#HuskyUp: Stepping Up with Proxy Season's Passes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#HuskyUp: Stepping Up with Proxy Season's Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My biggest concern is making sure the people who win these tix actually attend the games. I'm open to suggestions on how to make sure that happens. Every game I attend I'm in my seat in time to watch the team warm up, and I stay until the game ends (first clues for the future winners). Maybe I can have them hold up a sign or something during the pre-game and 4th quarter and fellow BYers can confirm they saw it. That shouldn't be too much of a hassle for free season's tix, right? Thanks.
I would start off mailing them tix for BYU. They have to put pics of them in their seats on Facebook and Twitter... Then they get the next set of tix, and so on.

Reaction Score
I've only been a UCONN alum for 3 short months and I'm already having withdrawals !!! As one of the feature twirlers with the UCONN Marching Band, I've attended every home football game for the past FOUR years. Four years is a long time. Saturdays were created to spend in the Rent, with my best friends cheering for our team, and singing the fight song proudly even when we lost. I can't imagine a Fall without football, UCONN football. Which is why even tho I now live in central Jersey for work ( ew the real world) , my best friend and I have made a pact to attend every game. We'll be the crazy alums with face paint and jerseys on cheering loudly for our team. We would be grateful for the opportunity to represent you and your wife as super fans!!!!GO HUSKIES!!!!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
The word is getting out. I've received several excellent submissions for the tix and look forward to receiving more from worthy candidates over the next week or so. For those new to the Boneyard, all you need to do is click on my handle "cttxus" in the signature block to the left and start a conversation with me. Just tell me how and why you would best represent my wife and I at the games. Thanks to everyone on this board for helping to spread the word. Go Huskies, and #HuskyUp!

cttxus

Reaction Score
In the spirit of Shark Week and the immortal words of Jaws' star Roy Scheider, "I think you're going to need a bigger boat", I think I may need a bigger wallet to accommodate all the great responses I've received to the season's passes offer. I love the quality and creativeness of the notes I've received so far, most of which have come from young alums and/or good friends of UConn, but choosing only 2 people to award the tickets to is going to be tough. Suggestions are welcomed.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Living in TX it's not practical to purchase season's tickets for my wife and I, even though I'd love to go to all Husky home games this year. So the thought crossed my mind that I can do the next best thing. In the spirit of #HuskyUp, I'm going to purchase 2 season's tickets and donate them to some deserving people who can be our "proxy" Husky fans. Before moving to TX in 1996 I would go to as many home games as I could. With that in mind, I'm offering 2 complimentary season's passes (Preferred seating) to two people who most accurately reflect the things I value and the things I would do as a season ticket holder on game day. Message me here and I will pick the two winners a week before opening day. Go Huskies and #HuskyUp!

One of the best threads started in my time on The Boneyard. Well done, cttxus. You've earned a lifetime of "likes" from me. I love classy gestures like this. Your parents did good my friend.

cttxus

Reaction Score
As an example of the noteworthy submissions I've received thus far, I present the following with permission of the submitter. This is his/her idea of how I my wife and I would spend game day at the Rent . . .
  • Wake up on a beautiful, cold Saturday morning on December 6th. SMU is the last home game of the season. We win this game and we're 12-0. We win this game, and we most likely will still not be selected for the 4-team Playoff. But I digress, this isn't about politics.
  • I walk down the hall to the bathroom. I stare in the mirror. I stare out the window. There's snow on the ground - perfect.
  • I decide to keep my 4 month-old victory beard going. Its currently at my nipples. Long, brown/gray beauty. I tie 3 rubber bands into it like Dumbledore.
  • I packed the truck the night before - so the only thing I need to pack is myself, my friends (a few, might I add, are females. Husky fan females. Jackpot), and the meat of course.
  • We drive to the Rent.
  • I park.
  • I realize we're the only ones here. I then look at the clock - its 3:37am.
  • I build a fire with flint, nearby brush from a bush, and a bench from outside of Cabelas. It is warm.
  • We quickly burn through our barbecue ribs, burgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, and my friend's horse meat (He always cooks the meat of the opposing team's mascot during tailgating. The Pirates and Black Knights tasted horrible).
  • I stand outside of Cabelas until it opens - I buy buffalo burgers. Excellent choice. Colorado is the #1 seed in the Playoff and our likely opponent. I pack them away.
  • I buy regular burgers. Still an excellent choice.
  • Finally other Husky fans begin to arrive. The tailgating goes great. Great fun, great food, great friends, great beer, and great weather. Its a little chilly, but the weather was never meant for a Texas mustang anyway.
  • It is soon time to enter the stadium. The Rent.
  • We made it.
  • I sit down.
  • The game begins. The opening kickoff goes to SMU. The first play from scrimmage is a deep ball towards the sidelines. Obi picks it off. Runs it back to the house. 6-0.
  • We then keep the pressure on with Max and Cochran - quickly the game is put out of reach. Its 34-13. We win.
  • I am happier than an Alabama football player on a payday.
  • It is the best day in the world - we win the AAC and we *fingers crossed* take a spot in the Playoff.
  • Both the ACC and the Big10 commissioners arrive to the Rent and offer us spots in their leagues.
  • I drive home. I sleep.
  • I wake up - we secured a spot in the Playoff. I break down in hysterical happiness.
Epic. Thank you. :cool:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's awesome. I would love to read some of the entries that you're getting! If you decide to assemble any form of selection panel, I humbly submit my name to be on the committee.

Reaction Score
As an example of the noteworthy submissions I've received thus far, I present the following with permission of the submitter. This is his/her idea of how I my wife and I would spend game day at the Rent . . .
  • Wake up on a beautiful, cold Saturday morning on December 6th. SMU is the last home game of the season. We win this game and we're 12-0. We win this game, and we most likely will still not be selected for the 4-team Playoff. But I digress, this isn't about politics.
  • I walk down the hall to the bathroom. I stare in the mirror. I stare out the window. There's snow on the ground - perfect.
  • I decide to keep my 4 month-old victory beard going. Its currently at my nipples. Long, brown/gray beauty. I tie 3 rubber bands into it like Dumbledore.
  • I packed the truck the night before - so the only thing I need to pack is myself, my friends (a few, might I add, are females. Husky fan females. Jackpot), and the meat of course.
  • We drive to the Rent.
  • I park.
  • I realize we're the only ones here. I then look at the clock - its 3:37am.
  • I build a fire with flint, nearby brush from a bush, and a bench from outside of Cabelas. It is warm.
  • We quickly burn through our barbecue ribs, burgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, and my friend's horse meat (He always cooks the meat of the opposing team's mascot during tailgating. The Pirates and Black Knights tasted horrible).
  • I stand outside of Cabelas until it opens - I buy buffalo burgers. Excellent choice. Colorado is the #1 seed in the Playoff and our likely opponent. I pack them away.
  • I buy regular burgers. Still an excellent choice.
  • Finally other Husky fans begin to arrive. The tailgating goes great. Great fun, great food, great friends, great beer, and great weather. Its a little chilly, but the weather was never meant for a Texas mustang anyway.
  • It is soon time to enter the stadium. The Rent.
  • We made it.
  • I sit down.
  • The game begins. The opening kickoff goes to SMU. The first play from scrimmage is a deep ball towards the sidelines. Obi picks it off. Runs it back to the house. 6-0.
  • We then keep the pressure on with Max and Cochran - quickly the game is put out of reach. Its 34-13. We win.
  • I am happier than an Alabama football player on a payday.
  • It is the best day in the world - we win the AAC and we *fingers crossed* take a spot in the Playoff.
  • Both the ACC and the Big10 commissioners arrive to the Rent and offer us spots in their leagues.
  • I drive home. I sleep.
  • I wake up - we secured a spot in the Playoff. I break down in hysterical happiness.
Epic. Thank you. :cool:

12-0?

I thought HuskyfanDan97 already had season tix . :cool:

cttxus

Reaction Score
THANK YOU to another popular BY poster who yesterday graciously donated an additional 2 "Top of The Rent" season tickets (no parking) to compliment my offer of the 2 preferred seats. I'd like to call out his/her BY handle but haven't heard back from them if they're ok with that yet. I'm grateful and I'm sure the deserving recipient(s) will be as well. It's a good thing, too, because the number and quality of submissions I've received so far make choosing one winner nearly impossible. Winners of all 4 season's tix will be determined within the next week. #HuskyUp!

cttxus

Reaction Score
LAST CALL today for submissions for the complimentary season's passes. Just message me at cttxus on this board. Judging of all the entries will commence this evening and winners will be notified soon afterwards. Thank you to all who've submitted entries so far. Well done and #HuskyUp!

cttxus

Reaction Score
Quick update on the proxy ticket contest. Two sets of season's passes have been awarded to very appreciative recipients as of today. At least one other set should be awarded very soon. Many thanks to the two BYers and spouse(s) who stepped up with the tickets! You're literally creating new Husky football fans and even helping with some challenging life circumstances. I'm hoping some of the recipients will post pictures of their tailgating and game experiences, and maybe even hook up with some other BYers at the games. More to come later. BTW, if anyone else cares to donate any type of tickets please PM me ASAP. There are still several contest entrants remaining that could use the tix. Thanks again and #HuskyUp!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Quick update on the proxy ticket contest. Two sets of season's passes have been awarded to very appreciative recipients as of today. At least one other set should be awarded very soon. Many thanks to the two BYers and spouse(s) who stepped up with the tickets! You're literally creating new Husky football fans and even helping with some challenging life circumstances. I'm hoping some of the recipients will post pictures of their tailgating and game experiences, and maybe even hook up with some other BYers at the games. More to come later. BTW, if anyone else cares to donate any type of tickets please PM me ASAP. There are still several contest entrants remaining that could use the tix. Thanks again and #HuskyUp!

Awesome job, cttxus. Just like our Huskies adapting a team-first mentality, this shows a similar team-first mentality from the fanbase! We were together during the last few difficult seasons and now it is time to #HuskyUp together. Here's to hoping we can all enjoy some enjoyable days/nights this fall!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom