Hurley was not on a phone call with a 2024 recruit when the President called | The Boneyard

Hurley was not on a phone call with a 2024 recruit when the President called

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The other long thread on this subject is locked. Hurley admits he lied. He was on the phone with his agent and not a 2024 recruit. So was he talking about what kind of raise they were going to ask Benedict for or was his agent just congratulating him on the championship? :)

That phone call he missed from President Joe Biden while on another call?

"He did call me. I ghosted him to voice mail. It wasn't a political statement, I don't know anything about politics," he said.

Only Hurley confessed he wasn't on the phone with a recruit, as he had told another news organization.

"I lied. I was on the phone with my agent. We just won the national championship, you should be on the phone with your agent."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball coach Dan Hurley honored with Winged Foot Award: 'Got my seat at the table'

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
The other long thread on this subject is locked. Hurley admits he lied. He was on the phone with his agent and not a 2024 recruit. So was he talking about what kind of raise they were going to ask Benedict for or was his agent just congratulating him on the championship? :)

That phone call he missed from President Joe Biden while on another call?

"He did call me. I ghosted him to voice mail. It wasn't a political statement, I don't know anything about politics," he said.

Only Hurley confessed he wasn't on the phone with a recruit, as he had told another news organization.

"I lied. I was on the phone with my agent. We just won the national championship, you should be on the phone with your agent."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball coach Dan Hurley honored with Winged Foot Award: 'Got my seat at the table'

He should have called his agent. Lots of commercial opportunities came/will come his way. Hope it was more about endorsements/appearances than going to Benedict.

Reaction Score
It’s too bad. I really think Hurley could have help solve our inflation problems. I’m tired of paying 5 bucks for a bag of chips

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I agree. Why did he even bring it up? It was a good story as it was first presented.
This is actually the first non positive thought I have had about Hurley. Unfortunately this sounds very ego driven from several angles. I was hoping to continue seeing the well grounded yet still passionate version of Hurley continue. Even when you are 50 it is difficult to keep the ego in check after you over come your personal challenges. I mean for a lifetime he was either in the shadow of his brother or dad. For now he has way more positive things on the ledger imo to get too concerned about this situation. But it is something I will be watching. Especially if we start slow next year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is actually the first non positive thought I have had about Hurley. Unfortunately this sounds very ego driven from several angles. I was hoping to continue seeing the well grounded yet still passionate version of Hurley continue. Even when you are 50 it is difficult to keep the ego in check after you over come your personal challenges. I mean for a lifetime he was either in the shadow of his brother or dad. For now he has way more positive things on the ledger imo to get too concerned about this situation. But it is something I will be watching. Especially if we start slow next year.

My advice. Let it go. Whether I agree with you or not. Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom