Hurley Article on next years roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley Article on next years roster

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
no way Larrier comes back

I agree. He has a degree, and it is his life. But it sounds like he wants a career in basketball, and if he does, coming back may be the right move.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
So wrong with that analogy. Larrier can’t play D was awful on D and Hurley starts it with D not a good fit. He’s not going to suddenly learn how to handle the ball this summer or get tougher either please let him go.

A coach that starts it with D sounds like a great coach to help Larrier (and the rest of the team) out with defense.

Reaction Score
Who’s the fringe D1 talent?
No one in particular. I was just making a general point. If we can’t get Akinjo back I don’t want to waste that scholly on a gamble. At least if you go the grad transfer route if the player ends up stinking(Onuorah) you just move on the yr after. Antwoine Anderson would have been a great fit had rique not gone down with the injury. Anderson as the secondary ball handler, NO. Anderson as the 3rd, much better. I’d go that route again, and hopefully end up with a grad transfer better than Anderson or at least equal to

Reaction Score
There are so many coaching changes and decomitments that you never know who will become available in the next two months.

we can probably land a couple pitt players, did they have any that were good?

Reaction Score
we can probably land a couple pitt players, did they have any that were good?
I remember one guard from Pitt who could shoot the hell out of the ball. His name escapes me tho

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Shooters, shooter, shooters, and one reliable big is what we need. We have no one who can knock it down consistently. I watch these teams in the tournament and they have so many guys who can hit it from outside and we have none!

Reaction Score
TBH, I'd actually be pretty interested in seeing Larrier with a coach like Hurley and would love for him to come back. Don't think it happens, though.

I don’t know if Larrier would see a minute under a good coach. Ollie just had him on such a long leash, he could do whatever he wanted and still play. Hurley prioritizes hard work and defense, neither of which Larrier has a lick of.

Reaction Score
No one in particular. I was just making a general point. If we can’t get Akinjo back I don’t want to waste that scholly on a gamble. At least if you go the grad transfer route if the player ends up stinking(Onuorah) you just move on the yr after. Antwoine Anderson would have been a great fit had rique not gone down with the injury. Anderson as the secondary ball handler, NO. Anderson as the 3rd, much better. I’d go that route again, and hopefully end up with a grad transfer better than Anderson or at least equal to
Calhoun virtually always used all his scholarships and quite often the last guy to commit was a fringe D1 player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
TL was/is no offensive player. He was/is a standstill shooter. He never worked to create his offense and never could handle the ball effectively beyond the initial catch (which he could do)
TL was not interested in working hard on the D side of the ball
He didn't play much at VCU because he didn't play D
I can't see how another season, even if it were under K, Brad S or God himself, would make any difference
BTW - if any coach had the talent UConn had last season - TL would see the same amount of PT
Exit TL Enter Sid W - UConn comes out miles ahead - I've seen Sid practice, with a bit more muscle the kid will be GOOD, REAL GOOD

Reaction Score
Larrier was/is no offensive player. He was/is a standstill shooter. He never worked to create his offense and never could handle the ball effectively beyond the initial catch (which he could do)
Larrier was not interested in working hard on the D side of the ball
I can't see how another season, even if it were under K, Brad S or God himself, would make ant difference
BTW - if any coach had the talent UConn had last season - Larrier would see the same amount of PT
Exit Larrier Enter Sid W - UConn comes out miles ahead - I've seen Sid practice, with a bit more muscle the kid will be GOOD, REAL GOOD
Any other observations on Sid Wilson from practice? You think he’ll really help the team next year?

Reaction Score
Well, Hurley did reach out, so what does that tell you?

It tells me he’d try to get him to buy in and play some D. If he can great, we know he can make a shot. There’s so little else I would prefer to see how things shake out everywhere as the coaching changes and grad transfers become available. But he’s the man, hope he knows what he’s doing in this case because what I saw all year and Hurley’s expectations I don’t think it ends well.

Reaction Score

Agree if not Akinjo need to be patient no divy 2 talent. Although I do believe AA would’ve been ok if Gilbert was healthy.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Laurier is probably a better option than anybody else that's left to recruit for 2018. Hope he has a change of heart. Maybe we'll be able to see more of his talent being displayed through Hurley's style of play.
Not unless Hurley can figure out how to eliminate the need for him to ever bounce the ball more than one bounce per possession.

C

Chief00

Larrier was/is no offensive player. He was/is a standstill shooter. He never worked to create his offense and never could handle the ball effectively beyond the initial catch (which he could do)
Larrier was not interested in working hard on the D side of the ball
I can't see how another season, even if it were under K, Brad S or God himself, would make any difference
BTW - if any coach had the talent UConn had last season - Larrier would see the same amount of PT
Exit Larrier Enter Sid W - UConn comes out miles ahead - I've seen Sid practice, with a bit more muscle the kid will be GOOD, REAL GOOD

I agree about Sid but he really needs lots more muscle.

Reaction Score
If Hurley can convince him to stay and wants him then that has to be a good thing I would think. You have to trust him. I'm not a TL fan though. My main problems were with his lack out defense and his softness. The rest of his weaknesses I blame Ollie for allowing him to play to them over and over and over. I think him leaving is addition by subtraction personally but if Hurley him to stay he must see something i don't.

Reaction Score
I agree. He has a degree, and it is his life. But it sounds like he wants a career in basketball, and if he does, coming back may be the right move.
This board is hilarious. Two weeks ago the board couldn't wait for Larrier to leave, now we are trying to justify him coming back. Let me kill the suspense, he isn't coming back nor should he. Most scouts will give him a pass on this season because UConn was that much of a mess and judge him on what they believe he can become. He will get looks and will surely cash checks for playing basketball somewhere. He is has far more potential than he showed this season and coming back is absolutely the worst thing he can do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom