Hurley confirms Hass is coming back | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley confirms Hass is coming back

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Hurley complicated it with his "Hass will have to accept his role before deciding to come back." Until then I never thought otherwise.

Apparently Hassan never did either (or it wasn't a difficult decision).
Maybe Hurley meant he will need to accept his role as the vocal leader of the team...

Reaction Score
no inside knowledge, just speculation, but I think Alex comes back because 1) he wants his degree, 2) he wants to be part of history with getting a 3-peat, 3) he wants to recover his outside shot which seemed to have regressed for some reason, and which I fear will prevent him from getting drafted higher. Not sure how he will fix it, maybe he can get help with the mechanics. He sure practices his shooting enough
The Alex decision is pretty simple. If you're projected to go first round at all after the process, you go. If you're projected early enough in second where you can negotiate a strong guarantee, you go. If you go late second, or not at all, you come back. It's not going to be based on his degree. This isn't an emotional decision, it's a practical and fairly formulaic one.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It is in the article on the bottom of the page and it is coming from Hurley from his Zoom call. I guess you didn't scroll down enough.

“I think for us, we want to keep intact obviously as much as the roster as we can to obviously hold on to a championship culture with people that know what it’s all about,” Hurley said during a one-on-one Zoom to promote his partnership with Bai WonderWater.

“I see us like we have in the past just being strategic, looking for one or two additions to fortify some positions. We’re excited about some of the young players that we’ve got coming back. We’re excited about Hassan and Samson Johnson, two key players from last year’s team, coming back.”
Thanks very much. I stopped the scroll after the single sentence paragraph about "being in the mix," because it had an ad, and it read as a good closing. Pressed for physical space in a printed newspaper, an editor could close out the article without including the final 2 paragraphs. The prior one that mentioned the Zoom and Bai was also a winner.

Again, credit where credit is due to @AntG168.

Reaction Score
Just excellent news...especially with so many brand-new UConn players.

Question: put Karaban to the side for a minute: Is Hurley done for any more additions?
I think he waits until final Karaban decision before adding anyone else. If Karaban goes pro at that point I think he tries to get a backup PF or best available player to add some depth.

Reaction Score
We did get more than that. Subscribe to storrscentral
Okay, so that's different than saying "people didn't want to believe".

Not everyone had the same information.

Reaction Score
Okay, so that's different than saying "people didn't want to believe".

Not everyone had the same information.
Yes they did. It was posted here multiple times

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you subscribed to Storrs Central, you would've known already.

Reaction Score
didn't he say something to his cousin in the preseason along the lines of "we still have two more years of this"? I think it was the team softball game they were playing

Reaction Score
Twitter official.

IMG_2722.jpeg

Reaction Score
We were told he was coming back. People just didn’t believe it because he didn’t have an announcement
Not sure why anybody is being weird about this as if it weren’t a thing. Diarra felt the need to make a twitter and an IG post letting us know he’s officially back now.

Reaction Score
no inside knowledge, just speculation, but I think Alex comes back because 1) he wants his degree, 2) he wants to be part of history with getting a 3-peat, 3) he wants to recover his outside shot which seemed to have regressed for some reason, and which I fear will prevent him from getting drafted higher. Not sure how he will fix it, maybe he can get help with the mechanics. He sure practices his shooting enough
I always wondered why we are viewed as less 'fanatical' if we are being objective. Alex cannot TAKE a contested three, much less make one. That funky side delivery is way too easy to block (for players of his level that is). And while he improved his drives to the basket this past year, he can be had defensively if you contest the three. To wit, he wont even try the shot!! So it is not just that he slumped. We are talking about a guy whose only obvious NBA trait, as a 6'8" forward, is his outside shooting. This makes him a fallible prospect in my view. I don't know enough to know how to fix it. All I know is what my eyes have seen for two years now. And that's before we even talk about defending his position at the next level. The thought of him covering the mid level forwards at the next level does not bode well for him, much less the top NBA forwards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom