I’ll go there | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I’ll go there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll take a step further. This team runs the table? Not crazy to say they would, they have a real shot.

This UCONN back to back is the most impressive back to back since UCLA. Duke and Florida, essentially returned the same team. Neither lost 3 starters and their #6 (Joey) then RAN IT BACK FOR ANOTHER CHIP

I am obsessed with this team getting to #6. Matching NC, passing Puke and having the most in the 64 team - 3 point line era

Duke and NC would 5 since 1980. KY has 3. UCLA only 1 (Toby Bailey). UCONN SIX

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Yeah, but I doubt there will ever be a more devastating one-two punch than what we saw last year when we had Sanogo with Clingan giving him a rest.

The opposition had to deal with a physical double-double machine then, while he was resting, in came a matchup nightmare.
You need to go back to Bill Walton and Swen Nater for a comparison.

Reaction Score
Great point. Freeman created zero on offense. Also Souley and Saunders provided little punch off the bench. Mouring was streaky. Maaaaybe Rash Jones in spots. But that offense was Rip, El Amin and patchwork the rest.

The '99 team ran the best half court offense that we've seen until the last two years, but it was definitely centered around getting shots for two or three guys.

They were better on the break than this team. Freeman didn't score over 12 per game that season just on garbage man put-backs. He ran the floor like an animal and was an elite finisher. I think you underrate Saunders' and Mouring's contributions on offense.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This thread is concerning. Let’s just beat St Johns tonight. Pitino already started his mind games with the Covid comment post game. Soriano looks like he is playing with more energy. Seton Hall was no match for them. All I know is that for some reason I feel nervous about this game. But I will admit I was always nervous before games until last year and this year. I hope we come out hot from three. If this were the second game the Garden would have been crazier than it will be. That may work to our advantage.

Reaction Score
ive been posting since July that this would be the best passing, highest IQ team we've ever had.. I knew what we had in Cam Spencer (check my posts). Hassan has been bonus surprise. Setting big east tourney record for most assists speaks volumes...
You don't have a lot of posts, so I did check...and you certainly have been saying it....like A LOT. Like you're afraid we'll forget you said it, or you've got a bet you're worried you might not cash in on if it's not acknowledged. So here I am acknowledging it

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are a bad shooting night from going home. That's not changing.

Reaction Score
Need to get off to a better start, down a couple early ok but let’s not put ourselves in a 15-2 or 10-0 hole not that we can’t get out of it just don’t wanna make a habit of it.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Need to get off to a better start, down a couple early ok but let’s not put ourselves in a 15-2 or 10-0 hole not that we can’t get out of it just don’t wanna make a habit of it.
Yes, we do not.

Still, what kind of a psych is it for competitors to still feel seriously threatened when they are up 10?

Reaction Score
I forgot to post this yesterday after the game, but unofficially yesterday we hit the highest KenPom adjEM we've ever had (data goes back to fall '98). We went down a bit today after the game, but our offense went up. We've also never finished a season #1 in adjO on KenPom, but we're a full point per 100 clear of next highest as of right now.

Reaction Score
We're eight wins away from comparing this year's team to '99 or '04. But, if the season ends undefeated from here, that certainly becomes a discussion that we can and will have.
Did I say eight more wins? I meant seven.

Reaction Score
Haven’t been following- is he balling?
Ninth in scoring at 22.7 ppg. Second in rebounding at 12.5 rpg. Seventh in field goal % at 62.8. He's basically doing the same to the G League as he did to the NCAA. Just dropped 18 points and 14 boards tonight.

Reaction Score
He was really unstoppable last year. Esp once that set shot 3 started dropping. His slow pump fake into the blow by at the top of the key worked every time too.

Reaction Score
It took me a while to come around to the fact that this team is better than last year, but I got there - probably sometime in February. I can’t imagine many people disagree at this point. I’ll go a step further now. I know it’s blasphemy around here to say any team is better than 2004, but IF we win it this year, I’m on board with this being our best team ever.

So, who’s with me?

The 1999 team actually stands as our Platinum standard. 34 wins, and only 2 loses, both when we were less than fully healthy. In the one loss by 17 to Syracuse we were down both Rip and Jake. Our best player and our starting center. Furthermore, we also pulled off winning the Big East Regular Season Title, the BET Title and the National Championship... by beating a Duke team for the that was being considered as an all-time great team. And as good as this year's team is, it is a stretch to think they would be able to beat that 1998-1999 Duke team.

I love this year's team, particularly because it is the best offensive team we have ever had. They are truly a joy to watch. But to put this team above the 1999 team? The facts say no.

Reaction Score
I'll take a step further. This team runs the table? Not crazy to say they would, they have a real shot.

This UCONN back to back is the most impressive back to back since UCLA. Duke and Florida, essentially returned the same team. Neither lost 3 starters and their #6 (Joey) then RAN IT BACK FOR ANOTHER CHIP

I am obsessed with this team getting to #6. Matching NC, passing Puke and having the most in the 64 team - 3 point line era

Duke and NC would 5 since 1980. KY has 3. UCLA only 1 (Toby Bailey). UCONN SIX

We got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member