I am having a hard time not | The Boneyard

I am having a hard time not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am having a hard time not rooting for Syracuse. I know that they have of recent years especially this year become an enemy of the Uconn program in general, but I have always rooted for big east teams in the tournament when Uconn was out. To me this is the last hurraah, might as well enjoy today and hate when the season is done. I want to leave the reality of the collapse of the Big East. I just want two more weeks rooting and hoping the true big east goes out with a bang, even if there is no Uconn. I know the Big East did not allow Uconn to play in the tournament this year and that was ridiculous. But the big east was more than the Athletic Directors and administration. It was a sense of regional pride. It is part of my my childhood, it is something I want to hold on to for at least these last two weeks. Then let the hating begin.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Personally, I have never supported pedophiles or those who enable them!

Reaction Score
I am having a hard time not rooting for Syracuse. I know that they have of recent years especially this year become an enemy of the Uconn program in general, but I have always rooted for big east teams in the tournament when Uconn was out. To me this is the last hurraah, might as well enjoy today and hate when the season is done. I want to leave the reality of the collapse of the Big East. I just want two more weeks rooting and hoping the true big east goes out with a bang, even if there is no Uconn. I know the Big East did not allow Uconn to play in the tournament this year and that was ridiculous. But the big east was more than the Athletic Directors and administration. It was a sense of regional pride. It is part of my my childhood, it is something I want to hold on to for at least these last two weeks. Then let the hating begin.
Your 2 cents and a dream will get you a nice cute little double wide in upstate New York

Reaction Score
DFLBpdI_zpscbb829a3.gif

Reaction Score
I guess it is pointless to post anything that is not vulgar, hateful, negative or immature. This reminds me of the time I was in this acoustic songwriting competition at the University of Maine. I had made it through the first two rounds of the competition. Then in the final round there was 6 acts. The absolute worst act out of all 6 won the competition, basically because it was on a college campus and all they kept on doing is swearing non-stop in between songs. and everytime they did, everyone cheered like they were intent on proving evolution that night. It is cool every once in a while to make a crass statement. We do not always have to make profound post that summarize the feelings of everyone. However I do not know why I am continually astounded by the level of immaturity that envelops this forum. Kudos to all those decided to put a smack down on my post. You have accomplished your mission, you once again decreased the IQ of the Boneyard. Respond as you may...I will not respond back.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I guess it is pointless to post anything that is not vulgar, hateful, negative or immature. This reminds me of the time I was in this acoustic songwriting competition at the University of Maine. I had made it through the first two rounds of the competition. Then in the final round there was 6 acts. The absolute worst act out of all 6 won the competition, basically because it was on a college campus and all they kept on doing is swearing non-stop in between songs. and everytime they did, everyone cheered like they were intent on proving evolution that night. It is cool every once in a while to make a crass statement. We do not always have to make profound post that summarize the feelings of everyone. However I do not know why I am continually astounded by the level of immaturity that envelops this forum. Kudos to all those decided to put a smack down on my post. You have accomplished your mission, you once again decreased the IQ of the Boneyard. Respond as you may...I will not respond back.

FWIW, I feel the same way. I find myself enjoying that Marquette drubbed Miami and don't mind Syracuse pounding Indiana. I have friends who are now live in ACC and B1G areas and any ammunition to give them a hard time is helpful in response to UConvicts, etc.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
You have accomplished your mission, you once again decreased the IQ of the Boneyard. Respond as you may...I will not respond back.

You need thicker skin to fight off the barbarian hordes. Perhaps grunts instead of sentences :) Personally I'm a Cuse fan.

Reaction Score
There is nothing I like about Syracuse. Their color, location, attitude, coach, all rub me the wrong way. But you know they're "New York's Team", 5 hours from NYC or about the distance of CT from DC...but you know that's cool.

Yea I hate them.

Reaction Score
The B1G needs some real hoops schools. OSU isn't winning it either.

Reaction Score
There is nothing I like about Syracuse. Their color, location, attitude, coach, all rub me the wrong way. But you know they're "New York's Team", 5 hours from NYC or about the distance of CT from DC...but you know that's cool.

Yea I hate them.
I know I said I would not reply...but this is a more acceptable response in disagreement. It is cool to disagree, but really is it necessary to to hate on each other here in the boneyard....If I am crazy for rooting for the cuse tonight(which I probably am) I will assure you, I will never root for duke, even if we enter the ACC...period. Also it made me think of an interesting question. Who do you think the following people would be rooting for in this game. Calhoun, Ollie, Kemba, Freeman, Blaney?

Reaction Score
What an awful post. duck* Cuse and everything about them. How can you possibly call yourself a UConn fan if you are rooting for your rival. Personally, I've never understood the bullsh*it of rooting for your conference. Who gives a $*$# what they do, as long as UConn is winning, i'm happy.

Reaction Score
Well, looks like it's Cuse's night, so you'll get your wish anyway with an all-BE regional final.

I'll be rooting hard for MU on Saturday.
I also have to admit, that it will help my bracket out in my pool tremendously. I had 12 teams left in my sweet 16 bracket. if Cuse and Wichita St. win, I will have 3 teams in my elite eight in already.

Reaction Score
What an awful post. duck* Cuse and everything about them. How can you possibly call yourself a UConn fan if you are rooting for your rival. Personally, I've never understood the bullsh*it of rooting for your conference. Who gives a $*$# what they do, as long as UConn is winning, i'm happy.
yeah because having losing teams in your conference really helps your recruiting. I root for conference opponents when it indirectly helps Uconn. Today is an anomaly, It is just a habit...and again it helps my bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom