Hurley on WWE Raw | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley on WWE Raw

Reaction Score
People praise how blue collar Hurley is, and then say he has no class appearing in a brief skit on WWE. Just another example of how those in the white collar bubble have no idea what blue collar really is or have any respect for it.
Nothing to do with white collar bubble or blue collar, wresting is entertainment and a joke that most everyone is in on. White collar take their kids to it and just have a good time same as blue so this is not about lack of class.
It’s wrong to criticize Hurley for being in on this joke. He’s a multimillionaire with a good sense of humor and a “blue collar work ethic” whatever that means.
I don’t agree with the wince take on it though.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
This is hilarious, life doesn't all have to be a serious boring slog y'all.

Reaction Score
Nothing to do with white collar bubble or blue collar, wresting is entertainment and a joke that most everyone is in on. White collar take their kids to it and just have a good time same as blue so this is not about lack of class.
It’s wrong to criticize Hurley for being in on this joke. He’s a multimillionaire with a good sense of humor and a “blue collar work ethic” whatever that means.
I don’t agree with the wince take on it though.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was into Wrestling until 2002 and came back into it as a way to do something with my son. The story lines now are long term drama series quality in some instances. Their will always be gimmick acts, but the Wrestling in some instances has become secondary.

That said, the UConn logo, the banners,etc were on quite a bit last night to a demo of about 2 million viewers. So, good publicity for UConn and Hurley had a minor role before bowing out at 10pm. Good night for wrestling, good night for UConn!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I love Hurley being on Monday Night Raw. I only wish they made us a championship belt. If you're not down with that then I've got 2 words for ya, "Suck It!".

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
People praise how blue collar Hurley is, and then say he has no class appearing in a brief skit on WWE. Just another example of how those in the white collar bubble have no idea what blue collar really is or have any respect for it.
By "people" you mean me. I'd be happy to have a discussion with you about this, and show you why your comment is a misfire.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
By "people" you mean me. I'd be happy to have a discussion with you about this, and show you why your comment is a misfire.
I thought all you guys loved Bruno.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I thought all you guys loved Bruno.
Well, I'm not a native, but yeah, they do.

It's a different kind of entertainment these days. Back when I was a kid, you had the good guys, like Bruno, who were just regular folks. But the villain competitors were more like a carny freak show attractions than soap opera characters. Haystacks was the largest human any of us had ever seen. George "The Animal" Steele was like a missing link. I mean who eats turnbuckles these days?

Reaction Score

Well, it wasn't just you criticizing it and saying it was classless. And maybe you are as blue collar as they come. But I don't understand why this would really turn anyone off as everybody knows it's all a big, silly show that some people have fun with. I'm not one of them, at least I haven't been since I was 10 years old, but I do have fun nostalgic memories from then, and it doesn't bother me that some people like it. I would much rather him do this than a guest spot on the Kardashians or Real Housewives or something (although I would bet money Andrea watches that).

And it's not like Hurley got up in the ring and played a part hitting somebody with a chair. He just stood there looking amused as the wrestlers put on a skit. Harmless. And let's face it, he acts more like a wound up wrestler on the sidelines of the court than half the wrestlers do in the ring.

Reaction Score
Haystack Calhoun was my favorite. WWF came to Torrington high school in January 1978. Bob Backlund was the big attraction. I was there. I was 6’0” 155 at the time and certainly not . I was trying to be the next Tony Hansen, though.

Haystacks didn’t appear very often unfortunately! Whenever he did the likes of Baron Miguel Sicluna(sp?) were in trouble. Also rare were the “wee people” and women, a treat to look forward to. WOR Channel 9 in NY, one of 6 channels!

Reaction Score
It's been a bunch of decades since I was a kid, but from what I remember the wrestling fans were not the athletes. They were the kids who wanted to slap an alpha in the head with a folding chair and wait for the slow clap from everyone else in the room.
It’s not even wrestling. Folkstyle wrestling is real wrestling. Rather watch high school and college wrestling that then a predetermined outcome.

So if it’s staged then it’s acting and not a sport. Not saying it’s easy or anyone can do it, it’s a skill but not a sport.

Reaction Score
macho man randy savage GIF

If Hurley were to incorporate this iconic phrase into an Inside the Huddle segment this year I’d die a happy man

Reaction Score
Hurley's 10 minutes on Raw probably landed Uconn another 5 star recruit. Perfect demographic targeting!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Also pitched for my softball team years ago…

IMG_7983.jpeg

IMG_7982.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom