I got some football therapy..... | The Boneyard

I got some football therapy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After the debacle that was the UCONN-Cuse game last Friday night I was really down about the football season. I had not seen a UCONN team so physically and emotionally beaten in a game since the Navy game in '06.

So, the following Sat. I took my jog and headed to the area high school football game on a beautiful, warm afternoon. It was senior day where all the seniors are recognized with their parents. It was only a few years ago my wife and I were on that field with our son. This is small town high school football. No D1 prospects here. Just kids playing for the fun of it, being with their buddies, trying to make the state playoffs. My son's former team won handily. But, it really didn't matter to me. Seeing the kids having fun and learning some of life's lessons that football can teach seemed much more important.

Yesterday we were at Parent's Weekend at my daughters NESCAC school and took in the football game. Good football, but no future NFLers on the field. Just kids flying around and having fun. It's an intimate setting and you can sense the "I have to be with my guys" attitude. Folks were fired up, but there was plenty of consolation and teaching after the loss.

I got two good doses of football and it helped me understand why I enjoy the game so much at the high school and college level. There was no talk of firing coaches, TV contracts, recruiting rankings, etc. Just football and the kids who play. What the team did well and what needs work.

I'll be at the Pitt game with our clan. Some sandwiches and beers before the game. Maybe a nice dinner afterwards. Lot's of laughs for sure. Hopefully we'll beat Pitt as they head out the door to the ACC. But, if we don't, I'll be fine. There is always next year, and the local high school, and the Continentals.

Reaction Score
I took in the John Hopkins Blue Jays versus Ursinus Bears tilt yesterday in Pennsylvania and had the exact same reaction. Supporting a good friend and fellow Yarder who is now a senior playing for the Bears. Kids played their hearts out and some pretty good ball played out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom