 2014 final four game. It was a very surreal dream and I think I remember Hurley being the coach in the dream. Not sure what year it was in my dream but if Uconn ever finds itself on the opposite side of a bracket from Florida I am taking one for the team so to speak and booking a plane trip ASAP!

Have you had any surreal, vivid sports dreams? Did it come true? Are you still waiting? BTW, is Florida supposed to be good this year? :)
Too bad you didn’t see player names. Wouldn’t have to wait til September to see what flows through the broken dam.

Reaction Score
I actually had a dream a couple weeks back that we won it all, too. We were down with a couple seconds left and the next thing I knew, the game was over and we won 85-83. No idea against who though.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wrong sport, but I had a bizarre dream the night before the football team's game against Cincy last year. Our right tackle picked up a fumble in the backfield and somehow took it 40 yards downfield to the house, leading to a 12-9 victory...

The team actually lost due to something comparably improbable.

Reaction Score
I missed the actual game because I was on a plane. Only a serious emergency would cause me to miss a game of that magnitude, like a sudden family death . . .
You must really love your family.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Few years ago I dreamt that I was golfing with Warde Manuel and Suzie. They told me in confidence that we would be accepting an invite to the PAC12... it wasn’t ideal, fans would be upset, but we couldn’t turn down the cash.

I’d still take that deal.

Reaction Score

I have that dream every year.

Reaction Score
I dreamt that I saw Delany in an airport and started talking with him while we were waiting for our planes. He assumed I was a Big Ten alum and was surprised when I told I was a UConn grad. He had some nice things to say about UConn but also listed the things that hurt it (state population, etc.) in conference realignment. I conversationally went over the facts that support UConn (like 30M people in a 150 mile radius.) He mentioned that the Big Ten had considered UConn to create a NYC presence but decided on Rutgers for a number of reasons (NJ population, AAU, etc.) I countered that he had firsthand knowledge of UConn's NYC presence from the 2014 Eastern regional games. He smiled and agreed it was something special.

The conversation was pleasant but as I made points he would glance over at the guy he was traveling with. I was pulled up facts/figures on my laptop as well as few videos as we spoke. Finally he said "well maybe we should have a more formal discussion on this." Surprised, I told him that I thought it was a good idea but then demurred since I had no formal capacity with the university. He insisted I be a part of a meeting and called Herbst in front of me to schedule meeting and told her he'd like me to be a part of the meeting. We scheduled a follow up and Herbst and I did a presentation. She and I were back at the hotel bar talking about how it went, when Delaney called me to say that he had done an informal polling of the conference presidents and we were in.

It was a great dream, incredibly vivid and realistic. The kind that you wake up from going 'wait, did that actually happen?' I rarely remember my dreams and when I do they are usually pretty boring, so it was weird that this came up. Just another indication of how much this school is in our heads, I guess. Still, I try to keep an eye out for Delany in airports, just in case.

What does Herbst drink? Did the two of you celebrate all night?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I work 80 hours a week and then I dream about work so I end up waking up early and think "welp, might as well head in"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom