Hurley with the lead and timeouts | The Boneyard

Hurley with the lead and timeouts

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Any reason why he likes to give away leads without calling timeouts? DePaul was down 7-0 and then they took a timeout and lead the first half. Hurley didn’t take a timeout once during their runs. In the second half he did take one but he’s lucky this was DePaul and not any of the three teams coming up next. We can’t allow that anymore

Reaction Score
Any reason why he likes to give away leads without calling timeouts? DePaul was down 7-0 and then they took a timeout and lead the first half. Hurley didn’t take a timeout once during their runs. In the second half he did take one but he’s lucky this was DePaul and not any of the three teams coming up next. We can’t allow that anymore
He called a timeout when DePaul went on a 7-2 run to take a 20-13 lead with 8:13 to play. It takes all of one minute of research to debunk some of the gripes on this board. Yesterday was a stinker; they happen. All that matters is we came out with the W on the road. Onto Creighton...

Reaction Score
I mean this is just blatantly not true.

DePaul went on a 7-2 run in the 1st half and Hurley called a timeout at 20-13. They hit a 3 right after to make it 10, but that immediately preceded our run to cut it to 2.

In the 2nd half we were up 10 at the U12 timeout, DePaul went on a 4-0 run and Hurley called a timeout and we pushed the lead back up to 11 over the next few minutes

Reaction Score
Some coaches feel it's important for a team to learn to play through an opposing run. Jim Calhoun used to do this a lot with his better teams. Maybe he felt it built mental toughness.

Reaction Score
Some coaches feel it's important for a team to learn to play through an opposing run. Jim Calhoun used to do this a lot with his better teams. Maybe he felt it built mental toughness.
He would do this in the early part of the schedule. He definitely coached differently later in the season.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Hurley doesn’t give a what you ALL think about him.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/podc...urley-doesnt-give-a--what-you-think-about-him
Hurley

Reaction Score
The timeout Hurley called in the first half made a noticeable impression because we started boxing out and getting after it defensively. He really got the team to up its effort. It was a real good timeout lookin with DH asking "Do they have any assists?"

Reaction Score
I'm not sure there's much point disagreeing with DH's coaching. I mean, I suspect he has some of his own philosophies on timeouts, pt and strategy in general. The difference between us and DH is, DH has earned the right to implement his strategy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You guys are right. I’ll admit it when I’m wrong. He took it at 8:13 in the first half when the score went from 7-0 (17:40) UConn, to 20-13 DePaul at the 8:13 UConn timeout . Almost ten minutes and DePaul went on a 20 to 6 run. I must’ve thought it was the under 8 timeout as it was very close to it. My bad, my bad

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I mean this is just blatantly not true.

DePaul went on a 7-2 run in the 1st half and Hurley called a timeout at 20-13. They hit a 3 right after to make it 10, but that immediately preceded our run to cut it to 2.

In the 2nd half we were up 10 at the U12 timeout, DePaul went on a 4-0 run and Hurley called a timeout and we pushed the lead back up to 11 over the next few minutes
Yeah I loved the second half timeout

Reaction Score
Well, somebody's calling timeouts. Every time I switch off a UConn game because I can't stand to watch any more, and then switch back, I get a commercial.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I feel like Hurley has been much better at figuring out when to take timeouts this year.

Thought he had a few “good” timeouts against DePaul.

Was a problem in the past but not now.

Reaction Score
Well, somebody's calling timeouts. Every time I switch off a UConn game because I can't stand to watch any more, and then switch back, I get a commercial.
Well there are at least 4 timeouts every half even if the teams don't call any.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'm not sure there's much point disagreeing with DH's coaching. I mean, I suspect he has some of his own philosophies on timeouts, pt and strategy in general. The difference between us and DH is, DH has earned the right to implement his strategy.
His timeout usage is fine. It’s his in game coaching, particularly in the half court, that can be questioned. But giving players some level of freedom is how we’re landing all this talent. Coach refers to it as structured freedom. Props to coaches like Jay Wright for landing top talent in such a rigid system.

Reaction Score
His timeout usage is fine. It’s his in game coaching, particularly in the half court, that can be questioned. But giving players some level of freedom is how we’re landing all this talent. Coach refers to it as structured freedom. Props to coaches like Jay Wright for landing top talent in such a rigid system.
I see us differently. This is the best offense we've run in years especially since we have so few who can take their man one on one. I think DePaul looked worst than it was because shots weren't falling

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
First half, not one timeout called until the last shot of the first half. It was a horrendous performance. We went for10 minutes without a tv timeout or back to back solid sets

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
10 minutes without a timeout. Not even a tv timeout. Couldn’t even take one to regroup and give our guys a breather

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom