I guess everybody hates UConn: Syracuse lobbied against UConn | The Boneyard

I guess everybody hates UConn: Syracuse lobbied against UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Ed Daigneault.

https://twitter.com/EdDaigneault

Let's hope, let's really, really hope that Delany sees in UConn what we here see in it. I want to see Syracuse cut off from the ACC with UConn, Maryland, Penn State and Rutgers between that over-priced safety school and the ACC south schools.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Would you want a team in your new conference that you were 1-6 against in your last 7 games??? I wouldn't...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the voting and lobying stuff is a crap shoot of bs. everyone post adding has to welcome the team added and stick up for them 1 by 1 in public so its a happy gang of jackasses at the next meeting.

if u see JB say something like happy to have lville, that means something. what that means is the acc is getting torn apart and cuse ain't got a out so we needed another bball school who plys fball to be with us.

Reaction Score
ACC will be gutted, MHver3 reporting Jimbo being told FSU will b in SEC or B12 by 2016 or sooner.

Rumors of GT or UVA to B1G, just one more move and it'll start to fold like BE did

the voting and lobying stuff is a crap shoot of bs. everyone post adding has to welcome the team added and stick up for them 1 by 1 in public so its a happy gang of jackasses at the next meeting.

if u see JB say something like happy to have lville, that means something. what that means is the acc is getting torn apart and cuse ain't got a out so we needed another bball school who plys fball to be with us.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We have dominated Cuse in football and have more basketball championships. OF COURSE, Cuse is going to lobby against us as long as it suits them. They need the 1-2 year recruiting cushion they can get by telling kids that they are in the ACC and we are in the Big East. Once we're in the B1G, the Cuse will be second fiddle to RU and UConn.

Reaction Score
They fear us. We were already better than them in football and basketball. Some of their internet fans are cool, but by and large they want to see us get frozen out. Gone are the days of CT impact players lighting up for them in the dome.

Reaction Score
ACC blows. I seriously hate CUSE, Pitt and BCU. I really hope we land somewhere and give them all the big fat middle finger.

Reaction Score
Fcking Boeheim. What a G_dD_mn coward...so fitting he's with Cuse. I'm sure Calhoun loves this from his "friend"...

http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/COLLEGE-HOOPS-UConn-wins-ugly-against-New-4079279.php

A source with strong Big East ties said that Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has been strongly opposed to UConn’s potential move to the ACC, and that Boeheim has relayed this opposition to Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, for whom he’s an assistant on Team USA. The source believes that Krzyzewski may have been opposed to an invitation to UConn, as well.

Reaction Score
If true. It just shows how freaked out the ACC is. I think Syracuse was more afraid of the ACC crumbling than anything else. Well, that could happen anyways and they will end up right back where they started.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Duke rumored to initially vote in UConn so this rumor is probably false unless the other one was false. So choose if you want to get on the hate wagon!

Reaction Score
Duke rumored to initially vote in UConn so this rumor is probably false unless the other one was false. So choose if you want to get on the hate wagon!

Krzyzewski and Boeheim may have been personally opposed to an invitation to UConn ... but Duke's president may still have been in support of UCONN. As much weight as those two carry, they still don't have the final vote.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Krzyzewski and Boeheim may have been personally opposed to an invitation to UConn ... but Duke's president may still have been in support of UCONN. As much weight as those two carry, they still don't have the final vote.
Certainly a possibility. And those coaches may have lobbied for Pitino vs. Ollie as opposed to Ville vs. UConn!

Or this rumor could be BS.

Reaction Score
I wish Calhoun could be asked about this story? Can the press ask him if he and Boeheim talked last week? Its really hard to believe since calhoun is very close with Boeheim and also friend with Coach K

Reaction Score

I posted this in another thread (too many threads on same subject):

ericcrawford Nov 28, 7:28pm via TweetDeck
#UofL coach Rick Pitino said he and Mike Krzyzewski had a lengthy conversation about ACC in the Bahamas. "Mike was all-in with Louisville."

Reaction Score

#UofL coach Rick Pitino said he and Mike Krzyzewski had a lengthy conversation about ACC in the Bahamas. "Mike was all-in with Louisville."

Well Coach K will say anything people want to hear. In that situation, saying what he said, and if things had gone the other way K would have looked good either way.

On top of all that, it is ominously clear that these schools know our proximity to NYC will add competition to their ability to get recruits from NYC. It's the main reason why Syracuse, Duke, and esp BC lobbied against us.

Also, the BIG 10 tried a similar to approach to crushing ND and look how that worked out.

Reaction Score

Well, if that's the source of these twitter posts I think it's meaningless. Was Ksupposed to tell Pitino to his face that he would fight to keep Pitino out? If he did, he risked Pitino finding an Italian restaurant on Paradise Island and having his wife for dinner.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's possible K supported both UConn and Louisville CC's admission.

Reaction Score
Well, if that's the source of these twitter posts I think it's meaningless. Was Ksupposed to tell Pitino to his face that he would fight to keep Pitino out? If he did, he risked Pitino finding an Italian restaurant on Paradise Island and having his wife for dinner.

Doubt it was the source of ignition... just another whiff of smoke. Again, being "all in with Lousiville' doesn't mean he was "all out with UConn.

Reaction Score
two (2) questions:
1) Not doubting you, but I haven't seen any reports of BC going to bat for Louisville or UConn in this round.
2) I assume since you're talking about Duke, you're talking basketball recruiting. BC does minimal if any recruiting in NYC, much to my shagrin.

BC does basketball recruiting? Who knew!

Reaction Score
I dislike the ACC.
My first experence with a Southern School was Georgia Tech's refusal to play Pitt in the sugarbowl because they had a black player. I was a fantical football fan as a kid and this was a shocking wake up call.
The South has done little to change my perception.
Syracuse being there at least made it palatable.
If true Cuse is now on my list of Southern Schools to hate.
Et Tu Cuse'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc