I don't want to hear one bad word about Shabazz | The Boneyard

I don't want to hear one bad word about Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
put the team on his back down the stretch, very vocal throughout the game. Bazz was the man and maybe finally will get some credit from some yarders, can't overstate how big of a win this was. Might be the first game all season we made the winning plays down the stretch we made last year, great win!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
His performance today made me a believer. Kid grew by leaps and bounds.

Reaction Score
Really, you mean I don't have to defend his decision making...ever again;)

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
at the pitt game last saturday in the student section, the dudes behind me kept talking about shabazz everytime he had the ball. they'd say he sucked, was the worst player on uconn, bench him etc. pissin me off.

Reaction Score
Not ONE bad word...Okay, how bout four:

1) TO with 40 seconds left
2) Highly sub-optimal shot selection with that long three in the closing seconds of regulation
3) Out of control charge with a wide open AO
4) Dumb reach to foul out in OT

Just kidding. He took us on his back today. But the ebb and tide of the game after The Steals and everything else made me experience the closing minutes like a collective Boneyard debate on his q-rating, with the two sides shouting: "Less Filling, Tastes Great! Less Filling, Tastes Great!" Instead it was "Warrior Onions, Bad Decisions! Warrior Onions, Bad Decisions!"

"Doomed, Winning! Doomed, Winning!"

At the end of today: "Just Winning"

(If that makes any sense. Which I'm sure it doesn't. He was great today. Very proud and happy for the team.)

Reaction Score
at the pitt game last saturday in the student section, the dudes behind me kept talking **** about shabazz everytime he had the ball. they'd say he sucked, was the worst player on uconn, bench him etc. pissin me off.

Sounds like me at the Marquette game, lol - at least with every shot he took (even the ones he made) as the O stalled.

Reaction Score
Ryan was taking notes! Bazz learned something from last year, and his willingness to take the shots and the lead was fantastic. I will add that i didn't realize that Calhoun's return was something Bazz desperately needed. He seems to thrive on pleasing the 'head' coach. Nice relationship that may keep JC coming back for a couple more years at least.

Reaction Score
He is the leader. No question any more.

No doubt, he was the player of the game. But if you notice, today it was Bazz, yesterday Roscoe, tomorrow ???. In my opinion, the one constant I see is the emergence of Alex as the leader. His play is not always reflected in the box score, but he as much as anyone, inspires and gets others to play a notch higher. Not surprising that our leader is also our only junior. Having said that, I agree that it is time we put the question of leadership to rest. Just go out have fun, play with heart, and win.

Reaction Score
He's a sophomore and he is growing into a leader before our eyes. I'm very proud of the way he has turned around this season. His will to win is huge.

Reaction Score
He was huge today. He started off sloppy, but then he carried us down the stretch. A great performance by Shabazz.

Reaction Score
He's the type of player who makes me yell "WHY DID YOU SHOO...OK...it went in...let's not do that again"
My wife saw me do that the other day against Pitt, laughed and walked out of the room. I did it a few times today.

I do this with Shabazz atleast three times a game. It seems like he makes more of those "wtf" shots than he does layups sometimes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The fact that people actually questioned this kid's heart throughout the season just makes me laugh.

Shabazz has been playing his ass off all season - today his level of play just matched his effort.

Great game Shabazz.

Reaction Score
The fact that people actually questioned this kid's heart throughout the season just makes me laugh.

Shabazz has been playing his ass off all season - today his level of play just matched his effort.

Great game Shabazz.

i never questioned his heart but i did and still do question his decision making. i though he was great today but still did some bonehead things late that could have cost us the game. i thought boat was absolutely terrible today. he needs to play better because he took some bad shots, had some poor turnovers and the free throws! dear god the free throws! smdh still!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
i never questioned his heart but i did and still do question his decision making. i though he was great today but still did some bonehead things late that could have cost us the game. i thought boat was absolutely terrible today. he needs to play better because he took some bad shots, had some poor turnovers and the free throws! dear god the free throws! smdh still!

Agreed. Shabazz was playing pretty poorly at points during the season. He played great today, but still did make some questionable decisions. Probably a by product of trying to do too much on the court. If he can play even a little more in control in the future I think he can be an 1st team Big East point guard.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Awesome game by Shabazz. I just have to shake my head at some of the wtf moments with him, but he is the leader and really the "go to" player on the team. He had some down times (with a bad foot) and I still can't believe the way he was thrown under the bus by so many Boneyarders. But, he brought the team back nearly single-handedly. Those 2 steals in a row....just amazing. He's pretty damn good for a sophomore and better than Kemba was overall his sophomore year. Not really comparable, but Bazz is a better floor leader than Kemba was as a sophomore.

I also give Bazz a lot of credit for encouraging Boatright and not creating a rift there during the difficult times. We need both of them to play well, but it is clear that Bazz is the leader of the team and Boat is a freshman with a lot of talent (but still a freshman).

Reaction Score
Really, you mean I don't have to defend his decision making...ever again;)

Kid played as well as, or better than he's played all year.

But even Calhoun still questions his decision making. Did you see the look on his face after Napier chucked the three with the clock winding down? Yes, we're still allowed to question decisions like that, but plays like that make him who he is. It's a double edged sword. You're going to love some of the stuff, and hate some of it, but all totaled, we're lucky to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom