I Guess It Is Flattering | The Boneyard

I Guess It Is Flattering

Reaction Score
What to say,What to Say. We Lucked out down here on the shore with this storm. Mostly rain and the temp at 42 deg. About UCONN WBB: I hope Albany is excited to play the best team in Women's College Basketball. I bet they are. Death Star: Cool: Evil Empire: Lets not go there again.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
The Huskies have won four national titles in a row. They're on a winning streak of 107 games. They don't just beat other teams, they steamroll them -- then back up and run over them again because, hey, why not.

^^That's the best ever! LOL

Reaction Score
What to say,What to Say. We Lucked out down here on the shore with this storm. Mostly rain and the temp at 42 deg

Weatherman are like guys in bars. You're lucky if you get half of what they promised....

Reaction Score
The Huskies have won four national titles in a row. They're on a winning streak of 107 games. They don't just beat other teams, they steamroll them -- then back up and run over them again because, hey, why not.

^^That's the best ever! LOL
I don't like the last part of that because it isn't true. UCONN racks up lopsided scores because it is so much better, but as we all know (ask Lou) Geno takes pains to avoid backing up and running over them again by putting in the end of the bench before the 4th quarter. Can you imagine what the score would have been in the CC if the starters had played 35 minute each?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Albany's enthusiasm was short lived. They appeared to be in a state of shock, disbelief and disappointment, upon learning several minutes into the selection show, that THEY were chosen to play UConn in Storrs. Any display of excitement or jubilation was short lived by Albany. No doubt the 3 other #16 seeds breathed a sigh of relief.
Brenda Frese (Maryland head coach) didn't appear too happy either during her on-camera interview.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Based on their RPI and really with the bottom dwellers what else is there, they should have easily fallen in the middle of the 15 seeds - there are at least 5 auto qualifiers with much worse RPI scores (Albany is at 113 and UNC Ashville is 196, Robert Morris at 181, TX Southern 169, Hampton 151, and New Mexico State at 137.) I understand the idea of drive-able sites and maybe they can have bus loads of fans come to Storrs, but at some point not just moving them a line on the S curve but 5 places down as well is a little unfair. The committee seems to go back and forth between competitive strictures and distance considerations every year, and then sometimes within years as well. This year they seem to have put an all out emphasis on distance over any other considerations - shifting teams simply to make it 'drive friendly' and not because the other rules were causing the problem.

Reaction Score
Based on their RPI and really with the bottom dwellers what else is there, they should have easily fallen in the middle of the 15 seeds - there are at least 5 auto qualifiers with much worse RPI scores (Albany is at 113 and UNC Ashville is 196, Robert Morris at 181, TX Southern 169, Hampton 151, and New Mexico State at 137.) I understand the idea of drive-able sites and maybe they can have bus loads of fans come to Storrs, but at some point not just moving them a line on the S curve but 5 places down as well is a little unfair. The committee seems to go back and forth between competitive strictures and distance considerations every year, and then sometimes within years as well. This year they seem to have put an all out emphasis on distance over any other considerations - shifting teams simply to make it 'drive friendly' and not because the other rules were causing the problem.
If Albany wins it will be one of the biggest upsets ever. If they lose they will join a large club that continues to grow. As somebody else said, the Albany women will be able to say to their kids, Mom was part of the greatest win streak in history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom