Huskies Allure Too Much For Collier | The Boneyard

Huskies Allure Too Much For Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You hear about it. But once you've seen it in person, you think about all that hard work that they've put in. You see the All-Americans, like Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, you see all those names on the wall, being coached by Geno Auriemma. When you see those names up there, it's kind of a way to motivate yourself. That's what I want to be. That's what my goal is. That's what I want to do."

"Seeing him around at AAU tournaments is way different from speaking to him in person," Collier said. "He's real, real humble. Real straight-forward guy and he'll tell it like it is. I mean, I believe that's how all coaches should be. They shouldn't just tell you anything … they should honest. He's just a straight-forward guy. I know he expects great from all his players because that's what he is about and he wants his players to be great. He wants them to succeed and he expects a lot out of them."

UConn Women's Insider: Allure Of Huskies Too Much For Recruit Collier To Pass Up

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You too Ms. Collier (along with your current and future teammates) with hard work and Geno's teachings can have your name up on the wall along side Breanna, Maya, etc. While that is happening, there are a few little girls that will say the same thing about you.

Reaction Score
Just one small note from a born and bred New Englander:
I'll have to get used to the weather," Collier said. "I'll be OK with it. It will be cool."

No young lady, it will be COLD! :eek::cool:
Not just cold, but cold until it's summer. We don't have extreme cold, but it is continuous cold. Big contrast compared to Texas where by May it's regularly getting into the 90s while here those of us with gardens are hoping to avoid a late freeze. All that cold Atlantic Ocean water makes life miserable in New England until finally the air is warm enough to overcome it which usually is not until mid-June. March is just as snowy as December, and we get snow for 6-7 months out of the year. Just look at Lexi's twitter where she posted a pic of the UConn sign with a few inches of snow on it in October while her hometown was basking in sunny and 80s weather.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
LOL!!! you don't know what cold is until you live in the northeast kingdom of Vermont!!!
Lived in Chicago and north of Albany so I do have some idea - but I have never been crazy enough to go for places like northern Minnesota - where parking meters have electric outlets to plug in engine warmers, humans really aren't supposed to spend winters. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom