I got run out tonight. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

I got run out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
^You mad, bro?

No I'm confused actually. Hence me staying, "I really don't get it". I've never had an encounter with him on this board. But I do lurk enough to know his posting style. In fact I know you take offense to quite a lot as well. So rather ironic you would call me out no?

But please enlighten me, since you so often seem to know it all. What was so cool about this initial incident and why are people bumping the thread months later?

What am I missing?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No I'm confused actually. Hence me staying my, "I really don't get it".

So please enlighten me. What was so cool about this initial incident and why are people bumping the thread months later?

What am I missing?

It seems to me you really dislike BigErn and aren't able to reconcile that with the fact that other people actually like him, think he's funny, and don't perceive him as a "presumptuous dick".

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
No I'm confused actually. Hence me staying, "I really don't get it". I've never had an encounter with him on this board. But I do lurk enough to know his posting style. In fact I know you take offense to quite a lot as well. So rather ironic you would call me out no?

But please enlighten me, since you so often seem to know it all. What was so cool about this initial incident and why are people bumping the thread months later?

What am I missing?

I don't know if you watched that game, but there was a lot of chatter about how badly we were being jobbed by the refs that night.

Big Ern not only got tossed by the ref, but there it was....video footage and all. And he made his post, virtually in real time.

That made him semi famous.

I'll grant you it may have been only 15 minutes of fame....but he earned it.

(2 classical references in the above post)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What am I missing about this whole thing that people think is so cool?

A grown man (presumably), got thrown out of a game THAT WE LOST.

Sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. That's so cool! Wow. Awesome. Big Ern you are sooooo cool and funny now. Please use this admiration to continue to be a presumptuous dick on every post.

I just really don't get it.

Because it's funny. Especially the video of him stalking the sidelines like a madman and chewing out the refs in drunken delirium. I mean, having front row seats, and getting tossed for defending the guys from the absolute jobbing we were getting that night....there's something ever-so-mildly heroic about that. It was an extension of how we all felt, but was something we, nor any right-minded person, would do.

It's not cool per se; that's kind of the point. It's not like he was bragging about it. Comes off as kind of ashamed actually.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Personally, what I thought was great about it is that BigErn was captured being every bit of the raving lunatic idiot fan that many of us here are, except he did it courtside, aimed directly at the ref who was jobbing us, and he got booted for it. On national TV. While the rest of us are doing it in our living rooms (although I was at that game).

BigErn represented the Everyman of the Boneyard. He brought it down to the courtside and directly to the man.

Sure, he was hammered out of his mind and failed miserably, but really, isn't that all of ours story?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What makes it so funny is Big E would just like it to go away and now this thread has morphed into a Big E for or against debate with every new post keeping the embarrassing memory alive.

Bone....yard.....legend.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was at Monticello a few weeks ago. There was a tour guide dude there named Dan McCracken. It took all my strength not to ask for a picture for BigErn.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I can only wish to some day contrive the circumstances necessary to piss off some random incompetent fool of a ref so much that he orders me removed from the building.

Maybe it means I have issues too, like Ern, misanthropic bastard that he is, that I gain some vicarious satisfaction from his misdeed, but ultimately, you just gotta respect the passion, man. #BleedBlue...

Reaction Score
It's BigErn. Even when he's sitting court side he's not actually watching the game, he's just insulting whoever the nearest entity is.

See, it's your fault. If you had been there I would have been insulting you and none of this would have happened.

Not my finest moment. I would like to be able to promise that it won't happen against Syracuse but I know myself far too well to commit to something like that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
See, it's your fault. If you had been there I would have been insulting you and none of this would have happened.

Not my finest moment. I would like to be able to promise that it won't happen against Syracuse but I know myself far too well to commit to something like that.
Dibs on your seat after you get tossed.

Reaction Score
I don't know ....

either Geno winning 4 in a row or Big E getting tossed by the Ref Brian O'Connell. Close Husky top moment.

Reaction Score
I don't know ...either Geno winning 4 in a row or Big E getting tossed by the Ref Brian O'Connell. Close Husky top moment.

I just don't think it's that close - I mean one is ho-hum the other is something that's needs to be earned with the combination of energy, passion, anger and some good ole hammer time. Hammer time wins by a landslide, Crack's the man!

Reaction Score
image.png

Bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members