HS Skills Contest 7:30 PM ESPN2 | The Boneyard

HS Skills Contest 7:30 PM ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
McDonald's HS skills competition for both boys and girls. I would think at least Moriah, Morgan or Breanna would be participating in one or more of the skills competitions.

Jim

Reaction Score
They couldn't make it to the taping. They were busy winning championships.

Reaction Score
McDonald's HS skills competition for both boys and girls. I would think at least Moriah, Morgan or Breanna would be participating in one or more of the skills competitions.

Tuck took second place in the three point shootout. Stewart is in the finals of the dunk contest.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Worst dunk contest ever! But Breanna is tied for the lead. Gary Harris of HSE (Taya Reimer's school) would have easily been better than 5 of the other guys.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Full write-up here

Of note:

Breanna Stewart, one of three girls in the contest, brought the crowd at the University of Illinois-Chicago to its feet when she slammed home a two-handed alley-oop for her first attempt and followed it up with a one-handed alley-oop for her second. Stewart, a UConn commit from Cicero-North Syracuse (Cicero, N.Y.) and the No. 1 prospect in the ESPNU HoopGurlz 100, earned a perfect score of 140 in the first round to advance to the finals. No girl had won the contest since Candace Parker in 2004.

But Shabazz Muhammad of Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, Nev.) stepped up to claim the championship.

In between the skills competition and the dunk contest, Morgan Tuck of Bolingbrook (Ill.), a UConn commit, moved out to the perimeter to win the girls' 3-point contest. She had a chance to tie boys' winner Rasheed Sulaimon of Strake Jesuit (Houston), but her final shot rimmed out.

--------------------------------

Worth pointing out here is that Shabazz Muhammad is the #1 or #2 recruit of the 2012 class. I don't care at all about dunking in the woman's game, but that's still a testament to Breanna's athleticism.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
oh gosh... another kid who dunks, this is getting out of control in WBB :rolleyes:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Btw, if you missed this and have access to espn3, you can watch the replay at your leisure. Worth watching for Abbey Waner in short shorts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom