Hurricane Irma Causing Games To Be Rescheduled/Cancelled | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurricane Irma Causing Games To Be Rescheduled/Cancelled

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you have a businessman as a governor and not a football fanboy.

Gov Scott identified all his HS and universities as resources for staging equipment and placing evacuees.

This makes prepping for a BCS game difficult.

The size of Irma over 3 days from Keys to Tallahassee is over 400 miles. No one thought Jax would be a primary target, yet it's getting flooded.

Over 6m without power.

Football as king in the south is taking a hit to its reputation in Sep 2017.
You know what they say: Florida isn't really the South.

Reaction Score
My mother is in Ft. Lauderdale. Aunt and uncle in Punta Gorda. Few downed trees with minimal damage. Never lost power (either of them). This was not the beast they were predicting. After sending Memphis back home and now this the level of incompetence at UCF is unbelievable.

Fortunately for them there's a bunch sanctimonious self righteous jack offs who provide then cover preaching from their high horse.
IMG_0097.JPG

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
bizlaw, help me out, will FIU be able to join the class-action lawsuit against, uh mother nature? The AAC? I can't even keep the absurd claims straight.

I believe its: UConn, Indiana, Illinois, some FCS schools to sue Miami, FIU, FAU, UCF, USF, Florida and another school to be named later

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The irony of all this is if they played and could not get back on Saturday, they would likely be in a hotel in DR with UConn likely providing access to the Shenkman center of not putting them up on campus.

They would then have gone directly from CT to their relocated game at Illinois. Instead, they are in a disaster zone, their school is closed, they have limited access to facilities, and looking at a second cancelled game.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I have facts you have insulting memes.

You have a bunch of opinion too. Suggesting they should have kept games on because your parents home ultimately didnt get hit that hard is silly. These storms can shift 80 miles in either direction. The path was always going to impact the state heavily, amd shelters needed to be prepared.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Just have USF forfit... I mean it's only a football game. :D

Reaction Score
You have a bunch of opinion too. Suggesting they should have kept games on because your parents home ultimately didnt get hit that hard is silly. These storms can shift 80 miles in either direction. The path was always going to impact the state heavily, amd shelters needed to be prepared.

Yes if one of Florida's hardest hit cities can host a game Friday night it only makes sense that other areas impacted less should cancel. Just take a look at what USF did alone with their other teams over the weekend. Lock of the century they were playing this game Friday night. The whole reason they cancelled our game was to avoid distractions and the inconvenience of preparing for Illinois.

Others are relying on their "feels" to tell me how wrong I am.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Who played Friday night?

At that point, the assumption was for catastrophic damage. If youve been in CT forever, I dont think you realize how much preparation by state and local officials is going on leading up to a storm.

Cops are pulled from departments all over to position for the storm, handle evacuations, help the indigent, etc.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The irony of all this is if they played and could not get back on Saturday, they would likely be in a hotel in DR with UConn likely providing access to the Shenkman center of not putting them up on campus.

They would then have gone directly from CT to their relocated game at Illinois. Instead, they are in a disaster zone, their school is closed, they have limited access to facilities, and looking at a second cancelled game.

I had same line of thinking.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who played Friday night?

At that point, the assumption was for catastrophic damage. If youve been in CT forever, I dont think you realize how much preparation by state and local officials is going on leading up to a storm.

Cops are pulled from departments all over to position for the storm, handle evacuations, help the indigent, etc.

The game was here. Not there. Here. My God.

Reaction Score
Who played Friday night?

He is referring to this Friday night game for USF. No one can convince me USF pulled this move for any other reason than they were worried about being stuck in CT which would have disrupted the game against The Illini.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
He is referring to this Friday night game for USF. No one can convince me USF pulled this move for any other reason than they were worried about being stuck in CT which would have disrupted the game against The Illini.

My mistake. If we are talking about this coming Friday, I agree, there should be no issues playing.

I don't think the cancellation was due to this week's game.

1. Do we really think USF was worried about losing to UCONN?
2. If USF thinks they can make a NY6 Bowl, they would not want to lose a league game. Them being 10-1 or 11-0 versus a 11-1 or 12-0 team is not going to fall in their favor.

That said, I really don't know why the game was ultimately canceled when they could have played at 10:30am and either been back well before the storm hit, or stay and workout at UConn.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The game was here. Not there. Here. My God.

My bad, I thought we were talking about the Memphis-UCF game that was scheduled for last Friday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom