Huge win for Moorhead and Nebrich | The Boneyard

Huge win for Moorhead and Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He turned around that program pronto. Guess assistant coaches were never our problem - other than GDL.

Reaction Score
And another local kid Brett Biestek has had an impact on that program.........if you click on his name in the article you will see he looks a lot like his uncle Bob Biestek, former Maloney HS and Boston College standout.......Brett's a great kid and student also who had a nice game against UConn a couple years back..........

Good for Fordham!

Reaction Score
Didn't a BCU troll say Villanaova was better than Towson???

Reaction Score
Hmmmmmmm. Would like to get a redo on the QB race of 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
Hmmmmmmm. Would like to get a redo on the QB race of 2 years ago.

The real problem was there was no race. P put in Mac, left him in when he didn't produce, and didn't even let Nebrich in for mop up duty in the WVU blow out. So he not only didn't let Nebrich compete, P actually stunted Nebrich growth.

Saturday MN was 25 for 36 for 190 yards passing and ran for 102 yards on 20 carries with 2 TDs.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It would be nice to know what would've happened if Nebrich was given more consideration but that milk (along with much more) was already spilled and I'm getting pretty tired of crying over it.

We need a new head coach and a great hire at that. With all of the time, energy and money I've devoted to the football program over the years I believe that my alma mater owes me that (a great hire for head football coach) as a Christmas present this December.

Reaction Score
Maybe Moorehead would be a,nice fit here. Liked how his offense looked when he got here before Edsall put the clamps on him.

Reaction Score
Nobody has been more critical of this coaching staff than me, but Nebrich showed little to suggest that he could play at this level while at UCONN.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Nobody has been more critical of this coaching staff than me, but Nebrich showed little to suggest that he could play at this level while at UCONN.

Who else showed much two years ago. A true freshman had zero chance to prove himself as the offense was a disaster week after week

Reaction Score

Bad news is the guy PP had playing was worst..........except when making a video of course!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The real problem was there was no race. P put in Mac, left him in when he didn't produce, and didn't even let Nebrich in for mop up duty in the WVU blow out. So he not only didn't let Nebrich compete, P actually stunted Nebrich growth.

Saturday MN was 25 for 36 for 190 yards passing and ran for 102 yards on 20 carries with 2 TDs.

Not only this, but he brought Whitmer and anointed him as well without much competition. I have no problem with a coach with "his guy", but I don't see where Whitmer's upside is lights out better than a guy like Nebrich. Really makes you wonder how good P is at judging talent.

Reaction Score
Mike Nebrich?? Paul Pasqualoni absolutely messed up that entire QB situation. Putting him in for one series in the Fordham game, burning his red shirt. Then not using him at all the rest of the way, when the QB situation was awful. It certainly was one of the first signs that UConn had made a terrible hire. Fire Paul today.

Reaction Score
He was used after; you might recall his deer in the headlights performance against ISU. He wasn't ready, period. It's not that he would not have been eventually, but he was not ready then. Can we not wish the kid best of luck on his future and move on?

Reaction Score
Thanks, let's name a few more big wins "that guy" had a hand in? Better yet let's name a few he didn't win due to inability!
Can't say he's the worst, when he won the game for the team that's all. Biggest win in PP's tenure so far, and I believe was the only time Uconn has won on the road vs a top team. Have to give credit where it's do . Jmac stuck it out, and have to give him credit. So I am. Am I happy he's not the qb anymore heck yes!

Reaction Score
I agree Nebrich did not get a fair shot, but dual threat QB's will often fare much better at lower levels than they do in the big time. It's like seeing a 6'4" center dominate D2 and wonder why UConn didn't give him more run...

Granted, they might need to start a 6'4" guy at center this year...

Reaction Score
Um, I believe Mets was referring to JMac. UConn beat the Ville last year behind Whitmer, not JMac. JMac's signature win may have been Rutgers. Regardless, there is a trend in QBs not feeling they were on a level playing field - Box, Nebrich, and Lagow. Whether they are simply whining after losing out, there is smoke .....

Reaction Score

He showed more than the guys in front of him. What did Mac show to get a lifetime appointment?

Reaction Score
He showed more than the guys in front of him. What did Mac show to get a lifetime appointment?

He showed better than Nebrich in the Spring '11 BW game and in the Fordham game. In the Spring '12 BW game Nebrich looked like he threw in the towel. One could certainly make the arguement that these coaches didn't bring him along properly, but to my eye the kid was no where near ready for the field at that time.

Reaction Score
He showed better than Nebrich in the Spring '11 BW game and in the Fordham game. In the Spring '12 BW game Nebrich looked like he threw in the towel. One could certainly make the arguement that these coaches didn't bring him along properly, but to my eye the kid was no where near ready for the field at that time.

MN didn't get a chance even in the opener. When Mac played so-so or in the second game at Vandy where Mac was out right incompetent and personally lost the game.

Reaction Score
He went 3-8 and threw an INT against Fordham. Again, he struggled every time I saw him on the field. There may be an argument that he wasn't brought along properly by these coaches, but he showed very little the little time he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom