Huskies vs. Terrapins | The Boneyard

Huskies vs. Terrapins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The biggest difference for the Huskies will be the confidence that Breanna and Morgan are playing with. Also, Bria is being much more aggressive. Breanna has become much more comfortable and is finishing after contact. Morgan's knee seems to be much better, and she's proving to be the player everyone thought she would be. Bria has a much more aggressive attitude, and her ability to take the ball to the basket, pull up in the lane and hit the two, and nailing it from beyond the arc will only lead to great things. Connecticut 71 - Maryland 59. A close game will be a positive for Connecticut as they move into the later rounds.

Reaction Score
I also hope that KML will be able play the whole game and not just the first half like she did in the first meeting. If you like the beauty of smooth offensive execution then this will not be the game for you. This will be a scrappy brawl, with hard fouls, grabbing and pushing in which both defenses will dominate. At the end of the day the Huskies get the better of the Terps and win a relatively close game 67-50.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I predict..........

.........................a second helping of turtle soup !!!

turtle-soup.jpg

Reaction Score
Several things concern me about Maryland:
(1) After blitzing Mich St -- one of the few drama-free games last night -- the Terps will be playing with confidence.
(2) Say what you will about Frese, but her teams fight. They won't be intimidated, and they wont give up. Would rather not have a team push us until the very end -- cant feel super confident about our ability to pull a game out late.
(3) They were among UConn's toughest victories this season.
(4) While depth is a problem for them, they will be well rested having played at home last night and 4 days between games.

Reaction Score
Probably because I'm a worrier, but I am concerned by how well Alyssa Thomas has been playing in the tournament. She ripped apart Michigan State.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Several things concern me about Maryland:
(1) After blitzing Mich St -- one of the few drama-free games last night -- the Terps will be playing with confidence.
(2) Say what you will about Frese, but her teams fight. They won't be intimidated, and they wont give up. Would rather not have a team push us until the very end -- cant feel super confident about our ability to pull a game out late.
(3) They were among UConn's toughest victories this season.
(4) While depth is a problem for them, they will be well rested having played at home last night and 4 days between games.

I think both teams are going to be improved over what we saw before. The Terps have had a lot of time to digest the lack of depth and adjust to the loss of their PG as best they can. And they will be rested, as you say. And playing well.

We have gotten through the February doldrums and, I think, learned from some of the really physical match-ups we had during the regular season, particularly the MD game. And having been through the tourney, more losses to ND - I think we have a little sharper edge now.

I'm thinking a similar winning margin for UCONN - around 15 pts - in a hard fought game that won't be quite as ugly/physical as the previous one. Still not to be confused with classic lawn tennis, however.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Probably because I'm a worrier, but I am concerned by how well Alyssa Thomas has been playing in the tournament. She ripped apart Michigan State.

I hear what you're saying, but if there's one thing that the Huskies have always schemed well, it's keying on that *one* star player and making life hell. We won't stop her but it should still be a long night for her.

Teams that have multiple weapons are scarier.........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maryland's best wins this season were against #24-25 ranked Nebraska and FSU. It lost twice to UNC and twice to Duke and needed overtime to beat Wake Forest in the ACC tournament. MSU is not a very good team. Geno will have the team prepared.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Id imagine a turtle burger would taste alot better than turtle soup... perhaps a bacon turtle burger would be even better ;)

Reaction Score
I suppose turning to cannibalism on each other in the ACC shouldn't be so shocking after the way you've cannibalized the Big East...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maryland's best wins this season were against #24-25 ranked Nebraska and FSU. It lost twice to UNC and twice to Duke and needed overtime to beat Wake Forest in the ACC tournament. MSU is not a very good team. Geno will have the team prepared.

For whatever its worth Maryland other good win was a 30 point beatdown of #3 seed UNC. They also have a good win over Delaware.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
For whatever its worth Maryland other good win was a 30 point beatdown of #3 seed UNC. They also have a good win over Delaware.

Maryland beat UNC by 30 at Chapel Hill and then proceeds to lose to the same team by 24 at home. How does that happen?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maryland beat UNC by 30 at Chapel Hill and then proceeds to lose to the same team by 24 at home. How does that happen?

What?? Maryland thumped the tarheels in College Park. Lost close games at Chapel Hill and in the ACC Tourney.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Did they lose their PG in the interim? Still crazy even if they did

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is gross!!!

I agree... its not the most appealing looking burger.... but imagine it covered with a nice soft bun... a good slab of mayo.... lettuce , tomato, and onions..... and wow..... i bet its quite tasty.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What?? Maryland thumped the tarheels in College Park. Lost close games at Chapel Hill and in the ACC Tourney.

You're correct, of course. I should know better. Back to my point: this Maryland team has yet to beat a really good team this year. Maybe things will change in the Sweet Sixteen, but I don't think so.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In a flashback to 2007-11, #23 will demonstrate again that she is the best player on the court. Kaleena was playing at a different level against Idaho and Vandy. I look for her to outplay Thomas. This tournament is the Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis show.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Thomas will play better, but I look for our frosh to step up. They have no answer for Morgan's versatility, Moriah will harass the guards, and Stewie will play like the best frosh in the nation. Our All-Americans, Stef and Kaleena, will dominate. Our pressure defense will pluck the Terps.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Speaking of conferences cannibalizing each other or themselves. There are strong rumors here in central PA from a couple of sources who've been pretty accurate before that the B1G is coming after more ACC teams. If the reports are accurate it will shake the ACC to its very core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom