Huskies Move Up to 6th in AP Poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies Move Up to 6th in AP Poll

Reaction Score
The ultimate NC has to go thru SC or UConn.

I hope, for selfish reasons, that UConn gets placed in Greensboro, but I do understand the Bridgeport location would please most.

Although I remember a year where a good Uconn team lost in the Greensboro final - ugg.

Reaction Score
Massey's computer program is smarter than Mr. Creme. :p

View attachment 74104
Last couple of days I ran matchups from Massey of top 16 or so vs UCONN and only 3 teams come up with a higher % of beating UCONN. The closest % was Baylor (not L'ville) 59%-41%.

A big part of my argument a couple of days ago was UCONN not being a 2 seed though. Now they are. So at least that has happened.

I also hated SC being forced to play UCONN after being so dominant but now they lost again-- while for sure a number 1 seed it takes a little sting away for me by feeling slightly sorry for them if they faced us and lost. OFC I wouldn't give much a damn. But still my bones tell me this is a bit of BS for SC if UCONN dominates Nova and they have us in their region. It's not one bit that they are scared. It's that for a 1seed they should be given better.

IMO we would raise holy hell if a team like UCONN who could be easily put in other regions gets put in ours when we had a 1-2 loss season but clear number 1.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
If UCONN rolled through ALL of those teams, they would deserve the championship! And the same for any other team that managed to do it. That would be the definition of a gauntlet.

Reaction Score
Imagine this hypothetical: We (UConn) are the third ranked team in the country, NC State is sixth or seventh. UConn is sent 675 miles to a Greensboro Regional as the #1 seed, along with NC State (77 miles away) as the #2. The Boneyard would be howling (me too). A #1 seeded NC State does not deserve to be placed in a regional in the backyard of a lesser-seeded team.

Until the women's game attracts a NATIONAL audience (fannies in seats, not TV) this kind of inequity will prevail.
I still recall then UCONN Men's; team having to play Dean Smith and NC in NC and yet the game was going fine back then.
I doubt what you're saying will turn a National Audience just as it didn't turn the men downward. Sure-- improve it though. No problem with that.

Reaction Score
Nice ambition to be the best of the best, each opponent offering a different dimension. However, you can get two in the FF but the other three is impossible from Rd 1 through the regional final.

How about telling UConn to schedule all five for NCGs during the regular season?

Reaction Score
but, just for fun:

No. 1 SCar v No. 8 Iowa (Boston v. Clark)
No. 2 Stanford v. No. 7 Texas
No. 3 NC State v. No. 6 UConn in Bridgeport
Wow! After watching NC State's Cunane over the weekend I don't know if I am ready for that much fun!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
P5 is a football term. In basketball it's Major Conference and Mid-Major. Some schools, like Gonzaga, are Major Conference that have mid-majors in their conference.
Tomato Tomahto

Reaction Score
Why did South Carolina drop to #3. I believe that UConn at full strength is a final four team. Putting them in So. Carolina's bracket would only serve to deprive the nation of what could be a dynamic finals match-up.
The ESPN power rankings are essentially a “what have they done lately” snapshot of the season. They are not akin to the AP or Coaches polls.

Reaction Score
NET matters some.

AP, Coaches, ESPN power rankings. Creme’s Bracketology, Massey, RPI etc etc do not matter.

Previous reveals by the Committee do not matter.

All that matters is what the committee decided on Sunday / after the big 12 tourney wraps up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom