I Guess They Made Him Write It | The Boneyard

I Guess They Made Him Write It

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With friends like this, who needs enemies. Appearing to extol UConn's many virtues and achievements, he concludes:

"Certainly it’s time for change. Just 97 years after we gave women the right to vote, now we might want to give them our attention as they pursue athletic greatness, too. So when U-Conn goes for 100 straight against South Carolina on Monday, Feb. 13, you should consider tuning in to ESPN at 9 p.m. ET.

Or you can come over to my house and watch “The Bachelor” on ABC."

Pay attention: Women’s teams are worth it

I have no regard for that rag. Now I have less than none.

Reaction Score
With friends like this, who needs enemies. Appearing to extol UConn's many virtues and achievements, he concludes:

"Certainly it’s time for change. Just 97 years after we gave women the right to vote, now we might want to give them our attention as they pursue athletic greatness, too. So when U-Conn goes for 100 straight against South Carolina on Monday, Feb. 13, you should consider tuning in to ESPN at 9 p.m. ET.

Or you can come over to my house and watch “The Bachelor” on ABC."

Pay attention: Women’s teams are worth it

I have no regard for that rag. Now I have less than none.

Funny--especially the comments and responses at the end.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He was pretty complimentary and I thought he was spot on. One weird sentence in the article - I think he was trying to be funny? - doesn't detract from his point that there weren't enough people paying attention to a great achievement.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
An ambivalent article at best. He had as many complimentary things to say as he did backhanded ones. Nevertheless what it lacked in commitance it made up for with his humor and his marginal writing skills. I give it a 2 on the "I'll remember this article" scale.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
What HN said - the article is complimentary and the WP is not a "rag". Check the ratings for the Bachelor vs the UConn/SC game that night. That's coming from someone who thinks that the Bachelor is one of the dumbest programs on TV.

Some people here spend their waking hours scouring the internet looking for media that disrespects their girls and when they can't find it they invent some it just so they can come on the BY and whine about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can forgive his half-hearted complements. What I cannot forgive is repeated use of "U-Conn."

Reaction Score
With the exception of the last sentence, which I think was meant to be humor, I thought it was not a bad article.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can forgive his half-hearted complements. What I cannot forgive is repeated use of "U-Conn."
That's not the writer - than an editor at the Washington Post. They've always used U-Conn in their articles.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's not the writer - than an editor at the Washington Post. They've always used U-Conn in their articles.
CgKGb34WEAA9bNa.jpg

"That is not an excuse! I hear that all the time and
I do not accept it"

Reaction Score
The last sentence just supports his comment earlier that when he's done watching WCBB he doesn't think about watching it again. Overall, he's incredibly complementary about UConn and WCBB, especially the one about the quality of FF and Championship play. But, he raises an interesting point that I hadn't thought about, which is it's difficult to fit another sport into his sports viewing schedule. That's an interesting comment. I think that point aligns with threads we've had regarding reasons for the decline in attendance? Anyway, good to have his coverage.

Reaction Score
Those Q & A remarks at the end....very funny! The one about the NFL building a floating stadium to threaten all the cities up and down the west coast...:D

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It would be really enlightening to see the ratings demographics between The Bachelor and UConn win #91. I wonder how many women watched the game vs how many watched The Bachelor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom