Hurley and Transfer Portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley and Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
I don’t know, but he’s looked ok when in the game. He isn’t clueless. I’d like to see what he can do. With all the work he’s put in you’d think he’d get more than 2 minutes up 35 against CCSU or whomever.
All I know is that his jumper looked immaculate in the shootarounds before Saturday's game and the ball barely touched net as it went through.

Reaction Score
All I know is that his jumper looked immaculate in the shootarounds before Saturday's game and the ball barely touched net as it went through.
Are we serious in using shootarounds as some sort of evidence? I watched Rajon Rondo bury 3s in shootarounds over multiple years... it's meaningless without the pressure.

Reaction Score
Are we serious in using shootarounds as some sort of evidence? I watched Rajon Rondo bury 3s in shootarounds over multiple years... it's meaningless without the pressure.
Note that I said, "All I know is...". That means I am not making any claims outside of the face value of the statement that followed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who should take Polley's minutes?

I would put Akok out there. Give Samson some more minutes. Hell, you could go small and put Hawkins out there. I'm not saying you have to bench Polley completely, but he brings almost nothing to the table when he's not hitting his shots. Akok blocks shots and rebounds, Hawkins plays good defense, Samson blocks shots and needs to start seeing some minutes if we want him to be a contributor later this year.

Cuz you don’t know a guy isn’t making his shots until he doesn’t make several. Streak shooters often heat up after a few misses. The big problem with Polley is that he has more cold streaks than hot streaks. And Hurley at this point isn’t exactly gluing Hawkins to the bench. Diggins is another matter.

I get that, but Polley doesn't bring enough to the table in any other aspect of his game for you to let him play through his misses. You're putting him out there to get 2 rebounds in 24 minutes and nothing else, in hopes that he gets hot from 3? He needs to play 10-15 minutes a game unless he's drilling his shots from deep, then you play him more. Any other minutes need to be earned by him contributing in another way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom