Husky history - Shabazz Napier sophomore season highlights | The Boneyard

Husky history - Shabazz Napier sophomore season highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks @HuskyNan. Great highlights. You have to love Shabazz. A true warrior. Three straight seasons of 35+ minutes per game. Only limited by his size. There’s no way he’s 6 feet tall, but the guy was a gamer. Two championships. Unlimited heart. Thanks for the memories!
And he was a few inches taller the RB . Those guys were junkyard dogs.
When they got it together opposing guards required psychological therapy to be able to play again .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Incredibly underrated. I know I read an article back then explaining how good Bazz was in all of these advanced stats. When he was a junior. I can't find it now, I thought it was on Grantland.

Reaction Score
The irony is, at least from my memory, he was pretty maddening his soph year. Poor shot selection, gambled on D too much. He was blasted here more than a few times that year. His Junior year with Ollie is when there was marked turn in his play.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The irony is, at least from my memory, he was pretty maddening his soph year. Poor shot selection, gambled on D too much. He was blasted here more than a few times that year. His Junior year with Ollie is when there was marked turn in his play.

That team had so much potential and SO MANY problems. Bazz definitely deserved some of that blast, so did Calhoun and his mishandling of the Drummond/Oriakhi dynamic.

Reaction Score
That team had so much potential and SO MANY problems. Bazz definitely deserved some of that blast, so did Calhoun and his mishandling of the Drummond/Oriakhi dynamic.

For sure... Not JCs best coaching job.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It was a pretty tough one to figure out. Having the #1 player in the country thrown at you in the last hour and trying to make him fit with a center that one a NC the year before is a doozy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can we admit now that Drummond wasn't worth the trouble?

Reaction Score
Can we admit now that Drummond wasn't worth the trouble?

The timing was just a problem and it killed the vibe. I think we were misled into thinking he was a more versatile player than he actually was.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think Oriakhi's problem at the time wasn't Drummond so much as he was losing minutes to Tyler Olander, which may have reflected who was working harder in practice, but didn't really help anyone on the court.

Reaction Score
I think Oriakhi's problem at the time wasn't Drummond so much as he was losing minutes to Tyler Olander, which may have reflected who was working harder in practice, but didn't really help anyone on the court.

My memory is that they were redundant since neither were overly useful in a half court set. We didn't really have anyone who could play the 3 overly well and Roscoe was the most common guy there. Another guy who was fairly useless in the half court.

Reaction Score
His run in the West Virginia BET game will always be one of my favorite Shabazz moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom