Hurley on First Take | The Boneyard

Hurley on First Take

Reaction Score
Excellent interview and done great questions the best being how do we get Jordan hawkins going in first half.
My take is run the first play for him but make it a fake jumper/drive dunk scenario. He’s got incredible lift and has gone away from it last 4-5 games. Jordan headfake drive and smash!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Excellent interview and done great questions the best being how do we get Jordan hawkins going in first half.
My take is run the first play for him but make it a fake jumper/drive dunk scenario. He’s got incredible lift and has gone away from it last 4-5 games. Jordan headfake drive and smash!!!!!!
If we get Jordan to play a complete game I have trouble seeing us lose to anyone. I'm talking back to the 20/20+ guy who is engaged from the opening tip. If we get the 0 point first half Jordan where he lost his man on defense in the first half we got in the first two games it will be really difficult to beat Arkansas.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Really good questions, they asked the things that have been the biggest concerns so far in this tournament (how to get off to a better start as a team, how to get Hawkins going in the first half and how to keep Clingan involved in the game with Sanogo dominating like he has been so far). Loved this interview - Coach seems ready to roll. Not going to be an easy game but I think it's all business from here on out.

Reaction Score
If we get Jordan to play a complete game I have trouble seeing us lose to anyone. I'm talking back to the 20/20+ guy who is engaged from the opening tip. If we get the 0 point first half Jordan where he lost his man on defense in the first half we got in the first two games it will be really difficult to beat Arkansas.
People in the chat and on the board probably get tired of me constantly talking about it, but Jordan’s game is so prime for up fake, couple dribble pull up, or drive to the hole. I can’t imagine the staff doesn’t stress it too, maybe Jordan is just a bit hesitant to do it. But it would open everything up for him and the team.

Reaction Score
Jordan just needs to see the ball go in the hoop in the first half.. Our Bigs need to give him some solid picks and some space.. And he'll be on fire.. Arkansas guards will wear done by the middle of second half..

Reaction Score
Didn’t know Mad Dog’s son was on the staff. Now that is a serious energy source we could harness for the mojo.

Mad Dog Baseball GIF by MLB Network

Reaction Score
People in the chat and on the board probably get tired of me constantly talking about it, but Jordan’s game is so prime for up fake, couple dribble pull up, or drive to the hole. I can’t imagine the staff doesn’t stress it too, maybe Jordan is just a bit hesitant to do it. But it would open everything up for him and the team.
correct. One up fake on a 3 where he draws a foul or puts his head down and goes to the basket will do wonders for the rest of the game. The defender who bit on the up fake will be more hesitant to jump and challenge Hawk's shot which means Hawk can catch and jump and shoot that much easier.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Didn’t know Mad Dog’s son was on the staff. Now that is a serious energy source we could harness for the mojo.

Also had no idea - he said he was at every game too … surprised nobody noticed him but he flies under the radar being a radio guy for the majority of his career.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Didja know Dawrg dat da Jahnies hired Rickpa Tino?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom