Huskies Putting In That Summer Work!!! | The Boneyard

Huskies Putting In That Summer Work!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
KK is going to break a lot of hearts and ankles with that "wicked" crossover this coming season. I know at least two players that are going to have a chip on their shoulder this year after having to sit out the entire season last year. :D Put in that work now ladies. That European tour (and those 4 exhibition games) will be here before you know it.

Reaction Score
KK is going to break a lot of hearts and ankles with that "wicked" crossover this coming season. I know at least two players that are going to have a chip on their shoulder this year after having to sit out the entire season last year. :D Put in that work now ladies. That European tour (and those 4 exhibition games) will be here before you know it.
Most definitely !!! that crossover is very similar to Kyrie Erving's quick and tight and El Afly looks to be very aggressive as well now if can just remain healthy we might just cause some problems....any videos of Qadence or Shade at practice?

Reaction Score
Most definitely !!! that crossover is very similar to Kyrie Erving's quick and tight and El Afly looks to be very aggressive as well now if can just remain healthy we might just cause some problems....any videos of Qadence or Shade at practice?
Staying healthy is the key for sure.

Reaction Score
I wish everyone would stop harping on health. Don’t you recognize a jinx when you see one? How many musicals have taught us you shouldn’t give a name to the thing you fear — just whistle a happy tune as you walk past it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wish everyone would stop harping on health. Don’t you recognize a jinx when you see one? How many musicals have taught us you shouldn’t give a name to the thing you fear — just whistle a happy tune as you walk past it.
Kinda like when you're walking "briskly" past/through a graveyard.........in the wee hours of the morning? ...........and all of a sudden you get the feeling ......you're not alone? :eek:

1686766636086.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
there is no such thing as a jinx, luck which is the residue of design it's called life and in life, things happen all you can do is prepare for the unexpected. I have no expectations for injuries to our ladies this year but I'm sure a veteran coach like Geno will have his team prepared for anything life may throw its way including whether the team has injuries or naw...so stop being scared of words and just hope we are ready for whatever may or may happen and that prep will lead to another NC.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I know you meant to have Azzi between PB and AE. But for some reason you can't use her initials, it gets dropped off.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Our site owner would rather people type out names instead of using initials. Many people don’t know who you’re talking about and if someone is searching for news on, say, Paige they won’t be searching for PB.

And Azzi’s initials are used to get around the profanity filter so it’s not allowed. It’s used like, “it’s a mess. It’s crazy as All (bad word not allowed here that begins with f)”. It’s a texting obscenity

Reaction Score
Speaking of the bench, it turns out Amari was suffering from a herniated disk and had surgery last month to address it.

Reaction Score
Speaking of the bench, it turns out Amari was suffering from a herniated disk and had surgery last month to address it.

That explains why she always seemed to walk and run so gingerly last year. Prayfully she can fully recover and return with a vengeance...speaking of vengeance I'm here watching my Yankees against the Mets (tied 1-1) and ESPN keeps showing its banner that Paige is soon to be cleared for all activities my question is if she is not cleared yet why are there videos of her participating with the team in summer workout? I don't wanna stress but who has the last say, coaches, doctors, or Paige

Reaction Score
Paige says she has been cleared for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3. She's waiting to be cleared for 5v5 live action.

Reaction Score
That explains why she always seemed to walk and run so gingerly last year. Prayfully she can fully recover and return with a vengeance...speaking of vengeance I'm here watching my Yankees against the Mets (tied 1-1) and ESPN keeps showing its banner that Paige is soon to be cleared for all activities my question is if she is not cleared yet why are there videos of her participating with the team in summer workout? I don't wanna stress but who has the last say, coaches, doctors, or Paige

I don't think the Coaches have any say. The Doc says when she's ready. Once they say that, Paige ultimately decides if she's a go

Reaction Score
I think we are going to be very pleasantly surprised by what the new kids will bring to this team. Everyone expects KK to break a few ankles. But I suspect Ashlynn and Inês will make themselves indispensable before anyone realizes it. Those two are ball hawks, and they are relentless. Once they get comfortable, it will be hard for Geno to keep them off the floor. And Qadence -- who seems to be shrinking, by the way -- will occupy that all-important wing position, with a smooth outside shot (like Caroline) and a slashing rebound (like Aubrey), and a quick outlet pass. There's always a need for the long rangey kids who are just a step faster than the opponent expects.

Maybe their playing time will shrink once March rolls around and Geno's rotation contracts to the usual 5+2 or 5+3. But I have a feeling we'll see a lot of them in December and January.

Reaction Score
I think we are going to be very pleasantly surprised by what the new kids will bring to this team. Everyone expects KK to break a few ankles. But I suspect Ashlynn and Inês will make themselves indispensable before anyone realizes it. Those two are ball hawks, and they are relentless. Once they get comfortable, it will be hard for Geno to keep them off the floor. And Qadence -- who seems to be shrinking, by the way -- will occupy that all-important wing position, with a smooth outside shot (like Caroline) and a slashing rebound (like Aubrey), and a quick outlet pass. There's always a need for the long rangey kids who are just a step faster than the opponent expects.

Maybe their playing time will shrink once March rolls around and Geno's rotation contracts to the usual 5+2 or 5+3. But I have a feeling we'll see a lot of them in December and January.
I expect we will get to see a fair amount of everybody this year even if they don't make the big game rotation. Usually that is during the conference portion of the season, where we get a chance to see the end of the bench play a few minutes at the end of games. Last year was unusual because we didn't have a big roster to start with, had a ton of injuries, and because of that and a better than usual Big East competition, there were much fewer blow-outs.

This year the conference schedule is weaker. Several stars have graduated or transferred, and few top 100 recruits have been added. We have a much bigger roster, presumably much better health, and the end of the bench has very talented players, so it won't be like bringing in walk-ons or players that could lose a big lead in a hurry.

For that reason I hope Geno clears the bench much earlier than he normally does. We should have plenty of Big East blow-outs, can rest our stars some and let the bench gain experience and confidence. The third string is probably more likely to expand the lead than reduce it, so you don't need to wait until the last 2-3 minutes with a 30 point lead to put them in IMO.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you have read any of the posts in the Media thread, but Jana and Aaliyah will be leaving for their National teams
Both FIBA U19 and Americup occur in July. They're balancing their commitments which I commend them for.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
there is no such thing as a jinx, luck which is the residue of design it's called life and in life, things happen all you can do is prepare for the unexpected. I have no expectations for injuries to our ladies this year but I'm sure a veteran coach like Geno will have his team prepared for anything life may throw its way including whether the team has injuries or naw...so stop being scared of words and just hope we are ready for whatever may or may happen and that prep will lead to another NC.
Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

Star Wars Doom GIF

Reaction Score
I expect we will get to see a fair amount of everybody this year even if they don't make the big game rotation. Usually that is during the conference portion of the season, where we get a chance to see the end of the bench play a few minutes at the end of games. Last year was unusual because we didn't have a big roster to start with, had a ton of injuries, and because of that and a better than usual Big East competition, there were much fewer blow-outs.

This year the conference schedule is weaker. Several stars have graduated or transferred, and few top 100 recruits have been added. We have a much bigger roster, presumably much better health, and the end of the bench has very talented players, so it won't be like bringing in walk-ons or players that could lose a big lead in a hurry.

For that reason I hope Geno clears the bench much earlier than he normally does. We should have plenty of Big East blow-outs, can rest our stars some and let the bench gain experience and confidence. The third string is probably more likely to expand the lead than reduce it, so you don't need to wait until the last 2-3 minutes with a 30 point lead to put them in IMO.
Have a squad B like the men did when they’d put in Clingan, Alleyne, Joey C especially- also Diarra. The “B” players get real experience and soon are able to keep the offense humming but maybe in a different way or look tan the starters. Also, the starters get rested for their return back to the game. It sure worked for the men last year!

Reaction Score
Speaking of Amari DeBerry, anyone remember that pass she made while sitting on the floor to a UConn player behind her and on Amari's blind side? Who was that player by the way?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom