Huge red flag for UCONN... | The Boneyard

Huge red flag for UCONN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
An awful UCF outscored UCONN by 1 point 24-23 in the 4th quarter. I think this possibly is a very big red flag for the future of the team as we go forward. Can our resident nervous Nellie's please weigh in? ;)

Reaction Score
An awful UCF outscored UCONN by 1 point 24-23 in the 4th quarter. I think this possibly is a very big red flag for the future of the team as we go forward. Can our resident nervous Nellie's please weigh in? ;)
How many of those were 3-point shots? Seemed like they made a few 3s from well behind the line. I think they had a couple players score 20+, and they're a young team. We will kill many of these AAC teams, but the games are much easier to watch than some of the big games we saw Monday.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Don't bait them. The next time we have a team stay within 10 points of us in the first quarter they'll be back. Nice NOT hearing from them during these games.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am not as worried about the points as I am about the lack of perimeter defense - UCF shot 50% (4-8) from the nine minute mark of the fourth quarter to the end of the game! And most of those shots were wide open - no idea why Geno didn't yank the whole five on the court and put in the bench - they couldn't have done any worse!:eek:

Reaction Score
UConn always goes soft in the fourth quarter.......
Fire Geno!, Oh wait, that's FIRE Holly! Oh wait, wrong team....
Dang, I'm confused.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UCF had a hand in outscoring UConn in the 4th quarter. As the game ended 4 UCF starters were still on the court, while Geno took most of his starters shortly after 4th quarter started. Don't know what UCF gained by doing that other then to pad their starters stats. Of Course they can say we outscored UConn in the 4th quarter so we showed progress as the game went on.:)

Reaction Score
The far more alarming trend is if you look at the last 3 quarters....first allowing 6 points, then 12, then 24. Every quarter the defense allowing double the points of the previous. I'm very concerned.
If this trend continues, SMU will score 48 points in the first quarter!!!! That is a HUGE hole to dig out of

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCF had a hand in outscoring UConn in the 4th quarter. As the game ended 4 UCF starters were still on the court, while Geno took most of his starters shortly after 4th quarter started. Don't know what UCF gained by doing that other then to pad their starters stats. Of Course they can say we outscored UConn in the 4th quarter so we showed progress as the game went on.:)
What the gained was simple. More experience for the starters who were very young.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stevie.png
"I fail to see the humor in this situation"

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was very impressed last nite with our non starters. Gabby did start and was electric. EK nice moves and a couple of good defensive plays. Collier good moves and very steady on both sides of the ball. Also made some nice plays on defense. Butler imo will be an AA. I hope she gets more playtime. A high low with Katie Lou especially next year and beyond will almost be unstoppable. Butlers height and reach just seems to be over everybody. A couple of times last nite she made some moves around the basket that were Morgan like. She has a bunch of great qualities and only a 6'5 soph. 3 years of Natalie will mean at least 2 more NCs for UConn. It will be interesting to see Natalie against SC bigs. I want to see them defend her underneath one on one and defend her 15 footer. Shes special and I have to wonder how she wasn't a top 25 pick out of HS. UConns future is look very bright and I cant wait for March when all these underclassman emerge with reactionary confidence.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We were headed for a 70-point MOV, but it slipped back to 55, which appears to be the magic number--we won by 55 in the prior game and are headed to 55 consecutive victories.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It should put to rest posts that claim our bottom five could be ranked in the top 25. But of course it won't.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hey Eric:

Uconn was outscored by Memphis 7-6 in the final 4:15 of game play. A 44-point lead (77-33) dwindled to 43 (83-40).

Should we be concerned? I say yes.

Reaction Score
We are very fortunate that we only had one scheduled game with UCF this season. Imagine if we had to play them a second time in Orlando!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom