#HuskyUp 2015 Summer Roster Preview & Notes | The Boneyard

#HuskyUp 2015 Summer Roster Preview & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A comprehensive analysis of where the team stands compliments of the one and only HFD:

QB: 3 Scholarships, 3Walk-on’s-Shirreffs (RS JR)-Boyle (SO)

-Davis (RS FR)-Ecke (WO)

-Bisack (WO)

-Rishell (WO)RB: 4 Scholarships, 2 Walk-on’s-Delorenzo (RS SR)-Marriner(RS SO)-Newsome (SO)-Johnson (SO)

-Weyrauch(WO)

-Thompson (WO)FB: 2 Scholarships, 1 Walk on-Clax(RS JR)-Walsh(JR or RS SO)-Haendler(WO)C: 2 Scholarships-Bockeloh(RS JR)-Oak (RS FR)LG: 3 Scholarship, 1 Walk on-Schafenacker (RS SO)

-Rysilk (FR-signed)

-Peart (FR-signed)-Vechery(WO)LT:4 Scholarships, 1 Walk on-Levy (RS JR)-Hopkins(RS SO)

-Hashemi (RS FR)

-Cespedes (FR-signed)-Murphy(WO)RG: 3 Scholarships, 1 Walk on-Samra (SR)-Rugg(RS JR)

-Crozier (SO or RS FR)-Basilica (WO)RT: 4 Scholarships-Gifford(RS SR)-Nwokeji(RS SR)-Knappe(RS JR)-Rutherford (SO)LS: 1 Scholarship, 1 Walk on-Manco(RS JR)

-Bedell (WO)WR: 7 Scholarships, 4 Walk-on’s-Green(RS JR)-Thomas(RS SO)-Lucas(RS SO)-Lemelle(RS SO)

-McLean (FR-signed)

-Battle (FR-signed)

-Mayala (FR-signed)-Tully(WO)

-Coney (WO)

-Feagles (WO)

-Sullivan (WO)

-Bogue (WO)

Slot: 2 Scholarship, 1 Walk on-Bradley (SO)

-Beals (FR-signed)-Vitale (WO)TE: 5 Scholarships, 1 Walkon-Mcquillian(RS SR)-Myers(RS SO)-Boland(RS SO)-Bloom(SO)

-Campbell (FR-signed)

-Lee (FR-signed)

-Holman (FR-signed)

-Lensander (WO)DT: 6 Scholarships, 2 Walk-on’s

-Campenni(RS SO)-Adeyemi(RS SO)-Myers(RS JR)-Fatuksi(RS SO)

-Murphy (FR-signed)

-Blackwell (FR-signed)-Marinan(WO)

-Tabur (WO)DE:5 Scholarships, 2 Walk-on’s-Stevens(RS SO)-Stapleton(RS FR)-Lawley(RS FR)-Atkins(RS FR)

-Okounam (FR-signed)

-Sowa (WO)

-Pacholec (WO)OLB: 10 Scholarships, 2 Walk-on’s-Vann(RS SR)-Stephens(RS JR)-Ormsby(RS SO)-Britton(RS FR)-Diggs(SO)-Carrezola(SO)

-Williams (FR-signed)

-Richardson (FR-signed)

-Freeborn (FR-signed)

-Parker (FR-signed)

-Gallaer (WO)

-R. Williams (WO)ILB: 4 Scholarships, 1 Walk on-Stewart(RS SR)-Ashiru(RS SR)-Hicks(RS JR)-Joseph(RS SO)

-Dexter (WO)C: 6 Scholarships, 3 Walk-on’s-Williams(RS JR)-Hadley(RS SO)-Summers(SO)-Watkins(RS FR)

-Mcallister(SO)

-Garland (FR-signed)-Martinez(WO)

-Highsmith (WO)

-Moore (WO)S: 6 Scholarships, 2 Walk-on’s-Lee(RS SR)-Melifonwu(RS JR)-Floyd(RS JR)-Marder(RS JR)

-Terry (FR-signed)

-Robinson (FR-signed)

-Bivona (WO)

-Claflin (WO)K/P: 3 Scholarships, 2 Walk-on’s-Puyol(RS JR)-Wain(RS JR)

-Tarbutt (FR-signed)

-Briley (WO)

-Paulch (WO)

Scholarship Players- 80

Walk-on’s- 31

Notes:

1) As you can see, we have 11 to many Walk-on’s listed. This is all the new ones from this year’s class plus all the ones who could potentially be coming back from last year’s roster. This will end up at 20 but it’s too early to know who will not be returning from this group. So for now we will list them all and not speculate. I have also heard we are possibly looking at a RB from St. Joes in Trumbull and an OL from Hartford as PWO’s as well.
2) The OL positions need some fixing, I have several guys I’m sure listed in the wrong positions. Any help to figure out the spread is appreciated. I sort of lost track of what positions these guys were playing as HCBD shuffled so many spots during the year.
3) When I made the roster I ended up coming 5 short of 85. If we don’t get any transfers in or put any Walk-on’s on scholarship then they are for note #4…
4) The 2016 class will be small as of right now. We can always expect some attrition but for now we are chasing 18 at least (# could be effected by note #3). If you guys and gals find a couple open slots on this roster then add them to this number for starters. Included in the class will definitely be a QB, RB, TE, Slot WR, WR1, Punter, 2 ILB, 2 C and a DE.
5) RS FR vs SO, it’s something to pay attention to. HCBD played a lot of kids the first 6 games knowing that he could shut them down before game 7 and get a RS out of them still based off NCAA rules. I think I saw 5ish kids are getting RS’s officially somewhere, we shall see…
6) Do not factor out that we may continue to leave Scholarships 84 and 85 open every year unless we can truly fill them with game changers recruit wise in a class. Leaving those open covers the cost of the stipend. It’s something most schools will never admit, but it helps those schools who could use some pennies saved for other things in the program.
7) Hartwick was a verbal for the TE position. Unfortunately he got hurt this year. HCBD offered him a gray shirt year to get him on campus and recover from his injury while being with the team. If he makes it to campus his scholarship will not count towards the total and his 5 years to play 4 will also not be touched during the GS year. It’s also very possible he decides to go to a prep or juco for a year then reopen his recruitment. We will have to monitor the situation.
8) 25 official visits, 22 signed. Great percentage. What we learned is that HCBD does not just give out official visits like other schools do, you have to earn that and he closes when he gets them. Or he saves it for the end of the year after the player is a verbal. It’s a solid strategy. Most of our signed recruits visited multiple times in the summer/fall and attended at least 1 game this past fall. It’s clear that long-term HCBD plans on having his classes’ wrapped up early in the process or at least a high percentage of each class. In the past as a program we have had some wild signing days and have basically become accustom to late ads. This year we didn’t have that scramble. We lost 2 good looking recruits to other schools but didn’t flinch. That tells us that the chats the staff has go so deep with quality players and they have a line they won’t cross to fill slots vs potential in a player. They showed that the reach they are willing to go is only so far, so with that in mind it is somewhat encouraging that they see talent just like the middle to bottom of the p5 and AAC schools on a measurable scale whatever that may be. While a bummer, its somewhat insuring that schools tried and sometimes successfully poached our commits, it confirms our scouting eye.
9) 2 more Canadian kids in this class. I like it. We don’t need to start flying to Canada. These kids and most from past classes have all been in the north east region in private and prep schools. Most of these prospects are projects because the level of competition and coach knowledge where they came from is weak compared to the US. That type of prospect is what we do great with based on past results and I think that sell job becomes something we can really deliver on to these recruits. Let’s keep this pipeline going,
10) It was a strong year in CT when you combine the public and prep school recruits going BCS. We struggled, hopefully it gets better in time. I love getting CT and NYC/NE kids but it’s going to be a slow hill to climb all things considered. 2016 looks to be a 12-18 prospect deep class for BCS at this point already. Should get interesting quick.

Reaction Score
Was the OP copy and pasted from HFD? That was tough to read and it/didnt/have/all/those/slashes.

And the notion that you can play kids up until game 7 and preserve their RS has been tossed around here for a while but it's simply not true. You play one snap, your RS is toast unless it's a medical situation (possible for Carrezola I suppose).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where can one read the posting stylings of HFD these days. Other then some factual errors and what I hope is wild speculation about 84/85 that was a decent read.

Reaction Score
Where can one read the posting stylings of HFD these days. Other then some factual errors and what I hope is wild speculation about 84/85 that was a decent read.
He was on the USCHO hockey fan forum antagonizing fans from other HE schools (he was on there up to a month or 2 ago)...but he seems to have disappeared...he may have been banned not too sure. Like a fine wine or scotch whiskey he seems to have gotten better with age...LOL.

Reaction Score
I think the staff separates Crozier and Samra at OG, and both end up starting.
I am curious to see if Green moves back to WR or stays at corner
I believe Ashiru is gone, no?
It'll be intersting to see where Hashemi is slotted.
I believe Fatukasi is a DE and Stapleton an OLB
I believe Ormsby is a DE (and allowed to eat)
At LB, I believe Vann lines up inside and Graham outside
I believe HCBD said we have 82 schollies, so that leaves 23 walk-ons. With PWO status, that means only 15 (presuming he gets his 8 PWOs) of the above will have a spot.

As for recent signees, there are a number of players who could end up in very differnt slots (Parker at DE, Holman at DE, Ryslik at DT, Lee at OT, etc., etc.)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Haendler wasn't on the team this past year.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I believe HCBD said we have 82 schollies, so that leaves 23 walk-ons. With PWO status, that means only 15 (presuming he gets his 8 PWOs) of the above will have a spot.

As for recent signees, there are a number of players who could end up in very differnt slots (Parker at DE, Holman at DE, Ryslik at DT, Lee at OT, etc., etc.)

What happened to Schafanacker? I thought he was one of the more highly recruited OL at the time and yet he has been pretty much invisible?
Any insider info?

Reaction Score
These guys got a lot of practice last year in Game situations. It was a good prep for this year. A mobile QB can cure a lot of pain. That's my optimism for today.

Reaction Score

Ashiru is gone and living in Brian Koontz's attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom