Hurley, Martin, Matta, Crean | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley, Martin, Matta, Crean

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
His records aren't impressive either. He had a great great run last year in the NCAAs, but meh.

None of those 3 coaches besides Hurley would have a shelf life greater than 5 years here.

By all means turn us into the football program though going through 3 coaches a decade.

Reaction Score
None of those 3 coaches besides Hurley would have a shelf life greater than 5 years here.

By all means turn us into the football program though going through 3 coaches a decade.
If that were true (and who knows), we'd be looking for a new coach in fewer years than that if we went back to JC, so it'd sort of be the same.

August_West

Reaction Score
If that were true (and who knows), we'd be looking for a new coach in fewer years than that if we went back to JC, so it'd sort of be the same.

Yes. But we'd know that going in and be planning and grooming. I assume under a JC scenario that someone would be brought in as Coach in waiting.

Im not advocating for it. I dont think thats our best option by any stretch. But I dont want to get on the "castoff coach carousel" either.

Reaction Score
If you are in the game long enough, you are either going to end as a cast-off coach or a Hall of Famer. And there are only a small handful of Hall of Famers.

August_West

Reaction Score
Blink twice if you're being held hostage by Kevin Ollie.

I dont want Ollie back.

I dont even want UConn to give him a dime if the reasons for cause are true.

So yeah no.

But that is a BAD list save Hurley. A demented jack-o-lantern, an insane drill sergeant with a pretty bad record, and a guy 25 years younger than JC who is actually in worse health than JC.

We can do better.

We better do better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
These are the four biggest names out there right now.

The fact that UConn is in on all four of them shows the health and vitality of the program.

Anyone not happy about that...I dunno what to tell ya

Mainly because outside of Hurley, they aren't all that inspiring.

Looks like it's Hurley or bust.

That was my first thought. Not feeling great about this atm.

Reaction Score
Is Calhoun really an option? Sure he could come in for a few years and maybe right the ship but we'd still be in the exact same position when he were to leave again.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Hurley or Martin

I think Frank did a good job at KSU, and who brings South Carolina to the Final Four? He deserves a little more credit.

Crean & Matta have me a little underwhelmed tho

Edit* forget Martin I guess

Hurley or Bust

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Started another thread with a poll because I couldn't add it here. Curious to see the results.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
1) Hurley
2) crean
3) martin
All sources pointing toward hurley being the guy.

If we have to overpay, then we have to overpay. On paper, Hurley is a fine candidate. I don't know if he's going to be successful, but he deserves the shot.

The other guys....nah. Martin's a lunatic, and I'm not sure of his ethics.

I just can't get behind Crean. He's a bit better version of Pasqualoni. Crean belongs at Syracuse...he's the right shade.

Reaction Score
Really a no on Martin for me. Looks like a gremlin
Matta had some good teams, and some great players like Jared Sullinger, Evan Turner was his guy I think. But health problems

Crean looks like a pumpkin.
Hurley, has turned some programs around, probably what we need right now.

Be nice to get someone like Donovan though, but would put us behind waiting until May to talk to him. Especially without any guarantees coming from him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you are in the game long enough, you are either going to end as a cast-off coach or a Hall of Famer. And there are only a small handful of Hall of Famers.

Fine, then take a chance on getting one. A retread simply treads water, after maybe a small bump.

But really, there's a chance to be a successful middle of the road coach as well. A Beilein so to speak.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Three of these coaches have made the final four, not sure what people are expecting..

Well, let's throw Mike Davis in the mix. Hell, there's a coach out there with a NC under his belt too. Let's kick the tires.

Reaction Score
I dont want Ollie back.

I dont even want UConn to give him a dime if the reasons for cause are true.

So yeah no.

But that is a BAD list save Hurley. A demented jack-o-lantern, an insane drill sergeant with a pretty bad record, and a guy 25 years younger than JC who is actually in worse health than JC.

We can do better.

We better do better.

I still haven't really heard any critisism of Crean other than "he's weird."

intlzncster

Reaction Score

7j8jZ_s-200x150.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree, though on some levels I wouldn't have minded taking their coach since they went after Calhoun while he was here.

DB: "Poach that b******s."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom