I-95???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I-95????

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm supposed to drive (with 2 little kids) from NYC to Orange tomorrow morning. Everything I'm reading here tells me that's a terrible idea. I was planning to take 15 or 84 (to 8).

And Dove's post about Metro North sounds bad too.

Reaction Score
For the Fairfield Ave bridge, Norwalk and nearby residents may want to pray to the median strip column gods the column’s in sufficiently sound condition for continued use versus required replacement.

Reaction Score
I'm supposed to drive (with 2 little kids) from NYC to Orange tomorrow morning. Everything I'm reading here tells me that's a terrible idea. I was planning to take 15 or 84 (to 8).
If not Metro North, 84 to 34S? Suspect the parkway will be a sh|t show all weekend.

Reaction Score
Metro North trains are now being loaded with various pallets of goods. Passengers are being bumped. Unreal.

As of yesterday morning, that bridge over 95 was deemed unfazed. Now it needs replacement.
To be fair they never said it was unfazed. They said it wasn’t in danger of collapse. All the early reports I saw said it was likely they were going to have to replace it.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Connecticut Avenue was a ghost town this morning (10.30-ish) west of Scribner Avenue. I backroaded from around Main Ave/Exit 40, hit Reynolds Nursery, Costco, BevMax and Grade A, was home before noon. They have shortened up all the traffic lights onto the primary throughfares, so everyone is driving extra aggressively, beware!

Also, I've seen 18-wheelers on roads they shouldn't be on (Linden Street, Ponus Avenue), it's a disaster waiting to happen. At least they have cops at most of the Merritt entrances making sure trucks don't get on the parkway, smart move!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If not Metro North, 84 to 34S? Suspect the parkway will be a sh|t show all weekend.

Yeah, to 34 is one way to get there. But I think 84 will be terrible. I did see Metro North is running extra trains on the New Haven line, so that's a possibility, I guess.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Glad I'm a West Coast Huskies fan....
When your house slips into the Pacific you aren’t going to be saying that……

95 and it’s 2 lane BS the state needed to amend that decades ago

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Connecticut Avenue was a ghost town this morning (10.30-ish) west of Scribner Avenue. I backroaded from around Main Ave/Exit 40, hit Reynolds Nursery, Costco, BevMax and Grade A, was home before noon. They have shortened up all the traffic lights onto the primary throughfares, so everyone is driving extra aggressively, beware!

Also, I've seen 18-wheelers on roads they shouldn't be on (Linden Street, Ponus Avenue), it's a disaster waiting to happen. At least they have cops at most of the Merritt entrances making sure trucks don't get on the parkway, smart move!
Sierra Grill is my guilty pleasure when I pass through on my way to visit family.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whenever I drive I always feel like there’s a conspiracy against me.

Do you drive in Connecticut?

Then yes, there is a conspiracy.

I believe that the state hires chaos actors to create traffic jams on straight, dry roads for some nefarious reason.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've got my niece's birthday party today in Danbury. Not looking forward to taking 84.

Reaction Score
Do you drive in Connecticut?

Then yes, there is a conspiracy.

I believe that the state hires chaos actors to create traffic jams on straight, dry roads for some nefarious reason.
Ya live in Mass go down to CT about once a month and ya I gotta say it’s even worse then MA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ya live in Mass go down to CT about once a month and ya I gotta say it’s even worse then MA.

I don’t understand most of the traffic. You can try to go through at times where there should be no traffic and there’s traffic. Saturdays are the most confounding.

When we go to the Cape, instead of taking 84 which is the direct route, we go north to 90 and just avoid Connecticut completely.

At the end of the day….they’re really just awful drivers. Probably the worst in the hemisphere. I mean, read their posts…most of them are drooling imbeciles.

Reaction Score
Whenever I drive I always feel like there’s a conspiracy against me.
Play loud music when you drive so you won't hear the conspirators. Or, sunglasses during the day so you won't see them.

To be more serious, I always check the sides of the road especially at the entry ramps and at the roadside gas stations when I see cars ready to enter the road.

I avoid late night driving when the ultra crazies, drunks and onroad druggies are out.

All anyone can do for sanity, unless they want to travel by train. Even there, you could be at the mercy of other passengers unless you want to be there to write an update of Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train.

Reaction Score
Sierra Grill is my guilty pleasure when I pass through on my way to visit family.
Sierra Grille was my spot 15 years ago, but now that I live in Norwalk, Rincon is very close by and wayyyyyy better.

I headed had errands to run and oddly the backroads going south to Connecticut Ave were clean but lots of traffic on backroads on the way back, especially around NCC. I also made the dumb mistake of picking up lunch in Darien before heading to Trader Joe's. Darien, with its tiny women driving huge cars, is easily the worst town to drive through and today it was like everyone's ozempic was replaced with PCP.

Reaction Score
East avenue and west avenue are a mess. We had a wedding to attend today on east ave and I was able to weave my way from NCC there in about 15 minutes but no such luck coming back and took me almost an hour to get back home…..can’t wait for 95 to reopen

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sierra Grille was my spot 15 years ago, but now that I live in Norwalk, Rincon is very close by and wayyyyyy better.

I headed had errands to run and oddly the backroads going south to Connecticut Ave were clean but lots of traffic on backroads on the way back, especially around NCC. I also made the dumb mistake of picking up lunch in Darien before heading to Trader Joe's. Darien, with its tiny women driving huge cars, is easily the worst town to drive through and today it was like everyone's ozempic was replaced with PCP.

I really like downtown Darien, but it is impossible to get to.

Reaction Score

Reynolds Nursery is great, UConn alumni owner

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

And Dove's post about Metro North sounds bad too.
Try Route 136 from Darien to Saugatuk, as long as you are in a passenger car.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I don’t understand most of the traffic. You can try to go through at times where there should be no traffic and there’s traffic. Saturdays are the most confounding.

When we go to the Cape, instead of taking 84 which is the direct route, we go north to 90 and just avoid Connecticut completely.

At the end of the day….they’re really just awful drivers. Probably the worst in the hemisphere. I mean, read their posts…most of them are drooling imbeciles.
Ummm...

Consider, if you will, the forum on which you are posting....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom