Husky History - Gabby to Phee vs Maryland | The Boneyard

Husky History - Gabby to Phee vs Maryland

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Those were the "good ol days." UConn WBB was must see basketball back then (and still is). They were all fun to watch every game. I loved watching Gabby control the game from both ends of the floor. Gabby had that unique sprint down the floor she developed from high jumping. She also became a very good passer before she went pro. I still try to watch her whenever a Seattle Storm game is broadcast locally. :cool:

In other news.......They're back!!

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
By my count there were 11 current or former WNBA players in that game.

UConn: Samuelson, Nurse, Williams, Collier, Chong, Dangerfield

Maryland: Destiny Slocum, Brionna Jones, Stephanie Jones, Kaila Charles, S. Walker-Kimbrough

That Maryland team was very good, 32-3 overall. Saw them in Bridgeport that year in the Regional Semi-finals against Oregon, who was led by first year standout Sabrina Ionescu. The game was at noon, I think, and Maryland did not come ready to play. Oregon smoked them, only to then get smoked themselves by UConn in the Regional Finals.

Reaction Score
This will be Azzi's time to shine. She has had 2 frustrating years of misfortune that has taken her ability to really score and help the Huskies. Azzi will now show the Uconn universe what she is capable of and what we fans knew she could do. Paige is Paige ,but I believe Azzi will be the leading scorer for Uconn with Aaliyah and Paige right behind. I also FIRMLY believe that all starters will have a 20+ point games and the bench will score 30% of our total points. Azzi deserves every accolade she will get this year and it's about time Azzi gets a break.Azzi will have her first NC and I hope she stays for her Covid year and 2 more NCs. GO AZZI!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Azzi doesn't have a covid year, but just one more after this season. Paige has a covid year, so we will wait to see what happens with her.

Reaction Score
Yes, this is the Great Garbage Can Barf game

This team was so special. I was worried when Tuck didn’t take her optional fifth-year, but who knew 5’11 Gabby and 6’1 Napheesa would be the country’s best frontcourt?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom